PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Sweet Penelope

dukedogsmom
05-20-2004, 04:09 PM
Penelope was my brother and sister-in-law's cat who had to be put to sleep about a week ago because of ongoing illness. I'm making this thread for them and when everyone's commented, am going to email the link to them. My SIL wasn't able to talk about it today and got us both teary eyed. I was telling her I wanted to make something special with her picture. So, I'm going to burn these two on a cd and just tell them to look at them when they feel they can. Penelope's eyes were always running so they weren't white in the pics. I touched them up. She was a loveable cat when she wanted to be(you know how that can be) When I would visit, she would come for a few brief moments to let me pet her and purr. This has been very rough on them both. They've got one other cat and my SIL says she never wants more. I hope she changes her mind after a while because I would hate for her to be deprived of future loved kitties. I think in time that she might change her mind as she's had cats for as long as I remember. Penelope was her baby, though and I can only imagine how she feels. So, I just wanted to Penelope a tribute and hope she's at the RB now playing with the other kitties, no longer ill. You will be missed, sweet kitty.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/penelope1.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/penelope3.jpg

Cinder & Smoke
05-20-2004, 04:19 PM
:(
So sorry...

Rest In Peace, Sweet Penelope.

And don't worry,
Fred Kat told Boots that God has a nice oval sink
up at The Bridge for you to curl up in.

/s/ Phred

carole
05-20-2004, 04:26 PM
Please send you SIL my sincere condolences, I know her heart is aching right now for her beloved furbaby, I know the heartache and pain she feels, I wish there was something I could say to ease this for her, but just wanted her to know how we here at PT all understand, and feel for her so much.

I hope in time she will beable to open her heart again to another dear kitty. HUGS to her from us all across the miles.

Edwina's Secretary
05-20-2004, 04:30 PM
You truly lived up to the meaning of your name, faithful! You will never be replaced but, maybe someday, another sweet and loving kitty will need a home and help fill that great big gap you left in your people's hearts.

Godspeed....

trayi52
05-20-2004, 05:34 PM
What a beautiful tribute you made for sweet Penelope. She was just gorgeous. I hope that someday they will feel the need to fill that void Penelope left in their hearts, and their hearts will heal in time.

Godspeed to the bridge, Sweet Penelope.

Willie

slick
05-20-2004, 05:54 PM
Dear Sweet Penelope:
I hope by now you travelled safely to the RB and are making lost of friends up there. You had a good visit here on earth and now living in luxury for eternity.

DDD: Please pass on my condolences and let them know they are in my prayers.

smokey the elder
05-20-2004, 06:49 PM
What a wonderful tribute. There is another newcomer to the RB who will greet you. Iggy will be in another thread. What a pretty white kitty Penelope was!

Steffi N
05-20-2004, 07:37 PM
Thank you for creating this beautiful tribute to Penelope. Please give your sister in law my condolences on the loss of her dear furbaby. Penelope will live forever in her heart. Rest in peace sweet Penelope.

Fallon
05-20-2004, 08:42 PM
What a nice tribute for Penelope. She deserves this and so does her mom. She is happy now and no longer ill I'm sure. She can look out and see how much she is cared about.

captain
05-20-2004, 09:26 PM
Penelope,

The RB was waiting for you to come ......... It needed a white angel kitty. I am sure you are looking down on your precious Mummy, and sending her lots and lots of head bumpies ...

Sending you strength and HUGS across the miles.

dukedogsmom
05-20-2004, 10:52 PM
Thanks so much everyone! This means a lot to me and shows how special you all are. Don't know who gave this link but thanks for that, too. I lit a candle for Penelope tonight.
http://www.petpics.net/memory/
Kay, that is very special and I really appreciate you doing that! They will too.
Poem donated by, Kay, also.
When a beloved pet perishes...
his or her soul stays forever
in the hearts of everyone it touched
especially the ones of which it occupied
during it's blissful stay on Earth.

everything reminds us of it;
the loving touch, the clever antics
even some of the things that brought sadness
whereas their faces always brought smiles

it waits for you to come through the gates;
ecstatic, youthful, and benign.
with happy wiggles all over its body
so it can great you once again,
and forever, you stay by eachother's side.

Because.. When a beloved pet perishes;
It's never gone nor perished completely
It lives in the hearts of those it touched;
and never shall it be forgotten.

Kfamr
05-20-2004, 10:55 PM
Oh dear! We all know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet... Hopefully your SIL will find comfort in accepting another kitty into her life.
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/nalasimmy/penelope.jpg

kimlovescats
05-20-2004, 11:03 PM
Rest in peace sweet Penelope... and let your mom know that it IS ok to love again!!!;)

Killearn Kitties
05-21-2004, 08:41 AM
This is a lovely tribute you have paid to beautiful Penelope. Doesn't she look good in that white sink? What a pretty girl.

All the very best to Penelope's people. May they find comfort in their memories of her.

Rest in peace sweet Penelope.

dukedogsmom
05-21-2004, 04:40 PM
As I was hugging bro goodbye, he said that the photo I used for the signature had always been his favorite and just about made me cry. That's a great coincidence because I really didn't even look at that many photos. Thanks to all who replied.

