PDA

View Full Version : We're back from the vet! LOL!

stacwase
05-20-2004, 02:13 PM
We're back from the vet, and boy were they glad to see us leave!

The good news is that Jake does not have cataracts - WolfQ was right, it's just cloudiness from aging and it won't affect his vision.

The bad news?? Max was a baaaaad boy!

It took a muzzle and 3 people to hold him down to cut his toenails. He still managed to scratch them up and nearly broke two jaws, from what I hear. He also peed all over them. :eek:

They brought him back to me right after it was done and said "OK - can you take him out to the car please?"

I assured them that he really is a good boy, but I think they had a hard time believing me! :D

I got out of there for less than $500, and believe me that was a shocker! I was betting on $1000. I thought they'd tell me somebody needed a teeth cleaning or something. But their teeth were fine and they were both in great shape.

Now they're all ready to move to the farm - all their flea and tick and heartguard medications are refilled and they've been vaccinated against everything known to dog-kind.

My Peanuts
05-20-2004, 02:16 PM
Aw bad Max! but hey I'd be bad if I had three people poking at me too! :p Glad to here the bill wasn't $1,000 :eek: :eek:

Miss Meow
05-20-2004, 04:17 PM
Ooooh, bad Max! You'll have one of those 'nawtee dawg' stickers on your file next time you visit!

Freckles
05-20-2004, 05:20 PM
I'm assuming you'll be seeing a different vet after the move?:D

KYS
05-20-2004, 05:44 PM
I guess Rocky isn't the only one that has
a bad time at the vets.
Poor Max, he sounded like he was scared.

dappledoxie
05-20-2004, 06:44 PM
Poor pups! I know first hand how rough it can be, some pups just get so stressed, I am sure they think he is a good dog, but hey, we all know that they can get stressed at a strange place like that. Poor Max!

We have lots of dogs that don't like to come in, I work at a vet hospital. We've had a few that just try really hard to get away, we have to hold them good b/c dogs are soooo strong, don't want them to jump off the table and hurt themselves.

stacwase
05-20-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Freckles
I'm assuming you'll be seeing a different vet after the move?:D

hehehe No Way!! They'll have the joy of seeing Max grow into a calm old boy!

Fallon
05-20-2004, 09:15 PM
It's good to know that Jake doesn't have cataracts! They sounds very well taken care of. They have just about everything to live out healthy lives. Max was a bad boy? I guess the vets deserve to be roughed up sometimes..