PDA

View Full Version : I seem to fighting a losing battle here....

kimlovescats
05-23-2004, 09:19 AM
the 3rd baby passed away at 4:22 a.m. this morning. I had fed them just a couple of hours earlier, but he didn't want much. I was awoken by the sound of him letting out one cry every few seconds .... gasping his last few breaths. It was the precious meezer mix .... I am not very hopeful at this time for the last one. Since the mother cat was found dead in the barn where her kittens were, with no apparent injury ... I am fearing she was ill with something that is also claiming her kittens! :( :( :( :(

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-23-2004, 09:40 AM
I think you are right - whatever killed Momma cat is also taking her little ones. How heartbreaking for you! I wish I could say somthing to make you feel better, but I know that you are heartbroken right now.

But, by making this sacrifice (of your emotions and love) you have made sure that they passed on to the Rainbow Bridge feeling warm and secure, and LOVED. So they will now be re-united with their Mommy and their littermates, and will be playing at the bridge at watching over you and your brood. They must have been very special kittens, to be called to the bridge so early, and you are such a special person to care for them during their short time here.

(((HUGS)))

Julie

Cataholic
05-23-2004, 09:50 AM
Kim, my heart is breaking for you and the baby kittens. Julie is right, though it might not be much solace now, you are helping them to RB with love in their lives. Sometimes, Kim, that is all we can do. I am so very sorry for this sadness.
Johanna

Laura's Babies
05-23-2004, 10:24 AM
They have departed this world, Knowing they were loved. That is all we can do, love them while we have them, no matter how brief the time. Their passing with be mourned by all of us and not gone un noticed.

Barbara
05-23-2004, 10:35 AM
Kim, how sad is this! It must be so frustrating -but we cannot win all our battles. I don't know what to say. Hoping for a miracle regarding the last baby.

trayi52
05-23-2004, 10:38 AM
Sorry Kim, at least you are still fighting and doing everything that can be done.

Willie

rg_girlca
05-23-2004, 10:44 AM
Oh Kim, my heart is aching for you. How sad. I'm so sorry.
Like others have said, at least in their short time with you, they felt loved and cared for and will go on to RB knowing this.
Bless you dear Lady for trying your best in helping these little ones.

catmandu
05-23-2004, 10:49 AM
Kim , I know how heart breaking this is , but there is nothing that you can do , sometimes agianst the bad start that those Kittens had , and we are PRAYING , that the otheres will survive this ordeal. Our Prayers , go to you , and we thank you , that these Kittends , at least got to know your love , even for a Few Days!

emily_the_spoiled
05-23-2004, 10:52 AM
Kim, I am so sorry this is happening. My heart is breaking for you sorrow You are providing them with love and caring as they pass onto the RB. Thank you

jazzcat
05-23-2004, 11:22 AM
More {{{HUGS}}}

I am so sorry.

Kirsten
05-23-2004, 11:32 AM
Oh Kim, how sad, I'm so sorry! :(

I know you were hoping the two remaining kittens would make it... :(

The others are right, they have experienced some love and comfort in this world before they left for the Bridge, to be reunited with their litter mates and mommy cat.

BTW, are they seperated from your resident kitties? Just in case they have something contagious...

Kirsten

catnapper
05-23-2004, 11:53 AM
Oh Kim! This has to be the most heartbreaking thing ever! I am so sorry that they are all passing away on you. I hope and pray that the last little guy makes it. Is he still strong and playing?

Randi
05-23-2004, 12:21 PM
It's too sad. :( At least they knew warmth and love in their short life. I hope the last one makes it! Is that the tabby?

Hugs!!

Steffi N
05-23-2004, 12:36 PM
Kim, I am sad to read this. I know you did everything you could for the babies. Don't give up hope for the little tabby.
Rest in peace, little meezer baby. You were loved.

catcrazylady
05-23-2004, 02:19 PM
Kim I'm so sorry! What a shame and how sad.http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/frown.gif I'm just so glad that they all knew love, caring , and kindness from you before they passed over. I'm still praying for the last baby and for you.

sasvermont
05-23-2004, 02:42 PM
Kim, you have done your best with them. It was just not meant for them to live long. They received the best care and love until they had to leave. Bless their furry little hearts. Maybe Graemer is watching over them now....he and Gabe are probably taking care of them right now. I always picture the older cats and dogs as the caretakers of the wee ones as they pass over the bridge!

You did your best. Bless you Kim.

SAS (with tears.......and I am sure there have been many shed over RB pets)

Miss Meow
05-23-2004, 05:09 PM
Kim, I'm so sorry.

It's heartbreaking to hear the little ones aren't making it. I know their mother will be waiting for them at the Bridge, and giving them the life they can't have down here :(

manda_moo87
05-23-2004, 05:20 PM
...:( Oh how sad...the poor little thing. At least it is now at RB and now longer in pain. I'll pray for you and the remaining little kitten...maybe there will be a mircle and it will survive? We can all hope...

moosmom
05-23-2004, 07:20 PM
Kim, you have done your best with them. It was just not meant for them to live long. They received the best care and love until they had to leave.

Sasvermont said it best. I wish I had some words of comfort. My heart breaks for you AND the babies. Maybe the last baby will surprize us all and get stronger.

You and the lone survivor will be in my thoughts and prayers. :(

((((hugs))))) to you!!

kimlovescats
05-23-2004, 10:03 PM
Kirsten... yes, of course the kittens have been in isolation.

EVERYONE ... thank you SO MUCH for your loving words, I can't tell you how much they help me through this right now. So far the little tabby girl (I think) is still holding in there. It's almost frustrating, because I am afraid to be hopeful for her. I am seriously "falling" for this little baby ... she is such a cuddle baby. I guess we just have to take one day at a time, and hope for no signs of lessened activity. I have taken some adorable pictures of this baby nursing on my daughter's (Amanda) ear and even her lips!!! But for some reason, my camera will not download to my computer now? I hope this isn't an omen. OK..... where is your FAITH Kim!!!! :(

Fox-Gal
05-23-2004, 11:33 PM
Oh, I'm so so sorry. I know how hard it is for you. I went through that a few years ago with 8 puppies. I lost them all, it killed me. I worked so hard for weeks, but they where born ill form their mother and there was nothing in the world that can save them. But you have to hold on to hope in till the last little baby makes it or not. A lot of praying, A lot of work and a lot of tears, but hold on to the faith that the last little kitty will be fine.

Your doing a great thing for them and thats more then most would ever think about doing. I'll pray for the little guy and you, that everything will work out.

NoahsMommy
05-23-2004, 11:36 PM
Oh Kim.... :( I'm sorry about the babies. :( You're doing everything possible for them, don't feel too hard on yourself, OK??

I'll be praying hard for this little one.

QueenScoopalot
05-24-2004, 08:32 AM
Nothing is more heartbreaking than losing such tiny precious babies. I've been through it several times and it's so discouraging. We're all praying the little tabby fights off the bug that took her mama and littermates. :( Miracles do happen so keep the faith.

catlover4ever
05-24-2004, 08:39 AM
Kim my heart is breaking for you right now and I really could not say anything that the rest of the wonderful PT'ers have said already. You are always in my prayers and my thoughts. --- Meg