PDA

View Full Version : Whine and ye shall receive pics

Twink
05-24-2004, 04:53 PM
Ok, Sirrabed, you asked for it! Who am I to resist a whine? ;)

Well, last weekend wasn't so happy for Mr. Butterbur. He got his backside messy so we had to give him one of those horrible, wet, soapy, cat-torture treatments.
http://img43.photobucket.com/albums/v131/jrhillge/barlibath.jpg

He lived. And he and Rizzo were kind enough to pose for their mommy yesterday. Wouldn't this be the perfect portrait opportunity if I had a decent camera and talent?
http://img43.photobucket.com/albums/v131/jrhillge/stairs.jpg

Note the dirty paws. I don't have the heart to bathe the little guy again.
http://img43.photobucket.com/albums/v131/jrhillge/stairs2.jpg

AND . . . *drumroll* . . . Would you look at THIS?! I can't believe they let me take a picture. The lighting is poor, but I was in too much of a hurry to turn on any more lights! And, sure enough, 30 seconds later, Barliman moved.
http://img43.photobucket.com/albums/v131/jrhillge/touching.jpg

More to come...

Twink
05-24-2004, 05:02 PM
Of course, this is more like how they usually interact. :rolleyes:
http://img43.photobucket.com/albums/v131/jrhillge/fight10.jpg

Here's a Barli loaf and a Rizzo bath!
http://img43.photobucket.com/albums/v131/jrhillge/meatloaf.jpg

Side view of the meatloaf. It appears to be lopsided! :eek:
http://img43.photobucket.com/albums/v131/jrhillge/sideloaf.jpg

And here's a shot at Mr. Pretty's lovely eyes, to feed you Barliman craving. ;)
http://img43.photobucket.com/albums/v131/jrhillge/prettyeyes.jpg

That's all, except I have one thing to share from this weekend. And I am not making this up. I caught Barliman holding and grooming Sauxus!!! Unbelievable....

kimlovescats
05-24-2004, 05:08 PM
I am in AWE of Barliman!!! Now I definitely know WHY Sirrahbed was WHINING! Both of your babies are gorgeous, and such pretty pictures! Is that a spiral staircase in your house? Cool!

sirrahbed
05-24-2004, 05:28 PM
OMGOSH!!! Are they not the most beautiful kitties ever? I know they are about to be best buds - I KNOW it!! Barliman seems to have the sweetest disposition. Oh Barli baby - did bad Meowmie torture you with a buttbath??? So glad THAT is over!!!
What an adorable ORANGIE !!...and YES those eys could melt any heart!
Well worth the whining if I do say so!;) Oh yeah, I DID say so!:D :D
Thanks Twink!!!
I LOVE YOU BARLI!

bluekat
05-24-2004, 05:37 PM
Aww they're just GORGEOUS!:D I love the first pic:p
Thanks for sharing!

Laura's Babies
05-24-2004, 06:04 PM
I wanna kiss them both!! Those ones on the stairs are AWESOME!! You better print those out and frame those..

RedHedd
05-24-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Twink
That's all, except I have one thing to share from this weekend. And I am not making this up. I caught Barliman holding and grooming Sauxus!!! Unbelievable....
:D Now we need a picture of THAT too! They look SO cute together and Barli looks like he has the softest fur - I love his velvet Barli-loaf! I wanna reach right through the monitor and SCHMOOZLE him! :D

catcrazylady
05-24-2004, 07:35 PM
OMG!!! I'm so glad we tolerated that whiny sirrahbed! Look at those two!! I'M IN LOVE! Rizzo is adorable and Barli is incredible! I love the pictures and you have to give us more! WOW! both of your babies are amazing and that picture on the staircase is PERFECT! I had almost forgotten how gorgeous Barli's eyes are. does he just melt your heart everytime he looks at you? I know Rizzo does because he is the cutest muffin!! I would love to come and snuggle both of those furballs!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

rg_girlca
05-24-2004, 08:15 PM
Wow, I just love that spiral staircase, especially with two gorgeous kitties on them.

Barliman & Rizzo are two beauties for sure.

Uabassoon
05-24-2004, 08:40 PM
Butterbur and Rizzo are so cute! I just want to cuddle up with them!

CamCamPup33
05-24-2004, 08:57 PM
They are both so cute! They look so cuddable. lol

NoahsMommy
05-24-2004, 09:20 PM
Awwww!!! They are both sweet kitties. I love the pictures of them on the staircase...it looks professional. :)

Thanks for "whining" for us Sirrabed! ;)

jazzcat
05-24-2004, 10:46 PM
Great pictures!!

