PDA

View Full Version : I'm a terrible pet owner :'(

Amber
05-25-2004, 08:19 PM
Im a terrible cat owner....Maggie is LOST. Today when I got home from school, I couldn't find maggie. Then I asked my mom about it, and she didn't see her either. So we search every single room in the house, and every possible place maggie could be. no luck :(

I'm worried sick. Maggie is outside somewhere in this world. Im just afraid where she could be. These questions keep rolling in my head....What if she is hurt? What if somone found her, and is keeping her? what if she is.....is dead? :( God...Im going to go crazy. I just can't stop thinking how much of a bad pet owner i am.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE PT, PRAY HARDER THAN YOU EVER PRAYED. I REALLY NEED YOUR POWERFUL PRaYERS. THEY ALWAYS WORK. I WANT MY BABY GIRL BACK.:( :(

We are putting a add in the paper tomorrow, and we are gonna try to get a picture in there too. Were also calling the vets, and shelters. Tomorrow im also making posters.

(please don't move this thread.....)

I <333 you maggie, please come home where you are safe. I need you. Please maggie....I can't go through this again...

please Lord...Find my girl

petlover
05-25-2004, 08:25 PM
Amber, you are a wonderful pet owner. Don't even once think that you are a bad one. You will find Maggie. I make a list of things to pray for each day, and Maggie is at the top. You are in my prayers, and most certainly, Sweet Maggie.

carole
05-25-2004, 08:28 PM
Amber don't despair just yet, sometimes Kittys do this kind of thing, just to scare us, I know how worried you are feeling, and please don't berate yourself, your'e NOT a bad pet owner at all, fingers and paws all crossed here for the safe return of your beloved Maggie, you are in our thoughts. COME HOME PLEASE MAGGIE, Amber needs you back and misses you so much.!!!!

Dogz
05-25-2004, 08:29 PM
Amber, do not say that you are a horrible pet owner. Things happen, and it wasn't your fault. I am praying that you find your sweet, sweet Maggie. I am hoping that she is in a safe place.

binka_nugget
05-25-2004, 08:29 PM
You're not a terrible pet owner! Sometimes, things like this happen to the best of us. Keep positive! You're a good owner.

I'll pray hard for you and your family to find Maggie safe and sound. :)

Amber
05-25-2004, 08:30 PM
thankyou everyone......this means alot to me.

maymay girl...come home:(

Cincy'sMom
05-25-2004, 08:34 PM
Try not to beat yourself up, Amber. Cats can be sneaky at getting out. I hope you find her safe and sound soon!

guster girl
05-25-2004, 08:42 PM
And, I'm sure you have looked everywhere inside already, but, I can't tell you how many times I've helped people look for their cats and they're still inside, just super hidden. My cat once fell asleep in a crock pot in a cabinet. I mean, the pot was really deep and even when I opened the cabinet, I couldn't see him. I was freaked out! And, my cat, Lock, will get under the kitchen cabinets between the floor and the bottom of the cabinet. I hope you find your kitty soon.

dukedogsmom
05-25-2004, 08:45 PM
Maggie kitty, please come home soon. Your mama and all of us are so worried! We pray that you are safe and warm somewhere and that you come back to your mama soon.

Karen
05-25-2004, 08:51 PM
Check all closets, underneath beds and chairs, inside dresser drawers, check the basement, check the dryer ... rattle a box of kitty treats outside ...

Please Maggie, reappear!

Cookiebaker
05-25-2004, 08:51 PM
Amber, I can't even begin to imagine how you are feeling right now.How very scary! :(

Don't forget that cats are *very* smart and (unlike dogs) remember where they live and usually come home.

We are praying hard that Maggie will find her way home soon!!

{hugs}

Cinder & Smoke
05-25-2004, 08:53 PM
MAGGIE! Time to come Home - NOW!!

And Amber -
Do some things - right NOW - Tonight - to encourage her to
Come Home >>>

Put some of her Food in her dish - on the porch or steps...
And some water, too...

