PDA

View Full Version : I have a gravity fetish..

RICHARD
05-20-2004, 03:14 PM
Toddler survives 26ft fall

A German toddler escaped without injury after falling 26 feet from a house.

Elif Celik, 28, was visiting a friend in Duesseldorf with her son Yussuf, who is 21 months old, when he fell.

"Our children were playing on the roof-deck," she explained. "Then I heard a noise, ran outside - and my child was gone."

Looking down, she saw him lying on the ground: "I was convinced that he could only be dead," she said.

But then Yussuf stated crying and calling for his mother and she realised there was still hope.

An ambulance arrived and a doctor examined Yussuf to find he had survived the fall unhurt.

Despite hitting a steel beam and the roadside curb, he had no injuries besides a few scratches.

Staff at nearby Solingen Hospital later confirmed this diagnosis.

Police are now trying to find out how Yussuf could fall from the roof-deck in the first place.

They believe he may have slipped through between two beams of the guard rail.

---------------------------------------------------------

Looking down, she saw him lying on the ground: "I was convinced that he could only be dead," she said.

1) I'm glad she looked down......Gravity usually works that way.

2) Hahahaha, Fooled you! Just a little scratched up but.....

Police are now trying to find out how Yussuf could fall from the roof-deck in the first place.

I'm almost tempted to call in an anonymous tip.........

"Hey, you guys should investigate gravity.......it's always causing accidents......":eek:

DJFyrewolf36
05-20-2004, 03:16 PM
Gravity is ALWAYS keeping ME down....

&^$#*&^# gravity and its stupid laws...

Glad the kid is ok tho

slick
05-20-2004, 03:22 PM
I've heard that children and drunks seldom get hurt in accidents because they are so relaxed. I'm always hearing on the news about drunk drivers walking away from the scene. Just food for thought.

RICHARD
05-20-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by slick
Just food for thought.

Can I have a drink instead?:D

Miss Meow
05-20-2004, 03:52 PM
Damn gravity keeps me from being able to fly. Maybe the cops can arrest it and have it locked away for a while :eek:

slick
05-20-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Can I have a drink instead?:D
Forever the comic!!!! ;) :D
Would we want you any other way????

gini
05-20-2004, 04:57 PM
Gravity..........no, let's keep it - we can fly later.

I wished I had more of that last weekend.

My three year old niece managed to put her arm through a ladder back chair at the ice cream store...........and got stuck.

Trying to be ever so calm, I asked the lady if she had any liquid detergent in the store.........she did....we greased.........and arm came unstuck.

The next event was even better.........again the three year old terror somehow managed to push the EXACT two buttons on my alarm system that sets off the emergency siren.

I raced and turned off the alarm. However, it isn't quite that easy with an alarm system........you have to "reset" it and that takes some doing - crawling around in the basement, reaching the main electrical outlet and then going into the locked panel and doing some stuff in there. Did all that and my phone rings and the doorbell rings at the same time..........Alarm company........am I alright???

Send them off reassured and two seconds later my doorbell rings again.........my neighbors........am I alright???

I would have liked some heavy duty gravity to keep my niece's bottom in a chair for two or three seconds.

I was exhausted.

It is a good thing these two kids won't be able to get together.........heaven only knows what a 21 month old and 36 month old could cook up together!

RICHARD
05-20-2004, 05:28 PM
Lead in the undies works too!:D

Lady's Human
05-21-2004, 12:08 AM
9.8m per second squared..........it's not just a good idea, it's the law.......on this planet, anyway

DJFyrewolf36
05-21-2004, 09:54 AM
I say if you don't like the gravity laws on this planet then MOVE :)

RICHARD
05-24-2004, 11:45 AM
More gravity news......

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/05/22/bush.fall/

----------------------------------------------------------

This sounds kind of cruel, but when you thinK about the question there can only be one answer....

A reporter doing a story on a plane crash....

"Authorities are investigating the cause of the crash....."

Have they ever tried to investigate gravity as being partially to blame????

