PDA

View Full Version : update on tiny tabby kitten

kimlovescats
05-24-2004, 12:44 PM
So far so good! I have no way of knowing for sure that she will survive, of course, but this little babydoll is doing her best! She is one adorable little love bug!!! I have to tell ya though, she is SPOILED wrotten! :D She just squeals and squeals and SQUEALS if I'm not holding her! She is an earlobe sucker ... or in my daughter's case yesterday, a LIP sucker!!! :eek: This teeny one will latch on to anything she can, and I mean she won't let up! She will even clinch her little tiny (yet SHARP) teethies in while she is taking a purr / sucking break. You think she is asleep and safe to put her down, then oops, there she goes again!!!! SHe has a motor that doesn't quit!

I have some adorable pics and even a short video of her, but now my darn camera won't download to my computer!!! This happened a few weeks ago, and the only thing that seemed to "fix it" wouldn't work this time!!!:mad: :rolleyes: I NEED to share these pictures of this tiny girl, so you can all cheer her on! I am getting really hopeful about her, but then again I am scared to death that I'm too hopeful! This is definitely a test of faith for me!

Steffi N
05-24-2004, 12:48 PM
So good to hear the little babydoll is squealing and purring. Let's all send out positive thoughts, prayers, and love for this baby and for mommy Kim.

catcrazylady
05-24-2004, 12:51 PM
Hang in there Kim! She has you by the heartstrings and I know you have to be scared to death about losing her too. Just love her and keep praying as will we all. No matter what happens you will know that you have given her your all. There isn't anything else you can do.
Now, go get your camera fixed because there is a whining thread out there that includes you and your kiddo's!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif Yes, sirrahbed (Debbie) is whining again!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif

Cataholic
05-24-2004, 12:53 PM
Kim, good luck and prayers coming to you two!

jenluckenbach
05-24-2004, 12:56 PM
Best of luck....HANG ON LITTLE ONE !!!!!!!

sirrahbed
05-24-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
Yes, sirrahbed (Debbie) is whining again!
Yeah, well look who was pretty darn quick to join in!:p

Kim - this takes me back to OB in my RN days. Some of the nurses WORE preemies and newborns in @Snugglies that were essentially large pocketed fitting apron like things. I can also recall that our childhood budgie bird was raised in the breeder's pockets!! Could you "wear" little tabby baby around in a pocket or sling?? Just a thought. Might be similar to being lugged around by mommy, soothing, socializing and also keep the little squaker quiet for a bit??

Barbara
05-24-2004, 01:27 PM
Kim we share your feelings. Nobody can care more than you do and we all hope with you that the little one will keep to sqeal and to cry and to eat and to grow:)

kimlovescats
05-24-2004, 01:33 PM
Thank you dear friends for the continued prayers and words of support.

Deb ... that pocket thing is a good idea... will have to try and think of something! Only problem I can see, is it will HAVE to be up near my earlobe ... to suit little miss spoildy pie!! :rolleyes: :D

Randi
05-24-2004, 01:44 PM
Kim, I think Sirrahbed's suggestion is very good!! Give it a try!

I really hope that this little girl will make it - I know you're doing all you can. It's heartbreaking that you lost the others, but this girl seem to fight for her life. :) :) For each day, the chances get better. :) Hang in there!!

Don't bother about pictures now, stay with her!! We hope to see her progress later!

lizzielou742
05-24-2004, 02:02 PM
Hey, watch out about that ear sucking :) - my 7.5 pound Tito still wakes me up, without fail, every morning at 4:30 AM laying on my face and sucking my ear!!! Purring as loud as can be right into my ear. It drives me NUTS!!!!! Awful cute when you're awake though!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :p :p

catnapper
05-24-2004, 02:08 PM
I'm holding my breath and cheering her on! You CAN do it tiny girl! C'mon, you want to grow up big and strong! :)

CatMama78
05-24-2004, 02:08 PM
I'll definitely keep you and the baby in my prayers. Sending positive vibes your way.......

carole
05-24-2004, 03:11 PM
Stay with us little precious tabby girl, we are all counting on you, and looking forward to seeing you grow up, positive vibes from us to you Kim and fingers and paws crossed she continues to thrive, GOOD LUCK!!!