Karen
05-21-2004, 04:48 PM
Sweet Penelope, while you are up there, go find my Uncle Mac, okay? He used to share his dinner with his kitty, who would sit on his shoulder while he ate. He loved all critters, and I'm sure he still does. Oh, and visit my mom, too - it's not her fault my sister was allergic to kitties so she couldn't have one for a long time.

Pretty Sweet Penelope
White as snow and loved was she
Round and cute, curled in a sink
Pleasingly plump, and as nice as you'd think
Pretty Sweet Penelope
White as snow and loved was she

Laura's Babies
05-21-2004, 05:51 PM
With deepest sympathies I offer your SIL and brother this in their time of sorrow.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid117/p5562d99b963a8a054be9a3482747a78b/f8972e49.jpg

rg_girlca
05-21-2004, 10:29 PM
DDD, please extend my deepest sympathies to your sister-in-law on the loss of her beautiful Penelope.

I know it is difficult to say goodbye to a pet you held so dear. I pray and hope that you find comfort and peace in the fond memories you made together.

Rest in Peace sweetheart and have fun on RB.

Kfamr and Laura's Babies, those were truly beautiful tributes you made for DDD's sister-in-law. I'm sure she will hold them dear to her heart.

carole
05-22-2004, 04:37 AM
Those tributes kay and lauras babies did for Penelope brought tears to my eyes, what a lovely gesture girls, I am sure your kindness will be much appreciated, and mean such a lot to Penelope's owners.

catcrazylady
05-22-2004, 07:43 AM
I'm so sorry about the loss of Penelope. What a beautiful baby! We all understand how much she will be missed.
The tribute pictures that have been posted are so beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. There are so many wonderful people with such kind and understanding hearts.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to your family. Penelope will never be forgotten and her tribute will live on in our hearts. God Bless.

catmandu
05-22-2004, 09:06 AM
RIP Little Penelope , and now you are Part , of the Cat Angel Army , ancwe will see you , as the Cat Angel Army loves Parteees!

krazyaboutkatz
05-24-2004, 10:28 PM
Penelope sure was a gorgeous girl. I'm so sorry to hear about her passing.:( RIP sweet Penelope. You'll always be missed but never forgotten.

Cataholic
05-25-2004, 10:36 AM
RIP, Sweet Penelope. You had a very special place in your hoomans hearts down here on earth. Have fun playing at the RB!

dukedogsuncle
06-12-2004, 12:46 PM
Hello, I'm dukedogsmom's brother. Penelope owned me while she was with us.

I just wanted to post here to thank all of you for your wonderful words of kindness and your beautiful tributes to my Pennycat. I miss my tiny dancer so much I couldn't post here until now.

Sis, thank you for starting this thread and for your creative picture of Penelope. I couldn't tell you how much it meant to me when I saw it at your house 'cause I couldn't talk.

Penelope, I miss you and love you. Find Pookie, Misty, Beauty, and Putty on the Rainbow Bridge and I'll see you again someday.

dukedogsmom
06-12-2004, 04:35 PM
Gee, mom was reading over my shoulder and you made us both cry. I loved making that sig for Penelope because I understand how special animals can be in our lives. And, that's one of the ways I can show you how much of a great brother I think you are.

ramanth
06-14-2004, 12:33 PM
So sorry for your loss of Penelope. :(

shais_mom
06-16-2004, 12:08 PM
Sorry I missed this, Penelope looks so sweet, Reminds me of my Kylie.
My thoughts are with your family.

anna_66
06-16-2004, 12:52 PM
How on earth did I miss this? I'm so sorry to hear about your loss dukedogsuncle. I'm sure she meant the world to you.

R.I.P. Penelope

AmberLee
06-16-2004, 04:32 PM
Frolic well and happily at the Rainbow Bridge, sweet Penelope!

Your beauty and your love enriched many lives here and gave rare delight to your Meowmy and Dad.

You were a lovely fluffy girl and your photos make me smile.

Kfamr
06-18-2004, 01:41 AM
Hey Duke's uncle -- Thank you for joining us, again very sorry of your loss. :) :(

lynnestankard
06-18-2004, 03:52 AM
Sorry for being sooo late with this.

RIP dear sweet Penelope - a beautiful white furgirl to play at the Bridge.

Hope you stick around DDU.

Lynne

leslie
08-21-2004, 07:57 PM
my deepest sympathy. Know that she is partly still here watching what you do with her toys and photos! She loved being in the family- clearly. And is waiting for you. She is, I hope, keeping my Dashiell and Cheops, and Atilla good company and many many many more! (Including our latest little boy Edges- he needs a good mom figure). Penny is in your fiber, in your memory, in your lives and in your hearts forever, and, we know, she knows that because you are also in hers. Take heart. I like to think my gone babies are with these sweet ones I learn about on PT- it is assuring to know that they have good company. Better than good, they have the best company ever! Take heart.

catmandu
08-22-2004, 11:14 AM
That is such a wonderful Photo,of penelope,that alone says,how this little Cat,has touched,her Guardians! The Found Cats Angels,and The Pet Angel Army,have taken Penelope,into the fold,and she is now a Full Fledged Cat Angel,vacationing in Calgary,Alberta!She miises you,but knows that One Fine Day,you will be together,again!