PDA

View Full Version : Does your pet watch TV?

slleipnir
05-23-2004, 07:03 PM
Not sure where I should put this so I'll stick it here.

Does your pet watch TV? My dogs will look at the screen for a few mins if there is a dog barking, they even go up to the screen and smell it then get bored and forget about it.

Then there is Kiba, who watched a full epi of Top Dogs LOL. Well, except the commersials, she doesn't like them. She was sitting on the edge of her chair and staring at the screen for the longest time..Is that weird, or do your pets do that too? I even got some pics although they're not that good. It was hard to show her and the TV so you could see her watching it

http://www.tainted-sky.net/kibaoutside/DCP_2134.JPG
http://www.tainted-sky.net/kibaoutside/DCP_2138.JPG
http://www.tainted-sky.net/kibaoutside/DCP_2140.JPG

Lol, I thought that was the cutest thing ever. She got a lot of kisses for doing that so maybe that'll teach her :rolleyes:

joanofark
05-23-2004, 07:51 PM
My kitten does that all the time. She goes up and swats at it a couple times and gets boerd like your dogs.

Fallon
05-23-2004, 08:14 PM
Ohh how cute she watched a whole episode. Maybe she'll watch some other things with you too.. how fun.

slleipnir
05-23-2004, 08:16 PM
It's the first time she's done it so maybe she was just bored lol. She also seemed only interested in the dogs. I duno, no one elses pets do it??

Moose
05-23-2004, 09:38 PM
lol that is just adorable!!

I don't know many dogs that do it, but both Moose and Zoey watch certain things. Moose honestly watches anything. Zoey doesn't seem as interested with it, but if she sees any type of animal -- although it mainly gets a reaction if their is a dog or cat -- she'll start barking like crazy at the TV and run up to it and get as close to the screen as she can. We ended up having to put a clear plastic 'cover' over the buttons on the TV because she'll jump up on it and accidentally change the channel or change the volume, lol. :p

My aunt and uncle's dog did the same thing -- that's where we got the idea to cover the buttons. :)

manda_moo87
05-24-2004, 01:08 AM
LOL! Those pics are too cute...:D

My Squeekers loves to sit on my lap and watch TV...epspecially the Animal Planet channel. ;)

NoahsMommy
05-24-2004, 11:03 AM
Awwww! That is really cute! :)

The only one that likes TV is Micah. He does the same thing as Kiba does.

DJFyrewolf36
05-24-2004, 04:12 PM
When we watch anything with cats meowing in it, Blue *my parents doberman* will run outside thinking theres a cat outside! Twilight Mutt watches anything involving food *especially fast food comercials!* When I had my gecko somewhat near a tv, she would sit on top of her rock and stare at it and moved when the Tv got turned off.

cali
05-24-2004, 04:32 PM
shadow- "agility! if thats on Tv I will watch yup uh huh I will!"

Misty-"hockey equals me, hockey gone equals me gone"

Happy-"TV? whats TV? is this 'TV' you speak of better then then watching live critters?"

Blair-"a who and a what? you mean sit STILL and watch that box thingy? who needs it"

Perky-(in a prissy tone) "if its not live, then I dont really care"

Ripley-"ummmm a what?"

BitsyNaceyDog
05-24-2004, 04:54 PM
The only one of my cats or dogs who watch the tv is my cat Sundae. Most cats don't because their brains process things much faster than ours, so they don't see a picture, they just see lines. That may be true for dogs too, but I'm not sure.

I'm not sure how I know that.