I can't believe Barli and Rizzo are getting along that great already. What in the world is that like???? Scout has been here since last July and she and Ripley still don't get along. None of mine get very close to each other on purpose unless it's to smack the other and run.

Thanks for the pictures!

krazyaboutkatz
05-25-2004, 12:07 AM
They're both gorgeous.:D I'm so glad to see that they're getting along too. I knew they would.;)

Barbara
05-25-2004, 05:32 AM
Wow- they look like brothers from the same litter:)

The shot one the staircase is brilliant.

And I wanted to ask about Sauxus: Now that's great. You know that there have always been discussions about whether primates can learn from each other- here is the proofs that cats can learn from each other:D

Twink
05-25-2004, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by Barbara

And I wanted to ask about Sauxus: Now that's great. You know that there have always been discussions about whether primates can learn from each other- here is the proofs that cats can learn from each other:D

Barbara, you have no idea! The guys scare me a little. Not only have I seen Barli with Sauxus, but all this past week, Barliman has been "burying" his food every time he's done eating. Just like Rizzo. He never did this before, mind you! And, within the first day we left them out together for any length of time, Barli taught Rizzo that he could get at the neat catnip toys by merely hopping up on the dryer. It's amazing.

I can't believe Barli and Rizzo are getting along that great already. What in the world is that like???? Scout has been here since last July and she and Ripley still don't get along. None of mine get very close to each other on purpose unless it's to smack the other and run.

You know, I have a hard time figuring out how well they're getting along. They wrestle/playfight almost constantly. They get on each other's nerves, b/c it seems like they never both want to wrestle at the same time. There's a great deal of squwaking and loose fur, so it makes me nervous. But, despite the fact that they're out to kill each other, they're obviously getting more comfortable with each other all the time! Rizzo will actually go looking for Barli if I have him in a separate room.

Twink
05-25-2004, 06:46 AM
Awwww, thanks everyone. The boys are flattered and their mommy is beaming with pride. :)

Sirrahbed, Barli definitely has a nice, calm disposition. Rizzo is the sweetheart of the two, though. He (Rizz) is one of those ‘love me, love me, I KNOW you love me so I’ll just sit on you’ kind of cats. And he has never, ever bitten or scratched us intentionally. No matter what! Barliman is a little more aloof and independent. He doesn’t have Rizzo’s tendency of acting like everything is a matter of life and death. And if he’s sick of you, he’ll let you know with his teeth! He doesn’t say much, never invades space…just sits around looking gorgeous and asking nicely for scritchies with those big eyes of his. Once in a while, I’ll be working at a counter or something, not even realizing Barli is nearby, and I’ll turn around and he’ll be laying there, belly up, making eyes at me. It’s sooooo cute.

So, CCL, yes, he can cause serious heart meltage in no time flat! :D He’s our beauty and Rizzo is our charmer. Not that Rizzo’s not incredibly handsome of course, because he IS. (she said, totally unbiased ;) )

RH, Barli’s soft-looking fur is one of the first things that struck me about him! It does look very velvety. When he first came to live with us, though, it didn’t feel all that nice. It was kind of tacky or something. After a few weeks of good food, lots of grooming and a bath, he’s become very soft and schmoozleable. :) He’s soft, and Rizzo is silky. It’s an interesting contrast!

catnapper
05-25-2004, 07:09 AM
What beautiful photos! They will most definately become inseperable. You can see in the photos how much they want to be with each other... even down to Barliman grooming the seal! *giggle*

As for the contrast of furs, I have that too... both guys LOOK just as soft as the other, but Allen's hair is "courser" - not to say its not soft. Its silky and shiny, but Pouncer's is just like petting the softed most luxurious fir ever. You just can't help touching him (which is a good thing that he likes to be petted) I want to reach out and pick up both your boys and give them lots of smooches!

Killearn Kitties
05-25-2004, 07:42 AM
What adorable pictures. I am so in love with Barliman!

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-25-2004, 08:19 AM
Amazing pics!! LOVE the staircase ones especially!! Rizzo and Barli are both SPECTACULAR!!!

catmandu
05-25-2004, 09:02 AM
If we get such Geart Photos by whining , then WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAA! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAA!

victoria
05-25-2004, 09:12 AM
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww how cute:) ;) :D :p i just thouht that smily was cute i dint want to be mean

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-25-2004, 01:53 PM
Awww...two such adorable kitties! :D