PDA

View Full Version : Empathetic cats

wayne0214
11-18-2001, 04:45 PM
It seems as though no matter what I do, my cats will stop what they are doing and begin to mimic the same type of activity. For example, (Saturday 11/17) I spent part of the day cleaning up the house. All of my indoor pets were intently watching all that I was doing -both kittens and cats. There was definitely an audience. And since I was actively moving around, they began doing the same thing by playing around the house also. However, when I fired up the old noisy vacuum cleaner, they all ran outside except Bright Eyes, she stayed and watched everthing. Then ,when the work was done, they all came in and began to settle down and sleep again, mostly because of me being busy on the this keyboard. When I go out to eat, they will be waiting for me around the front of the house, so that when I return, I have to give each one some attention. Also, when I'm asleep they are doing the same (the indoor pets), but the moment I wake up, and whether I move around in the bed or not, they instantly know it, and begin to play around the house again, making noises. Does other's cats behave in the same manner?

........wayne

[ November 18, 2001: Message edited by: wayne0214 ]

Cougie Wechsler
11-18-2001, 06:43 PM
On the rare occassions I treat myself to an afternoon nap, the cats will also nap with me and get up at the same time I do! They also like to eat when we eat dinner, whenever we sit down, they run to their bowls too! Don't you wish they would help out with the housework!! :D

wayne0214
11-18-2001, 06:51 PM
Cougie, yes, that would be great. Wish I could get them to wipe their paws off before entering the house, that would really help! :D

tuxluvr
11-18-2001, 09:09 PM
Ritz 'shadows' me all the time...and watches. When I put the coffee beans in the grinder, she "talks" to me (about the only time she does - not an overly vocal kitty)...I sometimes wonder if she is there to make sure I "do it all right"

:)

cr7clark
11-19-2001, 06:31 AM
Bo definitely follows us around and wants to be active when we are active and restful when we are for the most part. Once in awhile we must tire her out, because she'll nap in the afternoon whether we're active or not. Overall though, Bo wants to be where we are and wants to get right into the thick of things, even to the point of climbing onto the clean laundry or onto the book I am reading :D

Helen
11-19-2001, 07:08 AM
They just don't like missing anything, do they?

I've been trying to do some dress-making this weekend - complete nightmare with Sadie around! Sitting on the material when I'm cutting out, rustling paper patterns, skidding around the floor with cotton reels, and insisting on sitting on my knee when I'm sewing, either by hand, or on the machine - I wonder why I gave up in desperation.

She's still gorgeous, though!