PDA

View Full Version : a major problem, please help me

blackwhite
06-21-2001, 05:44 PM
Hi

Ive got 2 cats, and so far had them for a bit over than 1 year. In the last couple of months they have started peeing in my living room, mainly on the sofa and on the carpet.
Both are neutered females, on is a white persian cat almost 3 years old, and one is a semi street cat a bit older than 2 1 year.
If you had encountered a problem like this, or you know of any1 who'd had, Id be very glad.
We have tried taking them to a vet, spoiling them, changing food. Weve got some ppersonality change pills but we would prefer not to use them unless we dont have any other choice.

Thanks,
Oded

catwoman
06-22-2001, 09:21 AM
The only time I encountered a problem like this was when I had a young, hyper cat that I kept locked out of my bedroom at night. Every morning while I showered, he would sneak into the bedroom and pee on my bed to punish me.

If your vet found nothing physically wrong, I suspect your girls are punishing you for something. Have there been any changes in the household lately? New pet, new baby, new roommate? Sometimes it can be over something that seems very insignificant to us. But if you can identify it and address it, the behavior may go away like magic.

When I let my kitty back into the bedroom (pouncing sneak attacks and all) he never again peed on the bed or anywhere in the house.

AmberLee
06-22-2001, 01:24 PM
Another possibility -- is there any chance that neighboring cats are bothering them? We had an incident where a free-roaming cat would sit on our patio and 'sass' our babies through the window. (Sort of glad I caught him at it, I couldn't figure out what had been setting our boys off...)

Good luck. Hope your girls settle down soon.

AvaJoy
06-27-2001, 09:46 PM
You may want to offer two litter boxes in case this is a territorial problem. If they are using their box to deposit solids, then I guess changing to a fragrance free litter, or a different brand won't help matters, as the type of litter isn't what is bothering them. The other concern is cleanliness. I scoop every day both morning and night to ensure that my cats aren't ever repelled by a dirty box. Good luck!

------------------
Regards ~ AvaJoy
=^.".^=

Catcrazed
06-28-2001, 07:01 PM
Try offering three differnt pans one with clumping litter on with non-clumping, and one with shreded newspaper. also cover the choice soiling surfaces in two-sided tape or aluminum foil, they hate the stuff.

[ June 28, 2001: Message edited by: Catcrazed ]