PDA

View Full Version : It's a Bird! It's a Plane! It's Pepper!

kuhio98
05-26-2004, 04:24 PM
I've already told you (links below) about Pepper's broken toe and the unique "fix" my husband came up with to keep the cast dry. But, I haven't told you her latest stunt.

Like I said, I'm away from home at work. Bob is taking care of kitties this week. Pepper has been meowing her head off wanting to go outside but Bob has been keeping her in. He needed to do some yard work yesterday and decided to let Pepper out on the deck so she could watch him. The deck is on the 2nd story of the house. It has wooden slats that are wide enough for Pepper to squeeze through. So, Bob specially cut pieces of plexi-glass just the right height and lined the entire deck. He even screwed in the plexi-glass so she couldn't knock it over. So, there's no way she's going anywhere. Right........

Bob moved the Dodge Van from the garage and parked in the side yard. (Directly under the deck). As he watched in amazement, Pepper jumped up on top of the railing of the deck and after taking a moment to balance herself on her 3 good legs, leaped down and landed with a thud on top of the van. :eek: :eek: She then slid down the windshield and onto the ground where she did a TA DA! and ran to Bob for some cuddling.

Yes, it's too bad her heart murmur and broken toe are slowing her down. :rolleyes:

I'm flying home tomorrow and taking her to the vet for another checkup. Bob says she doesn't appear to have re-injured herself, but I think it should be examined. Not only do I have to explain the condom on her leg, but I have to confess that she's smarter than Bob and I! :p Short of a kitty straight jacket, I don't know what to try next. She is so tiny that every harness/walking jacket we've bought for her is too big. I'm going to check out ferret harnesses next. If that doesn't work, we'll get something made special. This girl is fearless!

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49258

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49693