PDA

View Full Version : Officers close 'cat house'

moosmom
05-23-2004, 07:34 PM
91 cats were found in a house in Wyandotte, MI. There were no complaints about a cat problem in the house. From the outside, it looked like any normal suburban home, with fresh cut grass, beautiful Spring flowers and an immaculately groomed yard. The owner of the home was seen frequently feeding a stray cat or two.

Inside was a different story. The Dearborn Animal Shelter received an anonymous call about the home owner and "several hundred" cats inside. The kitchen floor, table, counter and appliances were full of cat feces, urine and trash.

Someone convinced the man to go to Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital for medical evaluation.

Many of the cats were euthanized because of their "wild" feral condition and poor health.

Because of the magnitute of the problem, the Michigan Humane Society was called in. They donned hazmat suits as they entered the premises. Cats were EVERYWHERE!!!

According to Debbie McDonald of the Michigan Humane Society, most of the cats had to be euthanized because they were too wild and could not be placed. :(

It all started 3 years ago when the man took in a couple of unspayed/unneutered stray cats. They began inbreeding and the rest, unfortunately, is history! :( :(

catcrazylady
05-23-2004, 10:25 PM
I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THINGS CAN GET THAT OUT OF CONTROL!! What horrible conditions for the man and for those poor cats! You would think common sense would tell you that a couple hundred cats in one house is TOO MANY!! Good Grief! This is so disgusting and so sad that all those cats had to be PTS because of such pathetic conditions.
You know, it's people like that that make people think cat people are crazy!! I'm going to take a guess that this person had no family and obviously did not have all his eggs in one basket!

NoahsMommy
05-23-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
You know, it's people like that that make people think cat people are crazy!!
Amen to that!!

I can't understand why he never thought to have the cats fixed...come on!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

moosmom
05-24-2004, 08:59 PM
Animal Planet filmed the entire thing and will air it in the future on Animal Cops.

Stay tuned!

nibblets
05-24-2004, 10:59 PM
They have already aired a story exactly like that. Is this another one? The one I've seen was just horrible. It was also Michigan ASPCA and Debbie McDonald is on the show all the time.

moosmom
05-25-2004, 10:40 AM
No, that was yet ANOTHER story of a cat hoarder in Detroit. :mad: In that story they pulled 247 cats out of the house, all had to be euthanized because they had never seen the light of day, the touch of a human hand, NOTHING and were deemed unadoptable. :(