PDA

View Full Version : d-in-law in hospital again

lbaker
05-23-2004, 07:15 AM
I'll try to say this quickly because I have trouble thinking right now. Jenny has been diagnosed with cancer and last Thurs. underwent 9 hr surgery to remove her right lymph node gland thing and half of her tongue. She had part of her inside thigh and some of her forearm skin removed to re-construct her tongue. The surgeon is optomistic that they "got" all the cancer and chemo & radiation treatments might be minimal. She is in so much pain and distress she was put into restraints on Friday and yesterday when son Ken & I went to see her they had her under such heavy meds she couldn't tell we were there. They had to med her so heavily because she was getting out of control and trying to pull her wires and plugs out. Expected to be in hospital for week to 10 days and who knows what after that. The boys (my step-grandkids) are basically in denial but Ken & I are trying to keep things even. Kind thoughts welcome right now and don't know if I can post too much for awhile. I hurt with her :( :( Thank you.
Laurie

PayItForward
05-23-2004, 07:22 AM
I don't know what to say :(

Thinking of Jenny & You and the rest of your family.

Randi
05-23-2004, 07:38 AM
Laurie, I'm so sorry to hear your d-in-law is in such pain. :( I hope they have got it all out and she will recover! It will be a tough period for all, but keep your hopes up! :)

I'll be sending positive thoughts to Jenny, you and her family.

Hugs from us.

catnapper
05-23-2004, 08:57 AM
Goodness, what a hard time for everyone. You and your family are certainly in my prayers. Please keep us updated as you can find the time. {{{hugs}}}

anna_66
05-23-2004, 09:11 AM
Laurie, I'm so sorry to hear about your d-in-law:( I can't even imagine how much pain she is in.

Please know that I will be keeping you, Jenny and your family in my thoughts and prayers today.

Barbara
05-23-2004, 10:40 AM
How sad! I send my best thoughts for you and your family and especially for Jenny. I hope that the surgery is successful and that she has a chance.

Thinking of all of you.... what a very hard time you are going through.

{{{{Hugs}}}}

zippy-kat
05-23-2004, 11:33 AM
Holding you guys in my thoughts and prayers!

~Zip

rg_girlca
05-23-2004, 11:40 AM
Oh Laurie, i'm so sorry to hear this.
You and your family and especially Jenny will be in my prayers.

Keep the faith.

Albea
05-23-2004, 12:19 PM
I'm so sorry Jenny has to go through something so painful and scary.
Get well wishes and prayers for her, you and your family.

Karen
05-23-2004, 12:33 PM
When Jenny is conscious, tell her we are sending her lots of hugs, okay? We met Jenny at the first "Pet Talk, PA" meeting last spring. Prayers on the way for you all.

lizbud
05-23-2004, 01:16 PM
Laurie,

I am so very sorry to hear all that you daughter in law has
been going through.:( You & your family will stay in my prayers.
Liz.

Miss Meow
05-23-2004, 04:33 PM
Laurie, I'm so sorry to hear about Jenny. What an awful ordeal to have to go through.

Sending lots of positive thoughts that all the cancer is gone and she can return back to family life soon.

{{{hugs}}}

jenluckenbach
05-23-2004, 05:17 PM
Jenny will be in my prayers as will you and your whole family :(

RobiLee
05-23-2004, 09:26 PM
Laurie, all my thoughts and prayers are with Jenny tonite. Oh how I wish I had some magic words for you and your family to help ease the pain and worry. I know this is such a scary time for you all right now. Be strong and hold tight and try to always think positive. Don't forget that you also have to take care of yourself at a time like this. Try to find a minute or two just for yourself so that you can just close your eyes and relax and take some deep breaths and gather your thoughts. We are here for you whenever you need to talk.

Lots of prayers and hugs coming your way....Robin

trayi52
05-23-2004, 09:30 PM
Laurie, I'm so sorry to hear that Jenny is in so much pain right now.

I will keep Jenny, your family and you in my prayers. I hope and pray Jenny will feel better soon, and that her future will be so very bright.

Willie

carole
05-23-2004, 09:34 PM
How distressing this must be for your Laurie, I am so sad to hear your daughter in law Jenny has had such a tough time, and is suffering, All I can do is send you my love and to tell you we are thinking of you, Jenny and your family at this time.

I hope that she will recover soon and not be in pain anymore, get well soon wishes Jenny from us all in NZ.

And Laurie HUGE HUGS of comfort to you.

slick
05-23-2004, 10:46 PM
Laurie: I'm struggling to come up with the words that can bring you and your family some comfort but they escape me right now.

I can't imagine what a scary time it must be for all of you. Please know that you are all in my thoughts and I'll say an extra prayer tonight that her pain is relieved.

Hugs on the way.

gini
05-23-2004, 10:54 PM
Dearest Laurie, I tried to call you back today and I did leave a message that I called.

It must be so painful for you and your son to watch all that Jenny is going through right now. Please God..........that the doctor's got all of the cancer and she will heal and have a long full life.

Laurie, I hope that you will take good care of YOU. You seem to be the rock that everyone is leaning on...............

Please know that all of us at Pet Talk will try our darndest to be the ROCK that you can come to and relieve some of your burden.

I send you and Jenny and your son much love and as many prayers as I can muster for all of you.

XXOO Gini

AmberLee
05-23-2004, 11:13 PM
Holding you, Jennie, and all your family in our thoughts and prayers now.

Hang in there, and don't forget to take care of you, too, okay?

NoahsMommy
05-23-2004, 11:30 PM
How horrible!! :(

Please know your family will be in my prayers.

Take care Laurie

popcornbird
05-24-2004, 12:08 AM
:( How terrible. :( I just don't know what to say.

Please know that your daughter-in-law, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

{{{hugs}}}

Corinna
05-24-2004, 12:11 AM
Having had to deal with this horriable situation my self , I and my husband send you all the prayers and energy we can from us.
Just remember one day at a time and slow steps, never rush and rejoice at each step forward.

Logan
05-24-2004, 07:21 AM
Laurie, I am so sorry. :( Please know that Jenny and your whole family are in our prayers.

Logan

lynnestankard
05-24-2004, 08:22 AM
Laurie so sorry to hear of Jenny's suffering - I'm holding her, you and the whole family in my thoughts and prayers (((Hugs))) across the miles. I just hope she's soon off all the meds., and feeling much better.
What a worrying time for you. Chin up xxx

Lynne

Denyce
05-24-2004, 12:27 PM
I am sending all the positive energy I can muster your way. I am so sorry your family is going through this. It must be extremely distressing and stressful. Cancer is so cruel. Good luck to your dil and keep having faith.

Denyce

RICHARD
05-24-2004, 12:41 PM
Prayers for all your family heading in your direction.

ramanth
05-24-2004, 01:43 PM
Prayers and healing vibes sent out for you and Jenny, Laurie.

I'm so sorry to hear your d-in-law is sick. :(

kimlovescats
05-24-2004, 02:34 PM
Prayers for Jenny and the whole family.

GOD BLESS.

Kim

Sudilar
05-25-2004, 08:03 AM
Prayers on their way for Jenny and her whole family. I do believe in miracles. They happen. I am praying for one for Jenny. Hugs.

Pam
05-25-2004, 08:09 AM
Laurie I am so sorry to read this. I met Jenny at Pet Talk PA last year and so I feel sort of like I "know" her maybe just a little. Prayers for Jenny and the entire family are on their way. (((hugs)))

4 Dog Mother
05-25-2004, 08:39 AM
Thoughts and prayers are on the way!

KYS
05-25-2004, 08:42 AM
I am so sorry to her about Jenny.
Cancer is such a scary horrible disease.
I hope they removed all of it and she will
have many healthy years ahead of her.
Sending lots of hugs and prayers
your way.

Hugs Karen

krazyaboutkatz
05-25-2004, 11:10 AM
Laurie, I'm so sorry to hear about Jenny.:( Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care. {{{HUGS}}}

momoffuzzyfaces
05-25-2004, 11:14 AM
Prayers are on the way for you, Jenny and the entire family.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-25-2004, 03:43 PM
Hugs to you and your family. Postive thoughts and prayers are definitely on their way. :(

ChrisH
05-26-2004, 03:25 PM
Oh, Laurie, I am so sorry. Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way for Jenny, you and the whole family.

Hugs
Chris

tatsxxx11
05-26-2004, 03:31 PM
My thoughts are with you, Jenny and her family:( Hopefully the surgery has gotten it all and your dear daughter and family will be together for a long, long time. All my love to you friend. You all are in my prayers every day. {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

Cinder & Smoke
05-27-2004, 12:47 PM
*ring* *ring* ... *ring* ...

Oh... HI GranMom - Kan we talk ta GOD rite away?
It's about Miz Jenny - Laurie's D-In-Law...
WHUT? He's outta da Office!?
Ooooh... God's ober atta hoppsbittle rite NOW wiff Miz Jenny?

Sure - *patch* us thru... ( we dint know God had a cell-dinger!)

HI, God!

How'z Jenny doin?
Lil better? Dat's Gud!

Did You tell her Allua Pet Talk FurKids an Hoomins are sendin
a BUNCHa Prayers an Get Well Wishez?

Yes SIR! -
We gotz our two Kandilz burnin inna frunt windows 24/7!
GREAT! Glad to hear she can *see da Glow*!

You been Helpin her White Coats?
We figgered You wuz - (hope You dont mynd da *remindur*)

Ken, da Three Boyz, an Laurie kuld sure use summa Your Comfort, God.
Maybe reach down an Wrap Your God'sPawz round em all?
THANKS, God - 'preciate dat!

Enniething else we can do?
Keep sendin Prayers?
Wiffout a doubt, we'll be doin dat, God!

Affore You leave - kan You *wispur* in her ear -
Tell her we're All Prayin an krossin Pawz & Klawz!

