PDA

View Full Version : I Knew I've Seen This Dog!!!

QueenScoopalot
05-25-2004, 08:03 AM
http://www.dogsdeservebetter.com/stcolchained.html I forget who posted Snowball's picture here...But hopefully with all this exposure he'll be free of this hellish life soon. :mad: :( :mad: CHAINED TO A DOGHOUSE FOR 33 HOURS!

Saturday & Sunday, July 3-4, 2004
During our 2nd Annual Chain Off Event!

Tammy Sneath Grimes, founder of Dogs Deserve Better, will be chained to a doghouse in the PA college town of State College Saturday, July 3 and Sunday, July 4th.

We've chosen the weekend of July 3-4 for a reason: to contrast the celebration of the freedom of America with the archaic tradition of keeping dogs imprisoned on a 3 ft. chain. During this time Dogs Deserve Better calls attention to those who are still not free—dogs who live their entire lives on the end of a chain or enclosed in a pen.

Says Grimes, “There are many people in America who don’t even know this goes on, or don’t believe these dogs live out there for their entire lives. My hope is to bring this national problem to their attention. Everyone needs to know how chained and penned dogs live, and everyone who knows the loving nature of a dog needs to take a stand against it.”

The theme of the event is "I'll Stand by You: Freedom for Chained Dogs".

The first eight hours of chaining for Grimes will take place in the Hi-Way Pizza lot next to Snowball (pictured above and here), a white dog in State College, PA who has lived chained for 15 years. Juana Richards and many other people have tried to give him a better life, but without laws to protect him, he continues to live chained there to this day. “We hope to highlight the plight of Snowball and others like him. No one should be allowed to force a dog to live as Snowball has. America is the land of the free, and yet we continue to imprison man’s best friend.”

Grimes will be at the Hi-Way Pizza on Atherton Street from 8am to 5pm Saturday, July 3rd. She will then move downtown to Websters Book Store on College Avenue from 5pm to 8am for the overnight stay, and then finally in front of the Main Gates of Penn State University from 8am to 5pm on Sunday, July 4th.

Dogs Deserve Better will be playing video, passing out info, and selling t-shirts for the event. If anyone in other areas would like to join in the event by holding a booth or being chained for awareness, please e-mail [email protected] asap. (To buy your t-shirt with Snowball, visit our store.)

(A HUGE thanks to Terri Bunge and Amy Smith for organizing permissions. It's not an easy feat, and they pulled it off! We'd also like to thank the businesses who are allowing us to be there, Hi-Way Pizza, Websters, and PSU, we couldn't do it without your help!)

Get the Word Out About Chain Off 2004: Read More!

QueenScoopalot
05-25-2004, 08:06 AM
For some reason when I copied & pasted the story the pictures didn't come up. :confused:

chocolatepuppy
05-25-2004, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the info, I've added this site to my favorites and I also ordered a t-shirt , the one that says start a chain reaction.I hate seeing dogs chained:mad: