PDA

View Full Version : Another quick camera question!!!

DogLover9501
05-20-2004, 08:10 PM
How do I be sure the camera plug in will fit my computer?? Im getting it tomorrow :D :D :D

Willie-Your method worked!!! About telling me parents I needed practice ;) Thanks!!

Please answer the question, as I need to know soon ;)

slleipnir
05-20-2004, 08:18 PM
I'm pretty sure most cameras hook into the USB port of the comp...and all comps have them nowadays.

trayi52
05-20-2004, 08:26 PM
Yeah, I think Audrey is right, most cameras do plug into a USB port.

Great, you give you mom a hug from me, and then you give a great big hug for yourself! I can't wait for you to get your camera! I am so excited for you! Let us know as soon as you get it.

And oh, Happy Birthday in advance, ((((Hugs to you)))) for your birthday!

Willie:D

Fallon
05-20-2004, 09:01 PM
New cams will plug into USB. Old cams plug into the serial port. But if your comp is fairly new you won't have any problems.

DogLover9501
05-20-2004, 09:35 PM
Thank you so much Willie :) (((((HUGS!!!))))) You're too sweet ;)

dukedogsmom
05-20-2004, 10:49 PM
Also, I would use the USB cord and not take the card out for a card reader. I believe that's what corrupted mine. My brother had the same thing from his card reader and had to stop using it.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-21-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Also, I would use the USB cord and not take the card out for a card reader. I believe that's what corrupted mine.

I'm surprised. I was going to suggest a card reader and then you don't have to worry about how the camera connects to the computer. I've used my card readers for years now with no problems what-so-ever, I bought the cheapest $19.95 one available. :confused: But who knows, either the card could have been bad or the card reader, these things aren't infallible. I find the card reader is just so much easier. I've got one at work and one at home. That way I can download pics wherever I am without worrying if I have the camera cable with me.