THANKs, God!
Gib her a lil {{{HUGG}}} frum us, too!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

Please Get Well, Jenny!! ;)

lbaker
05-27-2004, 06:04 PM
Phred * sniff * what is it with your private phone line? Just as I was reading your message, son Ken was at the hospital. WhiteCoats are making her/helping her get out of bed and sit up 3 times a day starting now. THEY ARE MOVING HER ONE STEP UP FROM ICU TONIGHT :eek: Not out of the woods yet but they DO think they "got it all" and she actually smiled several times during Ken's visit. No word yet on how long she will be at Lombardi Cancer Ctr, which by the way is one of the best in the country... or what and how intense after therapy stuff will be but THIS IS GOOD PROGRESS. Tell your friend, Zipster.. (her message to me today was a good sign :D ) You guys, YOU ARE THE GREATEST I know it's not just Phred's private line but a combined effort and THAT I will never be able to thank you all enough. I'll keep you posted :)

lbaker
06-02-2004, 07:59 AM
She had the traik removed Sunday and they sent her home Monday, Memorial Day. Yesterday the home care nurse came over to make sure she/we knew how to tend to the hole that's still in her throat from the traik and the tubing into her stomach for intake of nutrition and various meds. Poor Travis (oldest son) started turning a bit green around the gills at first but hung in like a trooper. She wont be able to take anything orally for 3 to 6 weeks. Karen, Jenny is sending a letter off today to thank you, Paul and Miss Hoppy for the lovely flowers she received in the hospital. There is still a long road ahead of us but at least we can see where we're going. Bless each and every one of you and thank you from the whole gang.
Laurie

Canis Amicus
06-02-2004, 09:23 AM
Positive toughts for the best recovery on the way.
I am praying for you and your family.

ramanth
06-02-2004, 09:33 AM
So happy to hear that Jenny is home and resting. I'll continue to pray for a swift recovery and that all the cancer was removed.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-02-2004, 09:43 AM
I'm so glad to hear things are going so well. Hang in there. :)

{{{hugs}}} and positive thoughts and prayers still going out to you, Jenny and the entire family. :)

ChrisH
06-02-2004, 10:33 AM
I am so happy to hear Jenny is home. I will be keeping the positive thoughts and prayers going for her and you all.

Hugs
Chris

gini
06-02-2004, 11:25 AM
Laurie, there is no place like home...................

I hope that Jenny will continue to heal. This must be difficult for all of you and especially the grandsons to see their Mom in this condition. Hopefully as she improves all of you can rejoice together.

Hugs to you.................

trayi52
06-02-2004, 11:26 AM
Laurie, I am so happy to hear that your daughter-in-law is out of the hospital, and on the road to recovery. I am sure everything will be okay now, especially with all the pt prayer coming your way.

I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers and thoughts, and pray that your DIL will recover quickly. It is always so hard on the whole family, when there is a family member sick, I know that for a fact, and I am praying that everything will return to normal very quickly.

Send prayers and love to you and your sweet family.

Willie

Karen
06-02-2004, 12:09 PM
Soooo glad Jenny is home! It's so much better a place to recover, when they don't wake you up every few hours just to check if you're okay and sleeping - that logic never made sense to me!

Welcome home, Jenny! A stomach tube is not particularly fun, but just tell everyone it's a really really fancy elaborate belly-button piercing and they'll all be jealous! And at least at home you'll have furry company while you "eat," to help bide the time.

Continued prayers for your recovery ... and for the whole family. Laurie, tell said oldest grandson that I feel his queasiness, and he can join me on the list of people who will never voluntarily ingest that "Ensure" or whatever it is goop for the rest of my life.

RobiLee
06-02-2004, 03:17 PM
I'm so glad Jenny is home. Still sending out lot of positive thoughts and prayers for you, Jenny and for the whole family. Be strong and Be well.

Robin

krazyaboutkatz
06-02-2004, 11:59 PM
Laurie, I'm so glad to hear that Jenny is home.:) Prayers and positive thoughts are still being sent your way for Jenny and the entire family. Please take care. {{{HUGS}}}

lynnestankard
06-03-2004, 04:59 AM
Laurie what great news!!

Welcome home Jenny - now you can recover - it's the best place to be. Surrounded by loved and furry ones is the best prescription ever!
You're in my thoughts and prayers continually - {{{Hugs}}} across the many miles.

Lynne

Pam
06-03-2004, 06:20 AM
Laurie prayers are still going up. I was so happy to read that Jennie smiled several times. I think a positive mental outlook and lots of love is half the battle in dealing with anything that life throws at us. I sounds like Jennie has both! ((((Hugs to you, Jennie and the entire family))))

slick
06-03-2004, 09:39 AM
So glad to hear that Jenny is home and recovering. Sounds like the road to recovery might be a long one and it will be made easier with the help of skin and fur family.

I won't stop those prayers coming just yet. :)

Vio&Juni
06-03-2004, 10:10 AM
Laurie, so sorry I missed this thread about your dil.
I had tears in my eyes reading this. I hope she will get better and better. Doctors make miracles nowadays.

In Moldova this week is the week of breast cancer awareness.

*btw, that friend of mine that was diagnosed with cancer in the winter had all the surgeries and at some point the doctors realized it was something else, not cancer. She is ok now and back to work after half a year of surgeries and hospitals.