PDA

View Full Version : and the neighbors kittens

Laura's Babies
05-23-2004, 10:20 AM
I have a list of orginazations to give my neighbor before I leave and I will BEG her NOT to take those darling babies off and drop them somewhere or just toss them outside to make it on their own. I went over yesterday and took pictures of them so I will have them since I don't expect them to be there when I get back in June..

I have preached and preached to this woman about taking proper care of her cat, that she NEEDS to get her fixed as soon as the kittens are on their own.....she said she has an appointment in JULY to get her spayed... I asked her if she was crazy, that Mama cat can come in heat when they are 6 weeks old!! I am thinking about asking her if she will just give me the Mama cat and keep one of the MALE kittens..I don't have a clue what I would do with another cat and mine do not like her being around, but she is on my door step all day long crying to get in, wanting desperately to be MY cat!! She is just the sweetiest, most affectionate cat I have ever seen, just BEGS to be held and petted and they just toss her out of the house! ARRRGGggg! I could go on forever about this woman!! Let me just post the pictures!!!

The 3 blackies look completely black to the eye but in all their pictures, tabby stripes show up clear as day!! This first picture is just so darn CUTE!! Those little eyes looking at you melt the heart. That is the small tabby and "he" is a male..
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid118/pa7cedb4d915d019d7e6d2d516e7fb691/f892a403.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid118/ped97104ec23217944ea6824a1d3352ab/f892a3fd.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid118/p8a19cfc1e4ceab721f0a4e8ef99cca50/f892a3f9.jpg
This is the butterball tabby, biggest in the litter...SHE is female and she wins all fightes over where she wants to suck on Mommie cat!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid118/pc2553bd5e0207ce521d62bd4af6d58f3/f892a3ed.jpg

sirrahbed
05-23-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
This is the butterball tabby, biggest in the litter...SHE is female and she wins all fightes over where she wants to suck on Mommie cat!

Alpha kitten??? Alpha baby? Alpha princess?:confused:

catmandu
05-23-2004, 10:55 AM
That is the frustrating thing , expalining elementary cat Care , to some people . The Fact is that a lot of Cats , when I was young , were not that well cared for , and allowed to roam , at will! Only now are Cats , and dogs being tken care of properly , but to some People, they are just pets m, and if they die , or are sick , then they just get another Pet!

jazzcat
05-23-2004, 11:15 AM
Such adorable babies but what a frustrating situation. I'm so glad you are trying to help this woman but don't you want to whack her with a stick sometimes. Best of luck!

rg_girlca
05-23-2004, 11:28 AM
Arrrg what a stupid, ignorant woman your neighbour is. I would be arrested for doing what I want to do to her.:mad:
I bet you feel like you are talking to a brick wall when you talk with her. Obviously it seems like it goes in one ear and out the other, as there is nothing in between.

The mother cat is so pretty and her babies are A D O R A B L E.

catcrazylady
05-23-2004, 02:27 PM
Laura I know you have gotten so attached to these babies and you have worried so much about them. I hope and pray that she does right by these precious babies.
I'll keep praying that they all get good and loving homes. It would be wonderful if she would let you have the mamma kitty. I know your kitties don't like her around but maybe over time they would adjust. It's sad to have to turn a cat away that wants to be with you so bad. Hang in there and maybe something you have said or done will sink in with this stupid lady! At least you know you have tried. God Bless you for that!

moosmom
05-24-2004, 07:55 AM
Laura's Babies,

The kittens are beautiful! Does this Yutz have any idea how difficult it is to place black cats?

I have a suggestion. I know you mentioned asking her to take mama cat and leaving her with a male kitten (still not a good idea), even though you say you don't know how you'll do with adding yet another cat to your household. Is there anyway you can take the mama cat and have her spayed??? There are programs out there that are low cost. I know it's kind of asking alot, actually footing the bill for the spay, but it might be the solution to an already growing problem. Also, offer to help her place the kittens.

I know that's what I would do if I were in your shoes. Think about it. It might save alot of time and aggravation. Especially since this woman seems to not be the brightest crayon in the box.

Please let us know how you make out.

QueenScoopalot
05-24-2004, 08:18 AM
ARGHHHH! I've been in this situation plenty of times. Instead of talking till I'm blue in the face, (been there, done that) it's easier to confiscate the bunch. There's no reason the cat can't be spayed now. Some vets will spay nursing females, though I'd call around. Are there any programs at shelters near you that will take the kittens and spay mom for free in exchange? Not sure about Lousiana area shelters, but there's a few shelters here in Mass. that run that way. Sometimes the only way to assure the cat is spayed is to spring for the bill, and do the transporting. *sigh* never any end is there??:mad: :( :mad:

Laura's Babies
05-24-2004, 08:42 AM
I offered one time to take her and pay to have her spayed and she took the cat and moved away, then she came back and the cat was pregnant. I am going to make some calls today and see if I can get some help getting her spayed...Right now I can not afford to have it done without some help or I WOULD have already had it done.

kimlovescats
05-24-2004, 11:01 AM
What absolutely gorgeous babies! Thank you so much for doing your best to educate this "neighbor" of yours!!! ((HUGS)) to you and those precious little ones!