Put an article of Your Clothing that you have Worn but not washed -
right beside the food.
Your Body Scent will remind her that THIS is where she lives.

Leave a Light On - Just like Motel 6!

Walk around the neighborhood - SOFTLY Calling her name -
be sure you don't sound :mad: mad -
TRY to Sound HAPPY!

CALL or Visit ALL the neighbors -
someone may have spotted her.

/s/ Phred

K9soul
05-25-2004, 09:20 PM
Oh Amber :( :( :(

I'm praying for you and for Maggie with all my heart, that she will come home soon, safe and sound. Don't blame yourself Amber, as others have said even these things can happen to any of us, please don't blame and beat yourself up over this. I know your heart must be in such anguish. {{HUGS}}

Please come home Maggie!

RobiLee
05-25-2004, 09:40 PM
Amber, please don't beat yourself up. We all know that you are not a terrible pet owner, so don't even say such a thing. We will all be thinking about you and Maggie and praying for her safe return.

Quit your exploring, Maggie and get home!

Hugs for you Amber...Robin

Steffi N
05-25-2004, 10:23 PM
Amber, I hope that Maggie comes home soon.

Karen
05-25-2004, 10:27 PM
A reminder - a terrible pet owner wouldn't care! Here, Maggie, Maggie, Maggie!

One of the cats Paul grew up with would leave for weeks at a time in the summer, always to reappear at her leisure, safe and sound. (They lived on a bluff above a river, so there was plenty of hunting available, apparently!)

Oh, Maaaaggggiiiiieee! Treats await!

popcornbird
05-25-2004, 10:48 PM
Oh Amber! :( {{{hugs}}}

Don't lose hope just yet! I'm sure Maggie will find her way back home. She's a cat, and cats usually have a very strong sense of direction and come back home even after getting lost. I'll be praying hard for the return of your beautiful kitty. I can't imagine how frightened you must be. :(

Please come home little Maggie! Please come home now!!!

slleipnir
05-25-2004, 10:50 PM
She'll be back before you know it :) My old dog we use to have use to get away sometimes. It was really horrible, but he always found his way home when he was tired or whatever :)

trayi52
05-25-2004, 11:04 PM
Amber, I don't think you are a bad pet owner at all! At least you care about where she is, and you are searching for her.

I want to tell my about my RB cat name Pyewackett. I got her from a lady that was moving back to New Zealand, I gave her 10 dollars and got all Pyes foods, and etc. Well, what I didn't know was when I got her out to the car, I noticed she had a huge tummy, yeap, you guessed it she was pregnant! So I got Pye, and a litter of kittens. The kittens were born, and all went well until I found out they had the same thing Kim's little kitten has, Coccidia(sp?), they all died but one, I had to have her and the kittens treated, lost all but one. After that one kitten left for its new home, I took Pye to the vet had her spayed. I brought her home, I swear she was mad at me, she hid inside the house for two days. I tore the house apart looking for her. I thought she had gotten outside somehow. I searched for her outside, could not find her. I thought she had went somewhere and died! Two days later she crawled out of the couch, yes the couch.

Pye had hidden herself inside the couch and would not come out, I still don't know how she got inside the couch, except maybe the lining on the bottom was loose and she went in that way. That little rascal was in the house all that time!

Guster gir, has a point, cats can hide in some places that you just would not think of. Maggie knows she is loved by you and if she got outside, then she will find her way back to you.

Sorry for the long boring story, I seem to be doing a lot of rambling tonight!!

Willie

lynnestankard
05-26-2004, 06:15 AM
{{{{Amber}}}} Don't Panic!
Search the house again - the places we've found our three are amazing! Including - a shopping bag (not plastic!), on top of the kitchen cupboard, on the seat of the motor bike in the garage and numerous times inside cupboards!
They've also gone 'walk about' on many occassions - they ALWAYS come home!
Cat's are amazing - so come home Maggie - treats, a tearful Meowmie and many cuddles waiting for you xxxxxx

Fingers and many crossed paws over here!

