PDA

View Full Version : Horror: man threw knife after me and Rex.

Canis Amicus
05-25-2004, 08:01 AM
Yesterday at 6am we went to our early morning walk. At the first corner, on our block, Rex gave a growl, I stoped to see what it was. There were two "drogeler" (Swiss word for drug addicts that hang on the streets) and a husky.

We continued to walk, the huslky didn't react to Rex' growl, but one of the men, run after us, cursing, threating to cut Rex' throat and me. He took a knife of his jacket's pocket, and threw it toward us, two times. Luckly the knife fell at the street. We run in zig zag, crossing the street. The second man kept calling him back, but he didn't stop.

I yelled him to stop that, the dog was doing nothing, etc. But he kept coming after us, till we could reach a park, where I called the police, and was told I had to go there to report.

I was absolutelly desperate, and was afraid to come back home.

After our walk I went to the police station and made a report and was told they are searching for a man like I discribed.
At 7pm they called me to see some photos to identify that "drogeler" (which had Asian look). Was not him on the photo.

If I see him, I have to call the police again; if they have any news,
I will be informed.

During the weekend, day and night I had to walk Rex because he had diarrhea, and nothing happened. Even yesterday morning, we walked at 4am.

The police station is only one block down where the man attacked us!!!

I decided to move to a smaller town or even a small village asap.

Gotta have nerves of steel!!!

Rosana
and
Rex (German Shepherd, 3y)

KYS
05-25-2004, 08:23 AM
What a scary experience.
I would have been terrified.
Sounds like he was mentally ill too.
Glad you and Rex are safe.
I hope this person is off the street
before he hurts someone.

4 Dog Mother
05-25-2004, 08:46 AM
OMG, how horrible! Glad nothing happened to you or Rex. I, too would move away from that area especially if those kind of things are happening just one block from the police station.

binka_nugget
05-25-2004, 09:12 AM
How frightening! :eek:

I'm glad you and Rex are fine though.

MariaM
05-25-2004, 09:17 AM
That is sooo scary! I can't believe something like that would happen so close to a police station! Very glad you're both ok!!:eek:

Fallon
05-25-2004, 09:29 AM
Gosh that sounds pretty bad. I can't believe someone would do something as crazy as that! I'm glad you guys are alright though.. you never know what you're going to run into. Moving may be a good idea. I just hope you don't see that man again and that you aren't too traumatized.

Kona & Oreo's mom
05-25-2004, 09:37 AM
I am glad that you and Rex are safe. What a scary event!

FizzGiggs_Mommy
05-25-2004, 09:55 AM
Wow what a scary thing to happen to you and Rex. I would defonatly have to move from that city.

ramanth
05-25-2004, 10:01 AM
How scary!! I'm glad you and Rex are okay.

Canis Amicus
05-25-2004, 10:37 AM
Thank you all. I am still scared and when I go out I am much more alert.

One of the reasons for so much "drogeler" here is that till last year there was a kind of "ambulatory" (from health authorities), to supply hard drugs for the addicted, free, under prescriptions (they had to inject themselves in the ambulatory). That was to cut down the drug traffic. The amburatory is now closed, but the "drogeler" are still around here.

Still scared.

Rosana
and
Rex

ps: the only nice thing in this case was that the police officer said he had also a German Shepherd, and recommended a natural medicine for Rex' intestinal weakness.

SandraDee
05-25-2004, 11:31 AM
wow, that was quite the ordeal! How scarey! I'm so glad that you and Rex are okay!

dukedogsmom
05-25-2004, 11:38 AM
I would have been terrified! Isn't there any safe place for you to enjoy walking your dog? Like you said, if you could move, that might be best. You might not be so lucky next time and that wouldn't be good at all. Be careful! Can you take a weapon with you? Even something like a taser?

Blanquito de la habana
05-25-2004, 11:42 AM
you must have been wery sceard

My Peanuts
05-25-2004, 12:46 PM
Oh wow! That must have been so scary. I hope they get that guy.

dappledoxie
05-25-2004, 07:23 PM
That is awful! I am glad you two are ok!

Dogz
05-25-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
I would have been terrified! Isn't there any safe place for you to enjoy walking your dog? Like you said, if you could move, that might be best. You might not be so lucky next time and that wouldn't be good at all. Be careful! Can you take a weapon with you? Even something like a taser?

I agree with what Valerie said here. Do you think that you and Rex could walk somewhere besides that place? Is there another park that you can walk to? Can you walk to the park a different way?

I hope that they find out who it is, he cannot be out like that. Someone could get hurt. I am glad that you and Rex are okay, and I hope you never have to see that guy ever again.

sabies
05-25-2004, 10:03 PM
Wow that is awful! Glad you guys are ok and I hope you never see the man again except after the police have him.

Canis Amicus
05-26-2004, 05:46 AM
It happened exactly at the first corner on the block where I live!
The park is one block away only! He run after us along the block between the corner and the park! 6am, daylight.

The park itself is at the Kantons Police headquarters! Believe me! And the Municipal Police is at the side of that Park. The police station is just around the block where it happened.

In general, the police presence here is massive. I live here for the last two years, and never happened anything of any kind of violence to me. Indeed, till now I felt safer here then when I lived in a smaller town only 18min with the train, in which i had been harrassed many times at late night trains, when i used to come to the city for concerts, opera, cinema, etc. Anyway, never a case to police.

I liked when I moved to the city because i can go walking everywhere, but now, is enough.

Thank you all for the support.

Rosana
and
Rex

Kfamr
05-26-2004, 07:11 AM
:eek: Do things like that happen often in your town? (Not just to you, like to others as well)

How scary. I'd move!

Canis Amicus
05-26-2004, 10:15 AM
We live in Zurich downtown. It is possible that to happen to anyone, I was unfortunate.
I am Brazilian, but live here in Switzerland for about ten years, and it is the first time that this kind of thing had happened in my whole life!

It is common to happen that the junkies under drug influence do atrocities to people, animals and their belongings. Since they have the excuse to be "under drugs and are not aware of their acts" nothing happen to them. They are considered ill, unable to work and to be integrated in the society.