PDA

View Full Version : Spices on Burgers

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-21-2004, 04:27 PM
Do you like spices on your burgers? I like mine with something on, doesn't really matter what. Terry likes his with nothing, maybe a little salt and pepper, but nothing else.

This doesn't count cheese. I love cheese on my burgers, but we're talking about the spices now. I like to marinate my burgers with whatever is the spice of the day, but I've learned to not put anything on Terry's at all. Even the slightest hint of cajun or barbeque flavor and he's all "what kind of burger is this?" :rolleyes:

However, he actually likes the taste of the hamburger meat. I like the taste of the ketchup, mustard, onion and whatever spice I have, I don't necessarily like the taste of hamburger. Matter of fact, I think if I had to eat a hamburger bare, I'd go without. The thought of it actually grosses me out a little. :p

Kfamr
05-21-2004, 04:45 PM
My mom always puts a little McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning on the hamburger when she makes burgers. It tastes really good, but I like them bare as well. :)

Fallon
05-21-2004, 05:02 PM
I don't really like any spices on my burger but I dooo love burgers.

Shelteez2
05-21-2004, 08:23 PM
I like mine with seasoning salt and garlic salt sprinkled on. I also really like BBQ sauces.

Uabassoon
05-21-2004, 08:29 PM
Normally I like mine plain, but if I'm grilling them at home I add a little Lawry's seasoning salt on it.

Twisterdog
05-21-2004, 09:55 PM
I'll eat burgers pretty much any way ... from plain to highly spicy.

I'm not really crazy about catsup, and I don't like BBQ sauce. Other than that, anything goes with me.

Miss Meow
05-21-2004, 11:53 PM
I don't eat meat, but love vege burgers with cajun spices. I also have chilli sauce with almost everything :)

slick
05-21-2004, 11:59 PM
I like all my food with as many spices as I can get. I'm trying to cut down on salt intake and spices help to flavour without my wanting to add salt. I marinate all meat before cooking, usually for about 24 hours.

The only thing I don't like is ketchup. Never did, never will. I often use salsa as a substitute.

Nomilynn
05-22-2004, 02:23 AM
I add a few spices, but when I'm mushing up the meat I crush up doritos and put them in. I've tried all kinds of flavours, and the ones that work best are the spicier ones. Give it a try, it's yummy! I like the really nacho cheese flavour :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-22-2004, 03:59 AM
For toppings I love salsa and Jalepenos on burgers. When I make my own I add chilli powder, salt, pepper and garlic.

carole
05-22-2004, 04:16 AM
I like very few spices, on anything or in anything, my burger is rather plain, just chicken, and salad, consisting of carrot, mixed lettuces, cheese and tomato and a slice of pineapple, absolutely NO dressings of any kind , thats how I Like my burgers, a meat one is ok with some tomato sauce but nothing else at all.

Randi
05-22-2004, 04:51 AM
I like the burgers you get these days with some spices on, but not too much. In fact, the ones you could get years ago, with only beef, a slice of raw onion and a slice of raw tomato, a bit of mustard, salt and pepper, I really liked. :)

Cincy'sMom
05-22-2004, 06:20 AM
I make my burgers with lots of spices...salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, celery seed at a minimum. Sometimes I add whorchester (sp?) sauce and maybe even other spices..chili powder, oregano, depends on my mood.

After coooking I always add ketchup, pickle (dill), and mustard to my cheeseburger.

catnapper
05-22-2004, 08:08 AM
I'll keep any of those spices, but hold the burger please! :D I have never liked red meat. I stay as far away from them too because the smell of red meat cooking causes me to gag. I am not a vegetarian by any means, but red meat just makes my skin crawl. :(

On nights hubby and kids have burgers, I eat either a bowl of soup or a bowl of cereal. :D

popcornbird
05-22-2004, 03:30 PM
Ohhhh burgers HAVE to have spices for me. I mean, I'll eat them without spices too, but they just taste SO plain! My mom usually marinates the meat and leaves it in the fridge for 24 hours before cooking it. I know she adds salt, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin powder, cilantro, and other stuff. Its sooo yummy with spices. We put spices in pretty much everything. Not *too* much, but food has to have flavor you know? ;)

Tina
05-22-2004, 06:48 PM
My dad is the one got me started adding spices to my hamburgers. We had one of his burgers one day and thought it was really good. I think he usually uses Ms.Dash not sure what flavor though. Now I hardly ever eat a burger without spices.

I use McCormicks Grill Mates Hamburger Seasoning. I also sometimes use other spices also.

Vio&Juni
05-23-2004, 03:20 AM
As I am allergic to some spices (black pepper and basil, and God knows what else, I don't want to find out for myself :) ) I like mine plain. I like them with mayonaise if I know it has no spices in.