PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-23-2004, 07:46 PM
Does anyone watch this show? It is the best show I've ever seen. Ty Pennington from Trading Spaces and his crew REBUILD a home for a needy family in a week. I cry everytime, this week they had a family of eight kids who's parents died within 2 weeks of eachother... it was so heartbreaking, but this show built them a brand new house and a brand new life. If you haven't watched this show, I highly suggest you do.

joanofark
05-23-2004, 07:48 PM
My mom and I watch that all the time That is one great show!:) :) :)

slleipnir
05-23-2004, 07:53 PM
I saw it tonight for the first time, but I missed the first part so I was confused about it. . .So they're all related? And they're parents died? :( They did an AMAZING job on the house though!

Moose
05-23-2004, 09:34 PM
I watch it all the time. The stories are always so sweet, but tonight's was the first time I've ever cried. The second they showed that painting with the doves, the tears just started rolling. And then, after I had finally fixed myself back up, they showed the kids the two trees they got to represent their parents and then I got started all over again. :p

It's such a wonderful show. :)

Have you ever seen the one with the family that had the older son who was stuck in a wheelchair? They made a whole room for him with all kinds of stuff to help him live his life as independently as he could. Sooo sweet. I think I might have cried a tiny bit on that one, too....:o

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-23-2004, 09:41 PM
I have seen every episode.. *TY* *drools* But yeah, I remember the wheelchair one... I cried then... :o

Moose
05-23-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl
I have seen every episode.. *TY* *drools* But yeah, I remember the wheelchair one... I cried then... :o

Hey man, it was a dang good episode! lol :D

NoahsMommy
05-23-2004, 10:41 PM
I think that's my new favorite show! :)

Its so touching and makes you remember there IS good in this world.

Logan
05-24-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
I think that's my new favorite show! :)

Its so touching and makes you remember there IS good in this world.

That is exactly how I have felt every time I have been able to watch it, Kelly. What a "feel good" show in the midst of so much garbage on television. :)

RICHARD
05-24-2004, 11:01 AM
lolololololol

The 'Morrocan' house is about a mile from where I live.....

Talk about ORANGE!!!!!

They do an open house after the show.....you can go in and see the job they did.....

Pretty impressive.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-24-2004, 03:17 PM
Did you go?

RICHARD
05-24-2004, 03:53 PM
Did you go?

No, but we did drive by....

You can't miss it! My brother did take the tour.....
He's worked in construction and was telling me about the crooked tiles on the floor:eek:

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-24-2004, 04:46 PM
Lololol... :D

RICHARD
05-24-2004, 05:10 PM
Lololol... :D

It rained the day before we drove by the house.....
They extended the front wall of the house, where the basketball court went in, you could see where the water had puddled up behind the facade and was seeping thru the stucco....A little problem because the water will rot out the ceiling wood!!

I could see where they would be some problems in doing a home that quickly.

The beginning seasons of EM/HE and Monster House were all filmed here, north of Lost Angeles!!! Constance Ramos, the dark haired girl, lives here in the valley.

You can go by and see the production trucks out on the street when they are filiming episodes...

I remember seeing a Monster House episode where they went back to visit a home.....The owners had decided to sell the house:confused:

Funny, considering the work that went into it!!