PDA

View Full Version : dog walker shot to death on trail.

RICHARD
05-24-2004, 05:00 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0522hikershot22.html

QueenScoopalot
05-24-2004, 08:49 PM
Geesh, now even dog walkers aren't safe. This doesn't sit right with me at all. Couldn't this gun toting nut have asked the hiker to leash the dogs if he feared them, rather than blasting the guy with not one 'accidental' bullet...but three? :mad: :eek: :mad:

clara4457
05-24-2004, 10:20 PM
This doesn't sit right with me either. I don't know of any shelter that would let any aggressive dog out for a walk with anyone. Typical that they would assume that a chow and a GSD were aggressive and they would attack at will. :mad:

Maresche
05-25-2004, 10:47 AM
Doesn't sound right to me either. I mean if you're afraid these dogs are going to attack you, why shoot the dog walker and not the dogs who you think are about to attack you?

ramanth
05-25-2004, 11:14 AM
:( I just don't know what to say.

Justifiable homicide? :mad: :mad: :( :(

Logan
05-25-2004, 11:35 PM
I can hardly believe this. :( If the guy felt threatened, wouldn't he have shot the dogs???? Why the dog walker???? We may never know.

ziron
05-26-2004, 07:06 AM
well I always try to look at the action/subject from all points of view. This guy was old and retired ok. 1 dog comes barking as you and gets about 6 feet away. Then a guy comes shouting. (wish I really knew what we said) he could of said stop shooting my dogs, please don't shoot , I am gonna kill you and etc
this guy shouting tho is kinda far away. I either A) walk back keepin my gun pointed B) shoot the dog c) shoot the guy I would of chose A and if the dog attacked me B

Now in the report it said the dogs got away from him ok. so he's a fair amount of distance behind the dogs. this old guy has a gun pulled cuz he sees these dogs running up on him. This old guy would of had to been their a bit for the guy who got shot to come up close enough for the old guy to shoot him 3 times in the chest. Something sounds fishy about the whole thing OR perhaps the old guy is a moron who just got away with murder either way I don't think he has ANY reason to shoot the person maybe the dogs ok.. but not the person

Kfamr
05-26-2004, 07:29 AM
I find it rather idiotic to shoot the person who was with the dogs, in this case probably the only person that would be able to get the dogs under control.

I do believe the guy should have had the dogs on their leashes. I really don't like see dogs off leash unless in a fenced in area. You just never know, no matter how trained a dog is. Anything could happen. But, I guess it's a risk some people take... and in this case the risk this guy took was his life... it could have/be the dogs lives along with that. A risk i'll never be willing to take, even if it does confine my dogs to 6 or so feet of leash.

How is any kind of killing justifiable?

And how are they to say it's self defense when the old man shot the guy in the CHEST THREE times. Once or twice at his legs, feet -- maybe. But THREE times at his chest. That's trying to kill someone. Not self defense. Seems as if this old man has something going spaz inside his head... not someone who should own a gun.

What if it was a child, say maybe my age or younger, in this guys position?

K9soul
05-26-2004, 09:57 AM
There is something very wrong with that story, either a LOT of details were left out, or if that's really the whole story anyone can see it's basically someone getting away with murder. If the dogs were aggressive, how did he get away after shooting the walker? There's no mention of what happened with the dogs after he killed the walker. The whole thing makes no sense at all...

Canis Amicus
05-27-2004, 11:58 AM
I posted a thread in dog general "Horror: man threw knife after me and Rex", last Tuesday May 25.

I am still creeping.

lynnestankard
05-27-2004, 12:31 PM
"was a justifiable homicide" - what the hell does that mean?!

There are so many things in that story that just leave me cold surely a lot of details were omitted.

**Poor Man - how very sad**

Lynne