PDA

View Full Version : Pacer update

Glacier
05-25-2004, 04:59 PM
Thanks everyone for your good wishes for Pacer. I got to bring him home this afternoon. As I posted last night, his injures are worse than first suspected and he's still in some danger, especially if he gets an infection in the two major wounds. He also has an assortment of puncture wounds and scrapes.

He's on three different anti-biotics and I threw a little fit and got some extra pain meds for him--I don't care if he's not acting like it hurts, it has to hurt! So they gave me some Metacam to give him for a few days.

Pacer has taken over Preacher's comfy bed in the porch. All he wants to do is sleep. Although the vet says he ate well this morning and he did try to stick his nose out the window on the way home. He gets to be a full time house dog until he is healed up. My husband finished putting up the new fence last night. We put our best escape artist in there last night and it took Muskwa over an hour to find a way out. Tonight that spot gets reinforced and then when he's healed, Pacer can go in there--far away from the big meanies who ganged up on him!

Kfamr
05-26-2004, 02:14 AM
Thank you so much for the uppiedate.
I'm glad Pacer is home. How is he feeling today?

It's too bad everyone ganged up on him. :( Like I said previously, hopefully that doesn't effect how he was coming out of his shell.
He sure is a handsome boy. :D

Canis Amicus
05-26-2004, 05:24 AM
I am glad Pacer is back home and doing well.
My best wishes for him.

delidog
05-26-2004, 06:27 AM
I too am So glad that Sweet Pacer is Home!!!!
He needs You guys!!!!
Sorry the other dogs are ganging up on him!!!
Oh that Pack Order thing!!!!!!

Give him a Gentle Hug for us!!!!

cloverfdx
05-26-2004, 06:47 AM
I am also glad Pacer is home. :) Still sending positive thoughts Pacer's way for a full and quick recovery.

{{{Hugs}}}

Glacier
05-26-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Thank you so much for the uppiedate.
I'm glad Pacer is home. How is he feeling today?

He's in a good deal of pain I think, but that's to be expected. He looks awful. He did eat last night though and is drinking normally. He is very cooperative about letting me clean his stitches and pop pillls down his throat. The tear by his tail is obviously very sore. He whines and paces alot before he will take a poop, but at least he can control when he does! Hopefully that will continue!*paws crossed*

I took him for a very short walk last night--just down the road and he perked right up. He loves to watch the neighbor's horses. This morning he wagged his tail a little bit so I think those are good signs.

Kfamr
05-26-2004, 10:20 AM
Awww! I'm sure he is in pain, but I bet it's a huge relief with those pills and a sweet loving mommy to take care of him!

I got a big smile on my face from the last part of your post. Give that boy some gentle hugs for me! :D

*paws and fingers crossed here, as well.*

:)

My Peanuts
05-26-2004, 12:49 PM
I'm glad to hear Pacer is home. It's also good to hear he is drinking and eating normally; definitely a good sign. I will pray he heals up quickly.

tatsxxx11
05-26-2004, 02:12 PM
I'm so glad to hear you're home, Pacer!:) Take it easy and lap up all that extra loving your mom is showering you with...and that comfy porch time:) Hopefully before long, you'll be all healed and enjoying the outdoor life in your new pen. Hugs to you Pacer! Feel better soon sweetheart:)

ramanth
05-26-2004, 02:21 PM
Oh Pacer. :( I hope you heal up soon. *hugs*