Lynne

My Peanuts
05-26-2004, 02:46 PM
Amber, you're not a bad pet owner. Things happen and all we can do is deal with them. Put the ad in the paper and keep looking. You'll find Maggie.

joanofark
05-26-2004, 02:50 PM
Your not a bad pet owner,don't think that! I will pray for you and her.

sirrahbed
05-26-2004, 02:53 PM
Any word on Maggie yet? Jenny (PayitForward) has a webpage of suggestions on what to do when you think your cat may be lost and a really nice automatic generated poster to make with a picture and everything. It is here: Find Your Kitty (http://www.piftails.com/main/articles/general/lostcat.html)
I hope this helps!!!

My daughter's kitty was "lost" several days ago. She found him!! He had made a hole in the bottom of a chair. She had even turned this chair over looking for him!! But, he was so scared he crawled up past the springs and lining and was actually in the chairBACK!!! Not even the seat cushion but the back!

CatMama78
05-26-2004, 02:57 PM
Oh my goodness.....I am so, so sorry Amber. I truly empathize with you. I know you must be in such a state right now. I have tears in my eyes. First thing is you are not a bad owner at all. You are a vey caring and kind one. Second thing is take a deep breath. I just know Maggie will come home safely OR she is still in the house. Once Wilber hid inside of the couch....you can't believe the places cats can hide. One time my friends cats jumped in the dishwasher and was hiding for a while. We thought for sure the cat had escaped. I will pray super, super hard for you and for Maggie. Maggie, please, please come home immediately. We're all praying for your safe return.

catcrazylady
05-26-2004, 03:02 PM
I just saw this and I'm so sorry! I know you must be terrified! I lost Leroy for three days and I almost went crazy. He got out and somehow got locked in someones shed. He came straight home the minute he got out. I really didn't think I would ever see him again. Well, I almost couldn't see him when he came home because my eyes were so swollen from crying!
Don't give up hope and have faith. You have a lot of people praying really hard for Maggie.

bluekat
05-26-2004, 04:05 PM
Oh Amber I'm so sorry:({{{hugs}}} I can't imagine how scared you must be right now...and please don't blame it on yourself! It wasn't your fault. Don't worry, we know that Maggie will come home soon:) Don't give up hope, and keep us updated!

I'll be praying for a safe return home soon:)

DogLover9501
05-26-2004, 04:12 PM
Oh, Amber :( {{{Hugs}}}

You are NOT a bad pet owner!!

I'll be thinking of Maggie and hoping for a safe, SOON, return home!

ChrisH
05-26-2004, 04:31 PM
Oh, Amber, I just saw this. No way are you a bad pet owner, it could happen to any of us.

Sending prayers and positive thoughts for Maggie to come home safe & sound, and real soon!

Hugs
Chris

delidog
05-26-2004, 08:57 PM
Any word on Dear Maggie Yet??

KYS
05-26-2004, 09:13 PM
Sending many wishes that Maggie will be safe at home.
As Karen said check even the closets.
Sending lot of good thoughts and hugs.

Amber
05-26-2004, 09:31 PM
Thanks everyone....

no, we haven't found her yet. But I swear she can't be in the house...she would have come out by now...or maybe she's just being stubborn. Me and my mom were thinking....our neighbors haven't been home in a while. But they were here before maggie left. Maybe maggie ran into their garage? We are gonna check tomorrow. We checked everywhere. and I even shaked her kitty food over and over. I just hope somone has her....hope they see our ad in the paper. uhhh :(:(

where going to the shelter tomorrow....

Tweety_Pie
05-26-2004, 09:35 PM
OH NO!!!! :( I hope you find Maggie!:(
{{hugs to you Amber}}

You and Maggie will be in my thoughts!

jazzcat
05-26-2004, 11:17 PM
Oh Amber I'm so sorry. I just now saw this thread and was racing to the end to hopefully read the good news that Maggie is found. I'm sorry.

Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way.

shais_mom
05-27-2004, 12:31 AM
:( Poor Maggie!!
It isn't your fault!!! They are so darn sneaky sometimes!!!
Please come home Maggie!

kimlovescats
05-27-2004, 12:53 AM
Praying for Maggie's safe return! :(

popcornbird
05-27-2004, 01:01 AM
Oh Amber. :( I'm still praying hard for your baby's safe return. Please keep us updated.

delidog
05-27-2004, 05:54 AM
Good Luck Today...
We are Praying for Maggies' Safe Return!!

wolfie
05-27-2004, 11:56 AM
Oh, poor Maggie! :( I hope you find her really soon!

And you aren't a bad owner - it's not your fault, or anyone's.

I hope Maggie is home soon.

*hugs*

DJFyrewolf36
05-27-2004, 12:28 PM
Your kitty will return, I just know it! My roomate was really scared. Her kitty got out after a window was broken *when it got busted, the cat really got scared and bolted*. We looked and looked for days and he never came. Finally we heard meowling at the door and it was her kitty safe and sound *although dirty lol* Cats know where the food and the love is, so they'll come back!

wolf_Q
05-27-2004, 12:32 PM
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that!! I sure hope you find Maggie soon!!! :(

almamee
05-27-2004, 12:57 PM
Did you find her at your neighbors garage and the shelter I hope you find your cat back in your arms

CatMama78
05-28-2004, 09:01 AM
Gosh Maggie, please come home right away. Your mommie and the rest of us are so concerned. Still praying for your safe return.

ramanth
05-28-2004, 10:56 AM
You are NOT a bad pet owner!

I hope Maggie is found soon. *hugs*

GoldenRetrLuver
05-28-2004, 08:54 PM
I'm sorry, Amber, I just saw this now. :(

Come home, Maggie! You're not a bad pet owner, things like this can happen.

Any news? :( Best of luck to you.

apcrs5122
05-28-2004, 10:41 PM
Oh, Amber, I just got to this:( I know how scared you are, and how bad you feel, but you are NOT a bad owner! I'll pray for Maggie's saftey and her return to you. ***HUGS***

EssTer
05-29-2004, 08:02 AM
Oh no.... I'll pray for Maggie, that she comes safe home very very soon! Amber, you are wonderful pet owner...(If you wouldnt you wouldnt be worried about Maggie)

lynnestankard
05-29-2004, 09:16 AM
Still got your furbaby on my mind Amber - hoping she's returned to her lovely home - any news??

Maggeeeee Maggeeee come home Maggeeee treeeeeeats :)

Lynne

primabella
05-29-2004, 09:32 AM
As been said, Amber, you are NOT a bad pet owner, but these things happen. I'm sending some strong prayers your way and hoping Maggie will come home or be found safe and sound.

bluekat
05-29-2004, 09:40 AM
Any luck?:(
I'm still praying for Maggie's safe return home...

Amber
05-29-2004, 04:13 PM
Thankyou everyone

Still no sign of Maggie..

We went to the animal shelter today, and gosh all those cats. I never knew our shelter had so many baby kittens. Maggie wasn't at the shelter but we left them info if she is brought in.

She can't be too far.:(

guster girl
05-29-2004, 04:37 PM
Thanks for posting an update. Although it isn't good news, it's still good to hear from you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Katsmeow
05-29-2004, 06:20 PM
I'm sorry I don't know the whole story and I don't get around this whole network very well, I did see that apparently you've lost your cat, Maggie. Have you called every vet in the area and had them post your name, number, etc., on their wall? And any stores - delis, liquor stores, whatever and done the same? I lost a ferret once on L.I. and 6mos. later, a guy called from the vet saying that they've had him for months. There's always hope.:)