PDA

View Full Version : Pepper's saga continues....

kuhio98
05-20-2004, 08:19 PM
I'm away on a business trip but had to share this with you.

Bob took Pepper to the vet today to have her splint replaced ($96). The vet was mad at Bob because the the cast had gotten wet and this is a no-no. (Short of a kitty straight jacket, how are you going to keep a cat from playing in the water dish?) I guess the duct tape didn't help keep the cast dry.

Bob's idea? He bought a box of condoms and put one over her cast !! After I stopped laughing I had to agree that it would probably work but that I'M not taking her to the vet next week with a condom on her leg !!

No new photos. Bob doesn't know how to use the digital camera and DO YOU REALLY want a photo of a kitty with a condom on its leg ?? :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

You can see photos of Pepper (before this embarrasing turn of events) at this link: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49258

Fallon
05-20-2004, 08:29 PM
That's such a silly idea, but if it works then good! I hope Pepper gets better soon. It sure is expensive to get a splint replaced..

RedHedd
05-20-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by kuhio98
DO YOU REALLY want a photo of a kitty with a condom on its leg ?? :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p Of course we do! :D

slick
05-20-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by kuhio98
DO YOU REALLY want a photo of a kitty with a condom on its leg ?? :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
You really have to ask?????

Kitty Condo??? No, a Kitty Condom :D :D :D

Sorry I shouldn't laugh but I'm just picturing it now.

Gee Doc, you said we had to protect it!!!

jazzcat
05-21-2004, 12:25 AM
I'd love to see the picture. Here's hoping Bob figures out the camera quickly - I need a laugh!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-21-2004, 09:17 AM
Too funny!!! But I think it's a great idea. When faced with difficult circumstances, one must improvise and use what works - right? ;) :D :D

<hands on hips, tapping foot waiting for picture>

Cataholic
05-21-2004, 10:09 AM
What ever fits the bill!

Logan
05-21-2004, 10:11 AM
I think Bob deserves an award for using the condom in such a responsible way!!!! :p I do hope Pepper will improve and that there will be no more lectures from the vet!!!! :D

kuhio98
05-21-2004, 02:25 PM
No promises. But, my brother said he'd try to get a picture of Pepper this weekend and load it up on the computer. If he does, I'll be sure to share with you. I won't be home for another week so it might have to wait until then.

Bob said that Pepper did fine during the night and continues to yowl her displeasure about not being able to go outside on the deck. For a little 6-pounder, she sure has a big mouth!

Halo was lonely for her little sister yesterday and searched everywhere and was quite happy when she came home from the vets. Cammie (as usual) could care less as long as she has a soft place to sleep.