PDA

View Full Version : Eddie's Night Out

Edwina's Secretary
05-26-2004, 12:13 PM
Last night I was home uploading some photos to post on PT when the door bell rang. It was my next door neighbor bringing me some fresh made stuffed bell peppers. (Not something I really like but, as my mother taught me, I always rave about them….so she brings me more.) While we were chatting the door behind me was pushed open and there goes Eddie. It was as dark as the inside of your hat in the yard. She offered to help. I asked her to close the gate and run Eddie toward me. She misunderstood (she is from Lithuania) and closed the gate behind her. So I got a flashlight and spent the next 45 minutes walking around the yard, crawling behind and under the bushes, calling for Eddie.

So the neighbors heard me and the husband and wife come back over with another flashlight. They offered to bring Boomer, their black lab…the only dog that has ever bitten me…over to catch Eddie. I declined the offer. Finally, we spotted Eddie. “Oh this is fun! Chase me some more!”

He appeared to want to go in the house. So I went in, grabbed Edwina and handed her to the wife, left the door open and chased Eddie right in the open door.

My favorite line of the whole evening was the wife telling me, as she handed me my sweet little princess back…”She made a noise like a snake!”

Eddie then rolled over and did his “aren’t I the cutest?” routine. And yes, I assured him he is the cutest little boy.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
05-26-2004, 12:37 PM
Aw, Eddie, you really know how to liven up an evening. Glad you are back inside safe now! I will admit to a small grin at HH hissing like a snake! Could you tell stories about THAT!:D

catlover4ever
05-26-2004, 12:39 PM
It never ceases to amaze me just how much on their terms everything has to be. You may have wanted Eddie to come back in right away but 45 minutes later you are still looking around the yard for Eddie. Then they make you feel kind of guilty buy rolling and looking up at you with those darling eyes.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-26-2004, 12:41 PM
Such excitement! But I'm so glad you got him back inside, and better yet, I'm so glad he wanted to come back inside. Evidently 45 minutes outside without his protective cloak was just about enough for him - whew!

And Ms Edwina sounding like a snake? Naaahhh...the lady must have misunderstood. ;) :D

CatMama78
05-26-2004, 12:53 PM
what an evening :) ....I must admit I would have been in a state of panic:eek:

I'm glad Eddie didn't stay out on his adventure too long.

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-26-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
My favorite line of the whole evening was the wife telling me, as she handed me my sweet little princess back…”She made a noise like a snake!”

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OUR Edwina - surely not - your neighbour must be mistaken!!!

Glad Eddie is back inside after his big adventure - I can imagine what a scare you had!!

ramanth
05-26-2004, 01:16 PM
"She made a noise like a snake!”
http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/laughing/yelrotflmao.gif

:D Eddie, you silly boy.

Cataholic
05-26-2004, 03:09 PM
Yeah, never a dull moment with the great escapee and the little 'snake'...he he he...

Thank goodness Eddie returned to the roost.

AmberLee
05-26-2004, 04:01 PM
But a CUTE, Fuzzy snake, right?

Glad your little guy is in safe and sound now.

catnapper
05-26-2004, 04:36 PM
Eddie! don't do that to your Meowmie ever again! How is she going to spot you in a dark garden? You know you need your HARNESS when you're outside! I'm so glad you decided to come back inside after hunting around in the shrubbery for 45 minutes.

As for Miss Edwina, she certainly couldn't have made any such sound. The neighbor misheard her.

Randi
05-26-2004, 04:40 PM
Eddie, I understand you - it's much more exiting to go out when it's dark, isn' it! :D The way you did it was very smart, but you have to be very quick when the door is ajar, or you risk getting your tail squished. :eek: I have this huge bush across in the park I like to go and check now and again, I bet you have a similar exiting place in your yard. :) But one piece of advise: Be careful out there!!

Your pal,
Fister

Sara, what a scare! I'm glad you got him inside!! Even though you had to convince him. ;)

Oh the lady next door! :D Sounds like she was lucky not to get scratched! Nice of her and her husband to help looking! :)

Eddie, you don't need to explore! The place you live now is the best ever!!

ChrisH
05-26-2004, 04:46 PM
I am so glad dear Eddie finally decided that inside was the best place to be. :)

... My favorite line of the whole evening was the wife telling me, as she handed me my sweet little princess back…”She made a noise like a snake!”
:D :D :D :D

Killearn Kitties
05-26-2004, 04:58 PM
I'm sure Miss Edwina would be a big hit in show business. She is so accomplished in turning the attention towards herself, and she can even impersonate other animals! Excellent example of oneupcatship, Edwina.

