PDA

View Full Version : In memory of Iggy

smokey the elder
05-20-2004, 06:52 PM
Iggy was a LARGE, orange and white cat who came to my rescue group over a year ago. He was at least nine years old, and was given up because he supposedly couldn't deal with a new baby. After being shuffled back and forth between a couple of locations, a very compassionate friend of mine adopted him back in February. He seemed to be adjusting well, then about 6 weeks ago he had some sort of attack, like a stroke or something. He went off his feed, and developed fatty liver.

He seemed to be getting better, eating and stuff. Then in the last few days he faded really fast. He passed to the RB yesterday at 4 PM.

Here's a picture of Big Iggy when he was healthy.

smokey the elder
05-20-2004, 06:59 PM
Here's another (I "lost" it on my computer.) This is at his home; the last one was in a cage.

Steffi N
05-20-2004, 07:40 PM
Please thank your friend for being an angel and giving Iggy a loving home and tender care for his last months. Rest in peace, dear Iggy.

Fallon
05-20-2004, 08:22 PM
Poor Iggy. Looking at his pictures makes me so sad.. it makes me miss him even though I never knew him. I am sure he is in a happy place now and healthy as can be. R.I.P Iggy. He is so pretty.

slick
05-20-2004, 11:12 PM
I'm so sorry for the loss of sweet Iggy. Your friend is an angel for taking him in and showing him the love he deserved. All things happen for a reason and your friend was there at the right time to give him a loving home for the last few months of his visit here on earth.

Play happy at the RB Iggy for now you will enjoy an eternity of good health.

jazzcat
05-21-2004, 12:20 AM
Rest in Peace sweet Iggy.

Bless your friend for providing him with love and comfort in his last days.

Killearn Kitties
05-21-2004, 08:44 AM
What a handsome boy Iggy was! Bless your friend for caring for him.

Rest in peace sweet Iggy.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-21-2004, 09:05 AM
What a great thing your friend did by providind loving home for Iggy in his last months. I'm just sorry Iggy got sick so soon after finding such a wonderful home and he didn't have longer to enjoy it.

RIP Iggy. :(

catmandu
06-02-2004, 09:16 AM
Iggy misses you , but he has been having Fun , at the Rainbow Bridge! This week , they are touring Montreal , Canada , and eating and staying at Four Star Hotels!