PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Dude is now where he belongs...

moosmom
05-20-2004, 05:16 PM
After waiting for 4 days for the Animal Control Officer to pick up Sweet Dude's body, he is now buried safely in my backyard.

To make sure it was okay, I called my landlord and asked permission. He said, "It's the cat, huh??" I said yes. He said, "You're such a good person for caring. Sure, just bury him near the garage."

So, down I went and started digging. :mad: :mad: Out comes the drunk from the first floor. Drunk, he starts yelling to stop digging. I told him that I had gotten permission from Zef (the landlord) and to just leave me alone.

He told me that he was going to dig Sweet Dude up. I told him if he did that, I'd call the police and file charges for harassment. "Why didn't you just put him out with the trash??" I said, "The same reason your mother didn't put YOU out with the trash!! Now LEAVE ME ALONE!!!"

"It's just a GD cat!" "You must be a very lonely woman. Have you been with many men??" I told him it was none of his f-ing business and to get the hell out of my face!!

Did he let up?? NOoooooooo. I just tried to ignore him and kept digging. He said, "I TOLD you to call someone to pick up the cat!!" I yelled that I DID call and no one would listen. I told him that Sweet Dude was a feral cat I had been feeding in the back yard for a year. Well, then he changed his tune. He said (through his slurred words) that he didn't realize that, and kept asking me if I wanted him to help. I said no, to just leave me alone. Then he asked me if I wanted a beer, or something to eat. I said no, that I had dinner cooking.

I am SO upset right now. :( I feel so bad for Sweet Dude. I cannot STAND the jerk on the first floor. But at least now I know that Sweet Dude is in a better place.

jazzcat
05-20-2004, 05:20 PM
Oh Donna I'm sorry you have to put up with such a jerk.

Thank you for caring enough to see it to the end and give Sweet Dude a proper burial.

I hope some bad mojo pays a visit to that loser drunk neighbor.

slick
05-20-2004, 05:39 PM
Oh Donna, bless you for taking care of Sweet Dude. I don't know how you can put up with a neighbour like that.:mad: I'd be stringing him put by the......

kimlovescats
05-20-2004, 05:44 PM
What a jerk, for sure! Thank you and God Bless you Donna for respecting Sweet Dude and giving him a proper burial, in spite of the jerk!!!

((((HUGS))))

trayi52
05-20-2004, 05:47 PM
Bless you Donna, for caring so deeply for Sweet Dude, while living and in his death. You truly was his angel in life and death!

Willie

sirrahbed
05-20-2004, 05:55 PM
Moosmom, I admire you for what you have done. Sorry you had to be harrassed while working so hard to put Sweet Dude where he belongs!!! You had some snappy comebacks for that drunk idiot!!

QueenScoopalot
05-20-2004, 05:57 PM
What a cretin you have to deal with. I'm happy that Sweet Dude's at peace now where he should have been days ago. I sure hope the drunk neighbor doesn't forget what you said, and dig the poor cat up. I'd be quick to call the cops then. :rolleyes:

RICHARD
05-20-2004, 06:05 PM
I am glad I don't live in your neighborhood.

You'd have to go ask the landlord for permission to bury the drunk on the other side of the garage....

The proper comeback for "have you ever been with a
man" is "Have you ever been with a woman? Silly me, no self respecting woman would be seen with you...."

jazzcat
05-20-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
I am glad I don't live in your neighborhood.

You'd have to go ask the landlord for permission to bury the drunk on the other side of the garage....

ROFLOL!!!

rg_girlca
05-20-2004, 06:46 PM
Bless you Donna for caring enough for Sweet Dude to give him a proper burial.
Rest in Peace Sweet Dude and fun on RB.

Can't post what I think about your jerk of a neighbour.:mad:

catnapper
05-20-2004, 06:49 PM
I'm so sorry that you have such a lousy neighbor. I'm glad though that Dude is laid to rest in a nice peaceful spot.

Steffi N
05-20-2004, 07:42 PM
Thank you Donna for caring for Sweet Dude in life and in death.

moosmom
05-20-2004, 07:44 PM
The proper comeback for "have you ever been with a
man" is "Have you ever been with a woman? Silly me, no self respecting woman would be seen with you...."

Oh RICHARD!!!

I wish I had thought of that!! I was SO busy digging and trying to ignore the idiot, my mind was elsewhere!

