PDA

View Full Version : What are your favourite sounds.....

carole
05-20-2004, 09:41 PM
I am not talking about music, mine would have to be the sound of seagulls and the ocean, just love hearing that, oh I wish I lived close by the sea.:)

BCBlondie
05-20-2004, 10:01 PM
I like the sound of a clicky-pen... o_o don't ask...

I also like the sound of birds chirping early in the morning..when I pull all-nighters lolol :p

I know you said no music... but I LOOOVE the sound of guitars.. My favorite instrument ^_^ (that's why I play guitar lol...) and I also really like the sound of the violin. :)

guster girl
05-20-2004, 10:04 PM
I love my mother's voice, my father's snoring, my brother's laugh, Finn's deep sighs, kittens meowing, cats purring, guinea pigs squeaking, horses snuffling, birds singing, the sounds of water (ocean waves, running streams, etc), heartbeats, thunderstorms, and, the sound of the wind in an open parachute as you float back to earth.

Dogz
05-20-2004, 10:30 PM
I like to hear Otis snorting and grunting. I love to hear the rest of my pups snore, too. :)

I like to hear Soda and Cracker singing in their cage when I wake up in the morning.

Moose
05-20-2004, 10:43 PM
The ocean...I've lived near it all my life. No matter where I am, as long as I can hear the ocean waves, I feel at home. :) Sappy, but true. :p

Nomilynn
05-21-2004, 12:14 AM
I love the sound of a rumbly cat purr :) I also like the sound of water. There is one bird call that I just love.. I have no idea what bird it is and I couldn't even begin to "type" the way it sounds.. it's almost circular and it's a haunting, enchanting sound. I wish I could figure out what it is, but I could listen to it for hours. I always hear it when I'm camping :)

popcornbird
05-21-2004, 12:22 AM
Popcorn and Muffin's beautiful songs and whistles. :D I *love* the sound of gushing rivers and waterfalls. Ahhhh. I just LOVE that sound! I also love the sound of trees swaying in a gentle breeze, and I adore the songs of most wild birds. So soothing.

CathyBogart
05-21-2004, 02:18 AM
Thunder...definitely.

I also love raspy macaw voices, ratty bruxes, and the sound of a really nice V-8 revving...(I miss my corvette, can ya tell?)

Cookiebaker
05-21-2004, 04:57 AM
In the very early morning, I love standing outside and listening to silence -- no cars driving by, no lawn mowers, no kids shouting. And all I can here is the wind in the trees, the flowing river, and the air just filled with the call of wild birds. It's mesmerizing. :)

Pam
05-21-2004, 06:10 AM
Cookiebaker I agree with you and I love the "silence" outside during a snowfall. I don't know if the snow provides a sort of insulated muffling of all of the noise or it is just the absence of cars on the road, but it is a sound of silence quite different from any other. I also love the sound of the surf and seagulls at the shore. I spent my childhood years at the Jersey shore for vacations and it is such a familiar "feel good" sound for me.

Felicia's Mom
05-21-2004, 07:46 AM
I love a thunderstorm. I also love to hear a railroad train in the distance.

DJFyrewolf36
05-21-2004, 09:46 AM
I love the ocean surf, wind through the trees up in Tahoe, that odd silence of the Redwoods (anyone been up there?), purring cats (so cute!), birds chattering and last but definatly not the least (sappy) my hubbys voice when he randomly buzzes the cell to just tell me he loves me :D

Logan
05-21-2004, 10:25 AM
For me, these days, complete silence, regardless of what is happening outside with the weather, is the BEST!!!! No cars, no barking, no ringing telephones, no loud birds, no tv, no music, etc is what I enjoy! It doesn't happen very often!!!!! :eek:

catlover4ever
05-21-2004, 10:39 AM
Rain falling on the roof of the house, the birds singing in the early morning just before the sun comes up and right around dusk as they are going to bed, a waterfall, the silence in my backyard...when you can just barely hear the main road traffic, Abner's meow, kitties purring, their heartbeat, fire crackling.

MariaM
05-21-2004, 10:40 AM
Hmm Thunder, Rain on our metal roofing, Major burping, Major doing his really deep growl/bark when he doesn't recognize something outside the fence, and that's all I can think of. I like cats meowing too though! (and purr)

Kfamr
05-21-2004, 12:24 PM
Simba's low, whiney bark. Nala's deep, "ferocious" bark.
The ocean against the shore (without the annoying seagulls and kids screaming on the beach)

Silence at night.

RedHedd
05-21-2004, 01:00 PM
Gentle raindrops falling outside, the ocean, San Francisco's old-fashioned fog horns, Mitzi's little "mrrp" when I pet her when she's sleeping, Mishi's oh-so-soft purr and that silly muttering noise he makes, birds chirping in the trees early in the morning and yes, the sound of the wind blowing through the Redwoods.

Desert Arabian
05-21-2004, 03:31 PM
I have tons of favorite sounds:

The sound of 45 horses galloping full speed, the ground rumbling under their feet as they run into the corral (@ camp)

The sound of a horse smelling my hand

The sound of a horse chewing a treat

The sound of the brush moving over the horses muscluar body

The sound of the rasp grinding the hoof and the sound of the hammer driving the nail in when a horse is getting trimmed and shod

The neigh and nicker of a horse

Spring peepers singing loudly in the trees on a warm spring night

A Labrador Retriever splashing into the water to retrieve

Turkeys gobbling when the sunrises in the middle of the woods

The hoot of an owl in the early morning or evening

Distant thunder from a storm.

