PDA

View Full Version : Worried Sick!

Amber
05-22-2004, 09:30 PM
My parents went to this concert with two of there friends. My mom said they would be home around 9ish, and it's already 10:30. Im worried, I hate it when they go out, and I hate being home alone..ecspecially at night. I keep getting freaked out at every single noise I here. I hate being home alone in a empty house. I tried calling them but all I got to do was leave voice message.

-sigh-

MariaM
05-22-2004, 09:32 PM
I sure hope they're ok! That has happened in this family MANY times. If it gets too late usually I just twiddle on off to bed and try to forget it. I always know my sister will be up waiting. (Unless she's not there)

popcornbird
05-22-2004, 09:34 PM
Oh poor Amber! :( I know how you feel. My parents have done that to me before. They go out, say they'll be back at a certain time, and when its 2 hours past the time they said they'd return, I get so worried. I remember the days before cell phones, when I couldn't even call them! I would get so upset. Now I just call their cell phones to see where they're at. Of course there are times when my dad has his phone on silent mode and doesn't pick it up, or when he forgets the phone at home. I hate when he does that. That makes me worry even more.

I'm sure they're just fine. Is the weather bad in your area right now? Maybe they had to take a longer route because of that? Perhaps they are caught in traffic, or something. Let us know when they get home!

carole
05-22-2004, 09:42 PM
I think your parents should get a good telling off when they get home, for being past curfew, and not even having the courtesy to ring and let you know why they are held up, but on the serious side of things, I sure hope they are ok, please let us know ok, and your'e ok too.

PS Have you ever told them how you feel about being left alone, you are around 14 is that right? even though its the legal age to leave children, I would not be very keen to do that, especially at night, maybe you could arrange to go to a friends house, rather than be by yourself,as you really don't like it!!..:)

Amber
05-22-2004, 09:44 PM
wow, no cell phones? I'd go crazy without them

The weather is fine here. But I did just got a call and they will be home soon. **good!** :D

Man, Im such a little wuss..lol I get scared over the most tiny noise ever from beinig home-alone. :p

MariaM
05-22-2004, 09:45 PM
Ahh thats ok. Glad they're safe!! My sister, Sarah, is REALLY bad for those sorts of things. If she hears something at night (like a car going by) she'll turn the lights off and go look out the window:rolleyes: She ALWAYS looks out the window and sometimes uses binoculars, in fact, we got her binoculars for an Xmas gift lol.

popcornbird
05-22-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Amber
wow, no cell phones? I'd go crazy without them

The weather is fine here. But I did just got a call and they will be home soon. **good!** :D

Man, Im such a little wuss..lol I get scared over the most tiny noise ever from beinig home-alone. :p

Yay! I'm so glad to hear they're ok. Don't worry........I'm exactly the same way. ;)

And the *no-cell-phone-era* was ages ago..........but I still remember it. I was quite young then, and a greater worrywart than I am now. :o

slick
05-22-2004, 09:47 PM
Don't worry Amber, you're not alone. There are lots of adults who hate to be alone in a house. I'm so glad that they called. Try to relax now and it wouldn't hurt just to explain to them how worried you were.

Amber
05-22-2004, 09:52 PM
im so glad im not the only one who freaks out when home alone..hehehe

MariaM
05-22-2004, 09:57 PM
Lol. No. You're definately NOT the only one...though I am not as bad as Sarah;)

Kfamr
05-22-2004, 10:03 PM
LOL.. I'm relieved when my parents are gone! :p

Although, I HATE if they leave while i'm asleep/at school and don't leave a note as to where they are. I absolutely hate it. Especially if i don't know where they are, what if something happens to me or the dogs?

Sometimes I feel like the parent. :rolleyes:

carole
05-22-2004, 10:06 PM
Yes Amber you are not alone, I HATE being by myself at night also, luckily I don't have to be, but I did spend years where I was, and I never slept well, always heard noises in the night and would freeze, I won't even go outside in the dark to get anything, I am too scared......honestly.

Amber
05-22-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Sometimes I feel like the parent. :rolleyes:

Ditto that!

I've always felt like the parent since i was 10, and I even act like one too. I also hate it if they don't leave a note...even though it's to the store, I gotta know where they are!

Amber
05-22-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by carole
Yes Amber you are not alone, I HATE being by myself at night also, luckily I don't have to be, but I did spend years where I was, and I never slept well, always heard noises in the night and would freeze, I won't even go outside in the dark to get anything, I am too scared......honestly.

exactly how I am. I will have every single light on in the house, and the dogs with me, so they can protect me...heh

Kfamr
05-22-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Amber
Ditto that!

I've always felt like the parent since i was 10, and I even act like one too. I also hate it if they don't leave a note...even though it's to the store, I gotta know where they are!

And especially since my dad is so immature. I've felt like a "parent" for a while now... They always do stuff that they got made at my brother/sister for. :p