PDA

View Full Version : Boomer's Mommy/surgery complication :-(

sirrahbed
05-25-2004, 06:40 PM
Could more of you please post well wishes for Missy? She really needs it as things did not go too well. back from surgery (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50013)

RedHedd
05-25-2004, 06:47 PM
Mitzi and Mishi send warm, furry eye kisses to Boomer's meowmie that she feels better soon ... heck that she feels again! That's SO scary what happened!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid104/p036f260a7a086ac7f8c2b507f5ffee8f/f99a6653.jpg

kimlovescats
05-25-2004, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the "heads up", Deb .... I posted on that thread ... poor Missy!!!

Felicia's Mom
05-25-2004, 08:05 PM
Sorry the surgery didn't go well. I had not read anything about it. Hope you feel better soon!

catcrazylady
05-26-2004, 06:02 AM
I didn't know it was there either. Poor Missy!

sirrahbed
05-26-2004, 07:19 AM
Thank you guys! Missy had a complication where a nerve was damaged and her lip and chin has no feeling. We kept talking back and forth on the phone, she sounded terrible, I got her to call the oral surgery clinic - CLOSED. Then pleaded with her to call ER and they said to COME IN to dental clinic. She could not drive and Paul located a ride for her...She went back to the dental clinic and the doctor did some testing and determined that is was larger nerve bruising and more than likely minor and temporary! Whew! Scared ME!!! Well I called her the morning and yelled at her now I feel bad but I was worried:o Well, not yelled exactly but had expected to hear back last night and so thought she must have been hospitalized - but me I am such a worry wart!! My problem:rolleyes: Poor thing. Now she has pain from the surgery in the back of her jaw, but no feeling in the front part where her lip and chin is! She has to hold something under her mouth to drink because she dribbles. But, she is eating ice cream, pudding and spaghettios:) She says her jawline looks like Brad Pitt!! Boomer is being a sweet nurse and staying close by. Paul bought the new LOTR video and she watched that. It's bedtime in Japan now so I imagine she has gone to speep!!
THANKS for sending her nice messages. We have done so much communicating here on the board - more than e-mail or phone!!! She really was happy to come home and find that people had left post for her:D :D
Blessings!