Bruxing from my ratties

Loud crunching of my ratties eating a tasty treat

Sammy's silly noises

Sammy's deep tough purr

Rain hitting a canvas tent

That's not all....but I'll stop...LOL

RICHARD
05-21-2004, 04:09 PM
The sound of a military jet making a low pass at full afterburner....

Thunder and fireworks.

carole
05-22-2004, 04:31 AM
Actually music is fine, I just meant not particular songs by name, as I myself love the sound of the bagpipes(I wonder why he he) and also the pipes from Peru.

Funny Kay you hate the sound of the seagulls, I love it, as its the only place you ever hear them, and not living by the sea, its a unique sound that reminds me where I am, and of course the sound of the crashing waves.

And the sound of my fan going everynight, as it helps me get some sleep.

And of course how could I forget the cats purring, the best sound ever.!!!!

I also like the sound of the pitter patter of rain on my tin roof, as long as it is not too heavy, then that scares me.

Sevens
05-22-2004, 06:58 AM
I like....

The sound of rain and thunder.

Bailey when she does a vocal yawn.

Guinness when he lays his head on my chest and does a "happy grunt" because I am scratching his tummy. I make the noise back at him and he does it again, we'll go back and forth, kind of like we are having a conversation.

When any of my family is laughing and having a good time.

Bacon sizzling

Quiet mornings.

Bailey and Guinness crunching on milkbones.

Tapping sound when someone is typing on a keyboard really fast.

The scratching noise a pencil or pen makes when someone is writing.

The sounds of coffee brewing and when the coffee starts going into the coffee pot.

The sound the ocean makes.

When my friends' cats are purring.

The sound of a helicopter flying overhead (reminds me of Norfolk, VA where l lived near Navy bases).

joanofark
05-22-2004, 11:04 AM
I love the sound of cats purring.:rolleyes: :p I hate the sound cicadia's make!!!!:mad:

KYS
05-22-2004, 03:15 PM
Ocean, running water from a stream, and birds singing.

CountryWolf07
05-22-2004, 03:42 PM
The ocean, the river, the nature in the park, birds chirping on a nice day..

So relaxing..

Karen
05-22-2004, 03:55 PM
Ocean sounds, the roll and crash, the soothing rush of surf upon sand
The hush of deep snowfall late at night
Early morning birdsong as I awake
Thunderstorms, the sound of rain any time
plinking, plunking, crashing, dripping
The sound of a sleeping person, soft and cozy
Giggles
The swelling noise of the crowd at fireworks displays, then the hush between ...

On cold days, the whistle of the tea kettle

moosmom
05-22-2004, 05:11 PM
My cats purring while snuggled up with me, a thunderstorm, the ocean waves hitting the beach, the sound of Loons.

carole
05-22-2004, 09:33 PM
Can you tell me Donna what on earth are lOONS? The only ones I know are boys, the scottish word for them!!:)

MariaM
05-22-2004, 09:43 PM
um...sorta like geese I think. In the duck family. They are on Canadian LOONIES lol.http://www.interlog.com/~erhard/images/loon.jpg

carole
05-22-2004, 10:08 PM
AH thank you for informing me, still never heard of them.:)

Kfamr
05-23-2004, 02:46 AM
Don't worry... i've never heard of them either. :p

Are they in the US at all?

Lillycat
06-09-2004, 06:47 AM
the ocean, most definately the ocean......sea gulls......rain.....lots of rain!!!!

lynnestankard
06-09-2004, 07:03 AM
Thunder and lightning crashing and bashing is wonderful!!
Rain at night when it's so quiet - it sounds like a prayer.
Kerchum's peculiar meeeeeeooaaaaawwww - any cat purring - ahhhh.
The dishwasher!!!! (Means I'm not doing the dishes!!)
Waves crashing the shore - wonderful
Very early morning sounds i.e. birds singing - before the world gets going!
Diane and Elizabeth's voices when they telephone home.
This is VERY sloppy sorry - when Don says my name.

Have you noticed most of us have chosen the sound of rain? Give us two days non-stop and we're totally mad at it!!:D :eek: :D

Lynne

countrycowgirl
06-09-2004, 09:56 AM
THE NEIGH OF A HORSE THE PATTER OF THEIR HOOFS THE SNORTS THEY MAKE :D

CatMama78
06-09-2004, 10:17 AM
My favorite sound is that of cats purring :)

Logan
06-09-2004, 10:41 AM
As much as I love silence, I also love:

The sound of the ocean (will get to hear it in a week and a half)!!!
The "sigh" that the dogs make when they are settling into deep sleep.
The "hum" of insects at night, when all else is quiet.
The purr and light snoring of my cats, when they are happy and content.

:)

tikeyas_mom
06-09-2004, 11:13 AM
I love hearing crows, thunder, and pooring rain, and crickets.. I also love hearing Tikeay howl..