PDA

View Full Version : For tux lovers, Tuxedo Cat website

Vermontcat
05-26-2004, 12:28 PM
I did a search for tux kitty photos and came across this cute website.
Tuxedo Cats (http://www.tuxedocatclub.com/)
Check out all the different links and photos.
I noticed that Kimlovescats has been there because Tucker's photo is on the members page.
I still love your website too Kim!

I also found this interesting link about the tuxedo coat patterns, check it out!
coat patterns (http://www.messybeast.com/bicolours.htm)

CatMama78
05-26-2004, 12:37 PM
YAY! thank you!!! I love, love, love it and MY Oreo will definitely have to join : D

catlover4ever
05-26-2004, 12:44 PM
Thank you for those 2 great links. I learned something new with the color patterns. I always thought that my mom's cat Ma-Gee was a Van Pattern because she is completely white on one side and has black spots on the other side, but a Van Pattern is completely white with the exception of the face and tail.

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-26-2004, 12:47 PM
Thanks for posting - that was really interesting! We are currently working on the BREED STANDARD for the Bahraini Dilmun, in order to get them registered as a breed, and we have noticed without fail that all the PIEBALD cats (of varying degrees) ALL have some VAN markings on their face (like Ally)

As a matter of fact, one of the authorities here in Bahrain wanted to know if Ally was available for breeding - of course she is not, as she is spayed, but I took it as a huge compliment, as this guy sees hundreds of Dilmuns!

Vermontcat
05-27-2004, 12:44 PM
I'm glad you liked the links.
I found the coat patterns very interesting too.
Ally is so pretty and unique, I think the Dilmun cats are a very exotic looking breed.:)

Cataholic
05-27-2004, 01:50 PM
That was fascinating! It does make sense, the patterns..but, I am convinced my Dakky and Tenny are PIE-eatingbalds..which explains their heftiness.:D

Felicia's Mom
05-27-2004, 07:59 PM
Thanks, That was very interesting. I grew up with a tuxedo cat, and have always had a soft spot in my heart for them.

catmandu
05-28-2004, 09:07 AM
I wqill check that out, As JJJ3 , moose , and the Late Mr. Scrappy , were all Tuxedo Cats , and like the Jellicle Cats , jolly and bright!

davidpizzica
05-30-2004, 04:23 PM
I just might join, as Nikki will be in good company! And the pattern chart was very interesting.