DJFyrewolf36
05-24-2004, 04:31 PM
The president seems to have a problem with dealing with gravity...perhaps he should check in to a "Gravity rehabilitation program"

Lady's Human
05-24-2004, 05:18 PM
The good news for the pres is that his opposition seems to be having the same difficulties with natural laws. Kerry was recently hurt in a skiing accident. All we need is to have one of them get chased off of a pond by a rabbit and it's the '70s all over again.

RICHARD
05-24-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Lady's Human
The good news for the pres is that his opposition seems to be having the same difficulties with natural laws. Kerry was recently hurt in a skiing accident. All we need is to have one of them get chased off of a pond by a rabbit and it's the '70s all over again.

LOLOLOLOL,

And who can forget the "Monkey Business".

I am having flashbacks

:D

mahayana
05-29-2004, 06:28 AM
I have a fascination with gravity, too.

A few years ago I was at the top of a 20' ladder, renailing some siding, when I noticed an empty wasp nest hanging under the peak. Proceeded to knock it down with my framing hammer, then a cloud of wasps flew in my face, I took one step backwards...

Ah, gravity! I landed on my back, head just inches from a brick sidewalk. Spent the next week or two (I forget) taking Tylenol 2 with codeine, and muscle relaxers.

You do know that the extraterrestrials have anti-grav? That's how their saucers hover silently when they borrow humans for their research. Wish they'd let us in on the technology! (look how good we've done with fire, electricity, radio, TV, atomic energy, the internet, religion, all their other gifts!)

:)

RICHARD
06-04-2004, 12:35 PM
Man falls 12 storeys and survives

A Taiwanese man who fell from the balcony of his 12th floor flat while changing a lightbulb, has escaped serious injuries.

Chang Shih-chi, 68, told cable network CTiTV he lost his balance after suffering an electric shock.

He said his fall was broken as he bounced off a canvas awning, electric wiring and a parked car, says the Taipei Times.

A doctor who treated the man in Taichung said: "The patient fell from the 12th floor to the ground without suffering major injuries. This is a miracle."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Miracle???

He missed the parking meter, baby carriage and the pedestrian....

Or

He would not have suffered a shock if he was more "grounded" as a person.............

Thank you, don't forget to tip your waitress and I'll be here all weekend.

nibblets
06-04-2004, 04:15 PM
There is no gravity...the Earth sucks.

I read that on a Tshirt one time. :rolleyes:

mahayana
06-04-2004, 06:09 PM
Hey Richard, can you post one of those scientific explanations for "what is Gravity"like you did for why the moon always has one side towards earth? It seems to me this observable measureable unseen force is quite mysterious. No particles or rays or anything seems to cause the attraction of small things towards huge things. There must be more to it than the larger body exerting magic on the small body. (You must now come and kiss my enormous mass!)

smokey the elder
06-05-2004, 07:48 AM
Yeah, the physicists say that gravity is a weak force. Tell that to anyone who's fallen down...:p

mahayana
06-05-2004, 10:22 AM
I found this at http://www.howstuffworks.com/

". Newton was the first person to study gravity seriously, and he came up with the law of universal gravitation:

Each particle of matter attracts every other particle with a force which is directly proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them...

Einstein later came along and redefined gravity, so there are now two models -- Newtonian and Einsteinian. Einsteinian gravitational theory has features that allow it to predict the motion of light around very massive objects and several other interesting phenomena...

The general theory of relativity addresses the problem of gravity and that of nonuniform, or accelerated, motion. .. Einstein's equations handle Newtonian gravity as a subset...

The question of why atoms attract one another is still not understood. The goal is to combine gravity, electromagnetism and strong and weak nuclear forces into a single unified theory."

They also had a related article called "Does Gravity Travel At The Speed Of Light?" Funny stuff, huh?
:)

RICHARD
06-10-2004, 12:51 PM
Mary Poppins stunt lands man in hospital

A man in China ended up in hospital after he tried to use his umbrella as a makeshift parachute.

The man, from Chonqing, western China, is believed to have suffered two broken legs, reports West China City News.

He told police he jumped out of the window because he thought his microwave oven was about to explode.

He had thought that the umbrella would enable him to land safely - like Mary Poppins in the Disney children's film.

------------------------------------------

I wonder what happens when his TV goes on the blink?

DJFyrewolf36
06-11-2004, 10:48 AM
:rolleyes:

And thats my opinion