PDA

View Full Version : All settled, well almost

CatMama78
05-23-2004, 12:56 PM
Hi everyone.

Well, good news!! The move was very succussful and we are almost settled now - stil unpacking but almost done.

The babies were not too happy to be boarded and I was not happy to do it. Even though the move went very smoothly, I'm glad I put them up at the pet hotel for the day of the move. They would have been twice as stressed if they had been around when all the ruckus was going on....so would I :)

AND, I'm proud to say they have adjusted fairly well. Surprisingly, it was Oreo, not Wilber who had a strange reaction the first night. He was panting for about 5 seconds every 30 minutes or so. Not sure what that means in a cat, although I seem to have it in my mind that it's a smell thing, but the behavior had ceased the next morning.

And while both are being very sensitive and tend to hide when there is any change in sounds, they seem to be adjusted for the most part. More than anything I think they are just curious about the place, and a little hesitant to get tooooo comfy in their new surroundings yet.

I'm very proud of my brave guys!!!! I've only taken a couple of pictures cause I wanted them to adjust before meowmie runs around flashing a camera in their face :) Plus I'm not sure where the tape thingie is that loads the pictures into the computer.

Thanks for your support guys.

Now to catch up on all the pictures, posts and stories I've missed!!

rg_girlca
05-23-2004, 01:00 PM
I'm glad to hear the move went smoothly and your babies held up pretty well.
In a few days they will be back to themselves.
Hope you find your tape thingie soon so we can see some pictures of your babies in their new home.:D

Steffi N
05-23-2004, 01:02 PM
Welcome Oreo, Wilber, and CatMama78 to your new home.

I am glad you are all settling in well. :)

catcrazylady
05-23-2004, 02:02 PM
It sounds like things went just about as smooth as you could have expected. I'm so glad because I know you were worried. I bet you will soon have some wonderful pictures of the babies feeling right at home! I'm sure they are just so glad to be back with you!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif