PDA

View Full Version : gift swap?

sirrahbed
05-23-2004, 07:02 PM
I have read about several "gift swaps" in General. One was an international thing where people sort of asked for things they could not get in the area they lived in or people offered things special to their area and bartered for what they wanted to offer and receive. (a bit complicated but sounded fun) Now I am reading about a general gift swap but not sure if it is like a name swap or what BUT I think it sounds fun. Does anyone here know how it is done, maybe see who else is interested and even *volunteer* to organize it? It sounds fun to me - I like the idea of kitty specific:D
Input please!!

catcrazylady
05-23-2004, 10:01 PM
I have no idea how it works or how anyone would organize it but it sounds interesting. I would be interested in hearing more about it if anyone knows.

catnapper
05-23-2004, 10:04 PM
Me too! I think Deb should run it since she thought of it first! ;) I'm having fun falling in love with everyone's cat and would love to send them toys!

Kfamr
05-23-2004, 10:07 PM
What happens is someone (I think wolf_q is going to do it) posts a questionnaire. The questionnaire consists of stuff like your home address, first and last name, how many/what type of pets you have and so on..

Everyone who wants to participate fills out the questionnaire and sends it to the person who is going to organize it.

That person sends someone else's questionnaire to another person.

You then buy gifts for that person and their pets.

wolf_Q
05-23-2004, 10:27 PM
Since the interest in a new gift swap has happened we can start another...I think Kay and I are going to organize it. We can start collecting names and questionaires now, but I won't make the deadline until maybe the middle of July.

You are welcome to request that the person you send to has just cats. If you'd like to do your own "cat only" swap, then go ahead, but it works just as well to do it with the rest of us. ;)

NoahsMommy
05-23-2004, 10:52 PM
How fun! I'd like to participate in a "cats only" one too!! Fun!!

I can help if someone else wants to help me organize it. :)

Kfamr
05-23-2004, 10:59 PM
I don't think it'd be right to do a "cats only" one. Someone may want to participate in the both of them, but can only afford one.. then they'd have to chose between the both of them, thus making one swap have less people than the other.

We are all ONE community, why not do one swap.. and then like Amy said specify which type of animals you'd like to buy for.

I don't think we should seperate everyone like that.

NoahsMommy
05-23-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I don't think it'd be right to do a "cats only" one. Someone may want to participate in the both of them, but can only afford one.. then they'd have to chose between the both of them, thus making one swap have less people than the other.
You're right, I didn't think about that. Sorry. :)

If you need any help, let me know. :D

sirrahbed
05-24-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I don't think it'd be right to do a "cats only" one.
I don't think we should seperate everyone like that.

Yes, I can see what you mean. Sorry. I have filled out my questionaire and put KITTIES - not to be separate but that is what I know and the people I know OK? That way I will support the whole swap for PT but still buy for and swap with kitty people - sound good?:)

catmandu
05-24-2004, 10:49 AM
The Found Cats are ready , willing and able , to send out the Amazing Animal Welfare Catnip Mice , at a momemts notice , just let us know where , to register!!!

sirrahbed
05-24-2004, 12:04 PM
I went with the PT General swap but put .PREFER KITTIES ONLY at comments at the end. I do not know anything about other pets and want to participtae, but would really rather buy for the kitties I have come to know:D PT GIFT SWAP (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49884)