PDA

View Full Version : dog park days with Finn

guster girl
05-20-2004, 06:14 PM
Hey, all. I still haven't gotten any photos of Finn since we moved into my friend's house. I will, though, promise. :) I've been taking him to the dog park every other day, at least, though, and, he's loving it. It's about a 20-25 minute drive, but, it's worth it. He has such a good time, and, he's so worn out when we get home. YAY! And, it's just invaluable socialization I couldn't get anywhere else! I've come across some really unintelligent people, of course, but, for the most part, they're all really cool. Lots of labbies for Finn to look up to! He was playing with a couple of lab puppies that were twice his size but, only a month older! He weighs 40 pounds, now, but, is small compared to the mammoths today. Their names were Cash and Toby (for Toblerone, cuz he's chocolate). After the park, we always romp in the creek. Well, Finn romps, I laugh from the shore. :) Then, I took him to a nearby dog washing place. For nine bucks, I washed him myself in the big washtub. The guy that owns the place is really nice! He helped me out, and, the shampoo and conditioner and doggie cologne all smelled really good! I used a curry brush on him in the tub and then a shedding blade after I dried him. It was fun for both of us, but, he was a little nervous about the dryer. It reminds him of the vacuum, I think, which is apparently Finn's worst enemy. Anyway, we have been having a good time going to the park and meeting new people and dogs. We plan on checking out a new park in Fort Worth tomorrow. Anyway, just thought I'd say hi to everyone and share a little bit of what's going on....I'll get pics up soon.

tatsxxx11
05-20-2004, 09:02 PM
Fiinn, you're one life loving Labbie, aren't you sweetie:) I'm so glad you're clocking in lots of fun time with your fellow Labs at the park and oh, those fun baths: at the doogie drive in!
:D Can't wait till your mommy post lots more pics of you, precious boy:{ Hugs and kisses to you!

captain
05-20-2004, 09:34 PM
Finn is having such a ball .......... I cannot wait to see pics of it.

Thanks for letting us know how he is!

guster girl
05-20-2004, 09:41 PM
Hey, glad you all were still interested in how he's doing! I am taking him to Fort Woof tomorrow, that's the name of the park. I may stop by my ex's apartment to see him and Lock (I miss both boys!), and, ask if I can borrow the camera to take with me. I'll be going to Petsmart, too, to get a couple of things. So, Finn is going to have another fun day! My brother is probably going to watch him for awhile for me, too, so, I can run a few dog-free errands! :) I hope I can get some photos online tomorrow!

guster girl
05-25-2004, 04:51 PM
Well, I got some photos at the dog park, but, now the computer at the house is acting stupid and not letting me connect to the internet. The camera I'm able to use is a Kodak one, and, the program is Kodak share, so, hopefully, I'll be able to figure out how to share them with you guys! I'll have to learn how once we get the internet to work. :) Anyway, there will be pictures of Finn and some of his dog park buddies very soon!

Moose
05-25-2004, 05:48 PM
Glad you guys had fun! I can't wait to see the pics of handsome Finn! --gets all starry-eyed-- :p

Cookiebaker
05-25-2004, 06:14 PM
I can't wait to see new pics of your Cutie-patootie, Finn! Sounds like you guys are having a blast!! :D