Cinder & Smoke
05-26-2004, 05:19 PM
”She made a noise like a snake!” :eek:
:p

Neighbor Lady must have misheard...
CERTAINLY NOT from Lady Edwina! ;)

As for YOU, Eddie ~
SHAME on Ya! :(

MeowMee does NOT need Grey Hares to match yours!

Glad All is Well - and the Misplaced has Returned!

Too bad it took him 45 minutes to remember that Life on the Street
(or in the Bark Yard) isn't all that great at night! :p

(He probably discovered that his Always Full Food Bowl was NOT
to be found :eek: under the bushes.)

Eddie - let's NOT do that again!

lizbud
05-26-2004, 06:27 PM
Oh Eddie, you little stinker.:D I'm glad you ran back inside
quickly. It can be very scary 'out there' without your folks.:)

Sara, I love stuffed bell peppers. Yum.:) :D

Sorry Ms Edwina was miffed by the hand off routine. LOL. :D

gini
05-26-2004, 07:33 PM
Eddie, Eddie, Eddie, what are you trying to do? I think you were just showing off for Edwina.

Don't you realize that these types of adventures scare your Mom to death?

And no strutting around Edwina now, either!!

kimlovescats
05-26-2004, 07:45 PM
I'm sure you had 45 minutes of fear and frustration ... but I'm SORRY, the way you tell it .. I just can't help but GIGGLE!!!! :eek:
Eddie was so sure he was in trouble (and rightfully so) I know that roll over cuz "I'm so cute" routine well around here!!!
Then to hear that Edwina made a "sound like a snake" was tooo much!!!! She probably wanted that rather odd woman to release her from her clutches IMMEDIATELY!!! She was, afterall, touching a rather sensitive and couiffered coat of fur!!! :D

Corinna
05-26-2004, 08:35 PM
Sounds as exciting as my morning trying to get ready for work. Ebony the non hunter packs in a LIVE bird. Playing with it it disappered so after waking the cats owner(20yr old son a chore in its self) spent 20 mintues trying to find the bird and keep cat away, found it and let it out. I guess later she brought it back in and ate it the kid had to clean it up :D glad it was his turn. He says next time she gets locked up, haha shes the one who if you don't let her out of a room she pees on your bed.

krazyaboutkatz
05-26-2004, 10:37 PM
I'm so glad that Eddie is back inside where it's safe.:)
Edwina "hissing like a snake". This cracked me up. LOL:D

jazzcat
05-26-2004, 10:56 PM
What a little adventure for Eddie. Glad he wasn't "out all night".

Miss Edwina sounds like a snake? Never.

Vio&Juni
05-27-2004, 01:53 AM
Oh, Eddie, what a naw-tee boy you are!

As for hissing - we heard a lot of that too last night. I bought some pink peonies and put them in a vase. Next thing, I find both Pichu and Juni smelling them. I shooed them away and in 20 seconds Juni started hissing - at Pichu, at me, at Carolina. She's still hissing and my hand is scratched. :eek: She slept on the balcony (it has windows and it's not cold). No idea what happened that she turned into a cobra - she even looked like one.

Pam
05-27-2004, 06:09 AM
What a scare! Why do they always try these things at night? My Ripley backed out of his collar while on a walk through the neighborhood at night several weeks ago. Have you ever looked for a black dog in the dark? He, like Eddie, thought it was great fun to have Mom looking like a fool and screeching at the top of her lungs. Eddie, how quickly you and Ripley have forgotten that *life on the streets* is no piece of cake. I'm so glad you are back home where you belong. :)

catmandu
05-27-2004, 08:54 AM
Eddie , this is JJJ3 , and I toolike to sneak outside, and watch the Feeder , try and catch me! But not Too Much , as he is really concerned as there are People , on this block , who do not like Cats!Did tyiu get a Reard , that isthe one thing , that the Feeder does , goes to the Store , and buys Temptations!I LOVE HH EDWINA!

catcrazylady
05-27-2004, 11:59 AM
Eddie I'm sure you gave everyone quit a fright running off and hiding like that! What would HH do without you now? Silly boy, you had better behave.

HH sounding like a snake had me in tears from laughter!!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Lillycat
06-09-2004, 07:31 AM
boomer bit you?