And know I'll think about you
Throughout your busy day.

The time we've left together
Is a treasured time at that.
My heart is yours forever;
I promise . . . This Old Cat.

catmandu
05-25-2004, 09:10 AM
That is touching , and I treasure my Cats , as they mature , and appreciate them more and more , every day!

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-25-2004, 09:14 AM
OMG I am sitting here BAWLING!! That is SO touching. One of the things I lOVE the most about PT is that you all understand how I feel about my babies - I ADORE them. To most people they are " just cats" to me they are in my heart!!!

Laura's Babies
05-25-2004, 09:25 AM
That is SO sweet! I am a sucker for the old ones and I had a vet that knew it. He would always tell me, "I have this old cat they brought in for me to put to sleep...but it is still healthy and I really don't want to do that!" Over the years I took home about 4 senior cats from him that were allowed to live out the rest of their days in a warm loving home. I know they never understood what happened to their owners and how they came to be in this strange house with a stranger..

catlover4ever
05-25-2004, 09:28 AM
I have this one on my fridge....it makes me think of Tucker everytime I open the door....then I go and sit on the patio with her and give her some ice cream and lovings.

I am thinking of cross stitching this poem and having a few of Tucker's pictures put with it when it is done.

trinity
05-25-2004, 09:29 AM
I knew I should have gone with my first instinct and not read that here at work, but I did anyway. I think I'll just tell people it is allergies making my nose run and eyes water...that was wonderful....well worth the snuffy nose....now I want to go home and snuggle my guys for the rest of the day!

Fallon
05-25-2004, 09:33 AM
What a nice poem!

Kona & Oreo's mom
05-25-2004, 09:39 AM
That is a beautiful poem! It made me tear up, too. :)

catnapper
05-25-2004, 09:44 AM
These things should really come with warning labels! *warning: vision might grow blurry from tears.*

sirrahbed
05-25-2004, 10:16 AM
That was so sweet!! The one and only cat I ever knew who chose ME as his favorite person in the world was RB Bert and we took him in as an older cat - already about 8 years old. He lived with us for another nine years!!!! Oh I loved that cat!!! He was orange! That is probably why I love orangies so much. I love my kittens - they were my first and only kittens - but I still prefer an older adult who needs me - like Dylan!!!
Thanks for the lovely poem and YES it made me cry!!!!

Cataholic
05-25-2004, 12:28 PM
I hesitated to read this.....but, I am glad I did. I, too, treasure my 'mature' boy, Texas. He is my heart cat, for sure.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-25-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
I hesitated to read this.....but, I am glad I did. I, too, treasure my 'mature' boy, Texas. He is my heart cat, for sure.

Ditto, except insert Tubby in place of Tex.

I be sure and give Tubby a hug and smooch every morning before I leave for work. :)

CatMama78
05-25-2004, 02:37 PM
Goodness, there's that lump in my throat again. So sad..........

jenluckenbach
05-25-2004, 07:04 PM
I have read this before and still I read it again KNOWING the tears would flow. It is very touching.

kimlovescats
05-25-2004, 07:33 PM
BEAUTIFUL, thank you for sharing this. I would love to take in an elderly cat, but I am afraid it would never adjust in its advanced age to all the mayheim in my home! :rolleyes: