PDA

View Full Version : When being "of size" helps

RICHARD
05-24-2004, 04:17 PM
Hamster 'saved by being too fat'

A hamster reportedly cheated death when he was sucked up by a vacuum cleaner - because he was too fat to go down the tube.

According to the Daily Express Rusher, a nine-month old hamster, had escaped from his cage and was sucked up while Amanda Horniman, from Tibberton in Gloucestershire, was cleaning her son's bedroom.

But his weight meant he got jammed in the tube before getting sucked into the vacuum bag, which would have killed him.

Mrs Horniman's husband Nick, who is a vet, said: "Rusher got stuck in the pipe, but Amanda had seen him just before he went up so she stopped the machine to get him out.

"Fortunately, he blocked the tube and didn't go into the machine's motor. If he had been a thin hamster, things would have been a lot worse."

Mr Horniman removed Rusher and took him to his surgery for a check-up before returning him to his cage.

DJFyrewolf36
05-24-2004, 04:20 PM
I'm glad to know that I wont have a problem with being sucked into a vacum cleaner....

Glad the hamster was ok though! Bet he cringes in fear when he hears the vacum start up...

Miss Meow
05-24-2004, 05:23 PM
:D te he he he :D

KYS
05-24-2004, 06:35 PM
posted by DJFyrewolf36 :I'm glad to know that I wont have a problem with being sucked into a vacum cleaner....

LOL! Me neither.

Twisterdog
05-24-2004, 09:23 PM
"Of Size" .... tooo funny!

I'm not fat now, I'm simply "of size."

*snort*

lynnestankard
05-25-2004, 08:43 AM
Aaww bless the little hammy - traumatised, but alive! :D :eek:

That's such a lovely description - 'of size' - think I'll go and find some biccys (cookies) and chocolate to munch on - blow the diet - I'm officially OF SIZE!! Thanks Richard! :D :D

Lynne

Fallon
05-25-2004, 09:23 AM
Ohh poor hamster I'm glad he's alright! I agree he probably will be pretty traumatized but I'm sure he'll get over it. Silly hamsters- always sneaking out of their cages.

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-25-2004, 10:10 AM
YEESH - and you have the temerity to ask me why WEIRD stories remind me of YOU:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Glad the hamster is OK!!!

DogLover9501
05-25-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by KYS
posted by DJFyrewolf36 :I'm glad to know that I wont have a problem with being sucked into a vacum cleaner....

LOL! Me neither.

And me neither ;)

LOL That's funny, thanks for sharing Richard