PDA

View Full Version : Luna is not eating today

Kirsten
05-24-2004, 06:47 AM
I really hope she's not sick!! For a couple of days, she has lose stool again, and this morning, she wasn't eating, which is very unusual. :(

She's on antibiotics for 5 days now (because of her bladder infection), so I figure it's the pills that upset her tummy a bit? At least I hope it's just that! After all, she has become terribly affectionate lately, so I hope she's not sick! And she has had these antibiotics before, and she didn't have any problems with them!

Kirsten

catlover4ever
05-24-2004, 07:47 AM
Kirsten, I hope Luna feels better soon. Hopefully it is just her medicine that is giving her an upset stomach.

Randi
05-24-2004, 08:36 AM
Kirsten, I hope Luna will be better soon! Poor girl. :( Which are the pills she is getting? Have you asked your vet about possible sideeffects?

Could it be that she has eaten too many of Lily's birthday treats? ;)

Give kisses from me - and Lily too! :)

Laura's Babies
05-24-2004, 09:09 AM
Yes, I would call the vet and make sure there is not something else going on but it is probably the meds doing that.. Are you making sure she has something in her stomack before she has her medicine? Uck! Those antibotics are some great but nasty things..... I HATE taking them because of how racked out they make me feel. Amy had loose bowels from hers but they did not effect her apptitie any!!

slick
05-24-2004, 09:15 AM
Both my kitties get the runs when on meds of any kind and I know it's not fun at all. I also make sure they have something in their stomachs before administering them.

Hope you're back on your feet in no time Luna. Hugs Kirsten.

Kirsten
05-24-2004, 09:28 AM
I've just spoken to my vet and when this continues, she'll get a change in her medication. It could be the problems are from the meds, even though I haven't noticed side effects like this earlier in Luna. Usually she tolerated them very well. She's on Marbocyl btw, she had them before, without any problems.

And no, it cannot be that she had too many of Lily's birthday treats; Luna is not interested in those meat sticks, and she didn't eat any of the cream. In fact, she hasn't showed up much yesterday while Lily had her visitors, but I thought she was just stressed (while Lily always enjoys company, Luna prefers to have her peace).

I'm not at home today (am at my parents' restaurant today and it's the first time for three months I'm trying to work, and so far my back isn't making any problems btw), and I hope Luna will be back to normal when I'm home and has her appetite back!

Thanks for the get well-wishes everyone! :)

Kirsten

Barbara
05-24-2004, 01:40 PM
Paws crossed here. I hope Luna's hungry again when you come home.

I wish you the best too- that your back makes it. Working at a restaurant is always hard physically!

{{{Hugs}}}

Kirsten
05-24-2004, 03:44 PM
Thanks! :)

I'm at home now, and I was more than relieved to see that Luna was eating again! She ate what she had left in the morning, and she also had a hand full of Hill's Oral Care.

I don't know why this is, but I'm always so worried about my Luna girl. I love her so much and she has such a special place in my heart...

Luckily it's been a quiet day in the restaurant today, so it hasn't been much stress for me and my back. And it's a good feeling to have finally done something productive... :)

Kirsten

Lacey
05-24-2004, 04:36 PM
So glad to hear that Luna's eating again! :D

krazyaboutkatz
05-24-2004, 10:41 PM
Kirsten, I'm glad to hear that Luna is eating again. I'm also very glad to hear that your back is feeling much better too.:) Now hopefully you, Luna, and Lily will continue to remain happy and healthy.

NoahsMommy
05-25-2004, 12:58 AM
Glad she's eating more. Sometimes antibiotics give them upset tummies.

Glad your home as well. Be careful with your back...you have us worried for you.

Kirsten
05-25-2004, 01:37 PM
Thanks! :)

Yes, she's still eating, but unfortunately, Luna now has real bad problems with her bladder. Continues here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50003) .

Kirsten