Laura's Babies
05-24-2004, 06:22 PM
Well, I am on the bandwagon, pulling for little infant tabby!! I sure would like to see ONE MORE picture before I have to leave Wednesday, IF possiable.. THat is sooooo sweet her sucking your ear.. If I were close by you, I would make you a sling for her so you could wear her, do you have a good head scarf? Try making a pocket/sling for her with that... That would just be SO sweet and nobody would know she was there and she could go with you everywhere.... or is that going to far?? (I don't think so!)

rg_girlca
05-24-2004, 07:55 PM
Some heavy prayers and positive thoughts coming your way Kim for you and that precious little fighter. Come on little one, we are all pulling for you. Just keep on going, one day at a time.:)

kimlovescats
05-24-2004, 08:44 PM
Actually I did take sirrahbed's advice ... like you as well have said, Laura ... and I had the PERFECT kitten pouch!!! You know those "fanny pack" purses that strap around your waist? Well, I have one and am strapping it across one shoulder like a seatbelt harness! It works wonderfully!!! I have tiny girl wrapped in a towel and stuffed down in the pouch. I have to zip it around her body so she doesn't climb out ... searching for my earlobe...:eek: and just her head peeks out the top! In fact she is fast asleep as I type right now on my chest.... it was a GREAT idea!!! I have take several pictures, but with my darned camera not wanting to download to my pc, I can't share them!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!

;)

moosmom
05-24-2004, 08:54 PM
That was a great idea!!!

I remember when MooShoo was a baby, he loved riding around in his little kitty sack. I stitched a strap to it and he'd sleep there for hours while I went about my business at home.

Of course he weighs 14 pounds now and I'd end up with a dislocated shoulder if I tried that now!!!

Lots of prayers coming baby's way Kim! She sounds like a real fighter!!

sirrahbed
05-24-2004, 09:07 PM
awwww! Kim I am Soooooo glad you thought of that fanny pack!!!! great idea! Now you can keep Miss Spoildy happy and still get things done! I had Snuggli's for the skinkids and *wore* them around the house too! ..was forever dropping food on their little heads!! But hey! ya gotta eat!!
Get stronger little tabby!!!! Happy in you kitten snuggli:D

NoahsMommy
05-24-2004, 09:10 PM
That sounds sooooo precious, Kim!!! :)

I can't wait to see pictures and that video...computers get in the way sometimes, huh?

Keep on getting stronger baby girl! :) Give her some kisses for me.

catcrazylady
05-24-2004, 09:10 PM
What a GREAT idea! She is going to be spoiled rotten!! I'm so glad!
I can't wait until we get pictures of this and we have to have one of her latched on to an earlobe!! How adorable!!!

Keep us posted and we will keep praying!

btw/How are you going to sleep Kim?

jazzcat
05-24-2004, 10:55 PM
That is a great idea for the little kitty.

More prayers on the way for that sweet baby.

krazyaboutkatz
05-24-2004, 11:01 PM
Kim, she sure sounds precious.:) The fanny pack idea sure sounds great. Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way for her continued good health. Please keep us updated.

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-25-2004, 08:23 AM
She sounds adorable in her little POUCH - maybe you should call her JOEY, as she is like a baby kangaroo!!! Keeping her in my prayers! And (((HUGS))) to you too!!

catmandu
05-25-2004, 08:53 AM
I will get a Cat Toy , to her soon , as I am surethat The Lord , will let her pull through , and it is the least that I can do! Gary

Killearn Kitties
05-25-2004, 09:23 AM
I didn't dare hope before that this little one would pull through, but her chances must surely be better now.

Keep fighting baby girl. We're all rooting for you.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-25-2004, 02:03 PM
Oh Kim, this little baby just has to make it with all the special love and attention she's getting! I sure hope you can get your camera thing figured out quickly. Your "pouch" sounds absolutely adorable! :D