I went back there a little while ago to see if the site was disturbed. It wasn't. HOPEFULLY the jerk got so drunk he passed out.

If anything does happen to Sweet Dude, there WILL be hell to pay!

Laura's Babies
05-20-2004, 07:50 PM
God and Sweet Dude are smiling down at you for your caring of a homeless animal and a proper burial when life took him from this earth, even with someone harrassing you. YOU are an angel!

leslie flenner
05-20-2004, 08:08 PM
I just now learned that you started this thread! Sorry! Well, you've seen my responses on the previous one! Keep the faith! The cat gods will be watching for the drunk and you will know when evil has been done to your boy! If that happens, I don't know- restraining order ain't gonna fix things! I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that he leaves the sacred site alone!!
Thank goodness you have a nice landlord! the saving grace in this picture! You can tell him that a lot of people have expressed their admiration with his kindness towards you and Sweet Dude.

Fallon
05-20-2004, 08:15 PM
I am very sorry for Sweet Dude and you.. I know it must be really hard and especially with that rude man harassing you like that. I hate people like that, but there are so many of them. Sweet Dude is in a good place though. I'm glad he was cared about.

NoahsMommy
05-21-2004, 12:58 AM
Donna,

I'm so glad Dude's resting place is near you. I think he would like that. :)

And goodness, what a loser!! I'm so sorry you have to live so closely to such an idiot!

Love,
Kelly :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-21-2004, 05:52 AM
Donna,

Thanks for giving Sweet Dude the dignity he deserves! Your neighbor sounds like a real jerk!

catlady1945
05-21-2004, 07:18 AM
Good for you. You did the right thing.

catlover4ever
05-21-2004, 07:36 AM
Donna, you are such a kind woman. You are always thinking of the well being of the animals....bless you for that. Sweet Dude will be waiting on the other side of the RB for you and I can only imagine how much love you will receive....at that time all the babies that you have helped will shower you with love.

Thank you for caring so much...it seems that people just don't care anymore and it is such a pleasure to see that some of us still do care. --- Meg

catcrazylady
05-21-2004, 07:46 AM
I'm so glad that your landlord gave you permission to bury Sweet Dude there close to you. I think it is a crying shame that you have had to endure so much just to bury a poor little cat. He had only you to show him mercy in life and now only you to show him mercy in death. What a horrible shame.
As for the drunk...no comments that can be posted except for the fact that people usually get whats coming to them and his day will come. As a matter of fact if he has to drink all the time he may have already had his day and can't live with it.
Thank you for putting out so much effort just to give Sweet Dude a proper burial. You have gone far beyond what others would have done. We appreciate your efforts and I'm sure that somewhere so does Sweet Dude.

catmandu
05-21-2004, 09:04 AM
I know what you are going through , as I have Drunks next door , and the more you talk to them , the more that they like it , as usually theu are isolated by Booze. But you cant make sense to a Drunk , no matter what you say!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-21-2004, 09:52 AM
I'm so sorry this was such an ordeal for you Donna. However, everyone seems to be focusing on the jerk of a neighbor you have instead of on the wonderful landlord you have! What kind words he had for you, and he really seemed to understand what you were trying to do for poor Sweet Dude. I'm so glad you decided to call him and get permission. That way at least you know he's on your side.....and you got a let up on the jerk downstairs.

Thank you for caring so much and for enduring all this for Sweet Dude. :(

ramanth
05-21-2004, 10:13 AM
Awww... *hugs* RIP Sweet Dude. I just know you'll grace the area with flowers.

moosmom
05-21-2004, 06:35 PM
I called my landlord this morning and told him what went on as I was trying to give Sweet Dude a proper send off. I told Zef I just want to be able to enjoy the back yard without this piece of crap harassing me!!

He was apalled!! He knows that I've had run-ins with this idiot before. He told me he was going to tell him to either staighten up, fly right or get out!!!

I am SO lucky to have such a wonderful man for a landlord. He's worked with me, letting me pay my rent in installments, and always calls just to see if I'm okay.

I went out and checked the "spot" today just before it rained again (it rained SO bad last night I was afraid the dirt would sink). Everything was fine. The jerk stayed in the house, thank God!!!

Davidp,

You're right, you can't reason with a drunk. What's really pathetic is he probably doesn't remember anything about yesterday!! :mad: