PDA

View Full Version : What do you collect??

sirrahbed
05-20-2004, 11:21 AM
This may have been done before...but here goes. Do you guys collect anything? I collect angels but my oldest and favorite collection is little boxes. My first was a little jewelry box lined with velvet that my grandmother gave me when I graduated highschool in 1972. Since then I have LOTS of little boxes:D Crystal, wood, cork, porcelain like Kaiser and Villeroy & Boch, Wedgewood, marble, one olivewood from the Holy land, marble, laser cut, fabric, home-made from my children, kitty themes, enamel, etc. Just love them all! Each holds a memory!!!
Here is a partial collection pic:
http://img56.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/boxes.jpg

Can you show us YOUR collection or tell us about it?

slleipnir
05-20-2004, 11:42 AM
This is only one shelf. I have more stuff now, but I took this a while ago and am too lazy right now to take new pics...

I like animal figure thingies, mostly horses and eagles (lol, you can see the ones on the second shelf down from the top, far left side that I painted :o xmas kitty, lion, weird dog and the black and white dog..also the eagle on the right side and white horse...although I never finished it XD)

http://www.tainted-sky.net/room/DCP_1523.JPG

I guess I should say stuffed animals...I should get a pic of ALL of them I have..they're over running my room..:rolleyes:

RICHARD
05-20-2004, 12:18 PM
The stickers off of fruit and veggies.:rolleyes:

moosmom
05-20-2004, 12:28 PM
I collect cat figurines, candle holders, you name it. If it's got a cat on it, I've got it!!

DJFyrewolf36
05-20-2004, 12:29 PM
Ha ha Richard Ha ha

Anywhoo

I collect ducks, books, little figurine thingys (mostly fantasy type), useless but fun computer software, Car parts, computer parts and video games.

I also seem to collect dust but thats only when Im at work ;)

I'll snap a pic of my duckies when I get my digi cam up and working again....to see the type of ducks I mostly collect go to www.rubbaducks.com (they're cute, really!)

Kirsten
05-20-2004, 12:43 PM
I've started to collect the new series of Lord of the Rings-figures! They're expensive and I actually can't affort it, but they're great quality and definitely worth their money.

Still haven't much of them though and I'm waiting unpatiently for the next delivery (I have a suscription, but they're very slow).

However, these are the figures I have so far:
(Gandalf the White, a Nazgūl, Lurtz, Legolas and a cave troll)

http://www.tillyschanze.de/pix/lotr.jpg

Kirsten

Logan
05-20-2004, 12:45 PM
Some might say that I collect DAWGS!!!!! :eek: :o

Desert Arabian
05-20-2004, 03:21 PM
As much horse and yellow Lab stuff that my grubby little fingers can grab! :p

catnapper
05-20-2004, 03:44 PM
I'm a nerd, but I can't help collecting pencils, pens, paper. Anythign to draw with. I also have a thing for pencil shapeners.

As a real collection, I have a slew of Barbies hiding in the attic... some are actually highly collectable! I also have Madame Alexander dolls, among other collectable dolls.

bluekat
05-20-2004, 04:01 PM
I collect so many things, but some aren't really that big of a collection:p

I love postcards...I have so many different places. I think I have between 200-300 now:p

Miss Meow
05-20-2004, 04:04 PM
Cats :)

I think we have more than 1,100 CDs so I guess that's a collection. I started a database for insurance purposes but the data entry wore me out.

Oh, and half a room full of books and a bookshelf waiting to be built :)

I'd like to collect vintage cufflinks and 60s TV memorabilia but time and resources and storage are low.

davidpizzica
05-20-2004, 04:20 PM
I collect rare out-of print disney video tapes. I have some that are rare and valuable.

gini
05-20-2004, 04:39 PM
A complete, utterly out of control Snoopy collection.

My collection has been published in a book (of wierdo's:D ).

It finally became more than I could live with, so it is all boxed up and waiting....................

jenfer
05-20-2004, 04:43 PM
Ok, let see... lip balms, books, vcds, dvds, stickers, comic books, anime...Gigi's baby teeth. LOL. :D

trayi52
05-20-2004, 04:57 PM
I collect old dolls, I have one that is dated in the 1800's. I really don't know how many I have. I looked for that one Donna said she had as a child, but I don't think I have it.

Donna, do you know what year that doll was made in, and who made it?

I collect Santa Clause figurines, bunny rabbit figurines.

I also collect everything to do with Star Trek, ships, the figurines, tv guides and the Posters to the Star Trek movies.

Willie:cool:

MariaM
05-20-2004, 05:20 PM
I collect postcards and unsharpened, designed pencils. I'll take some pics later but they won't be up until we get internet downstairs...:rolleyes:

todd
05-20-2004, 09:21 PM
Post cards

joanofark
05-20-2004, 09:35 PM
I havent seen any one else say that the colect beanie babies. I love to colect Beanie Babies!:D :D :D

carole
05-20-2004, 09:45 PM
I used to collect porcelain dolls, but they are too expensive, so I only ended up with two good ones, but my daughter collects TY BEANIES, I have just bought her the most cutest one for her birthday in AUG, its a bigger one called GLITZ and its a yellow cat with a lovely bushy tail, anyone seen it?

Cincy'sMom
05-20-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by david p
I collect rare out-of print disney video tapes. I have some that are rare and valuable.

Do you have Song of the South? We were able to get a European PAL version converted to VHS. It is a shame they won't sell it in the US

I used to collect beanie babies and have boxes of them inthe basement. I also collect music boxes, giraffes, Cherished Teddies and Tony Stewart cars.

GoldenRetrLuver
05-20-2004, 09:54 PM
I've collected Beanie Babys for a while now. I've acquired more since this picture was taken, but here's basically all of them. :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid90/p5c5e59eceae735199fadd757dd211416/fa753689.jpg

I also collect Dog Figurines, and Golden Retriever items. :)

guster girl
05-20-2004, 10:22 PM
I collect Eeyore stuff. I also have quite a collection of stuffed animals. I'm trying to get rid of a lot of them, though! I even have the first stuffed toy given to me. It was given to be my grandmother before I came home from the hospital. It is a pink bear with a red tongue and still plays Brahm's lullaby when you twist the music box key on it's back. :) I also have about 100 spoons from different states and countries. I have a lot of videos (I collect the Disney ones also!) and CDs. I haven't actually added a lot to any of my collections over the last few years, for money and space reasons, not to mention my tastes have changed. I don't display my Eeyores or spoons anymore, and, my stuffed animals are in bags. I used to also collect animal figurines. They're in boxes, though. Oh, and, I have a few of my Breyer horses from when I was younger. :)

davidpizzica
05-20-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
Do you have Song of the South? We were able to get a European PAL version converted to VHS. It is a shame they won't sell it in the US

I used to collect beanie babies and have boxes of them inthe basement. I also collect music boxes, giraffes, Cherished Teddies and Tony Stewart cars. That one I would love to have, but I don't have one. that particular one is SOOO rare. It's like the holy grail of Disney tapes.

Twisterdog
05-20-2004, 11:19 PM
I collect:

Dogs ;)

Steiff teddy bears

McKee Skokie green glassware

Marbles

Fish net floats

Rocks

Sun, moon and/or star stuff

wolf_Q
05-21-2004, 12:19 AM
I have 3 huge boxes of beanie babies. I used to really collect them. Now I just buy the ones that I think are cute. :D

I have an enormous stuffed animal collection. It's ridiculous! Most of them are in totes in the basement and the HUGE ones are in a closet. I have all the wolf/husky ones in my room on a shelf. I think I posted a pic of them one time on here. I collect all sorts of wolf/husky items, not just stuffed animals. I have lots of calendars, books, figurines, etc. etc. etc.

I collect animal figures in general. I really like the Hagen-Renaker ones, I have quite a few of those.

I also have a pretty large collection of U2 items. I have shirts, posters, CDs (all of their albums + at least 30 singles and several live shows), movies, calendars, books, etc.

I apparently also collect dog toys as Nebo has hundreds of toys...Actually I have a large bag full of brand new dog toys that still have tags. I don't get it either. :p

Nomilynn
05-21-2004, 12:25 AM
Eeyore stuff (LOVE that little guy!!! :D), cat things but not too much.. if I let myself start a collection it can get out of hand. Mostly Eeyore stuff, now. I even have my room decorated in an Eeyore motif.. it's pale purple and I have huge stickies on the wall. I also have lots of little stuffies.. Lynne Stankard has even sent me a few (she's another Eeyore fan) and one from Tonya (Zippy) :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-21-2004, 06:52 AM
I collect:

Swarovski Crystal
Limited Edition Montblanc Fountain Pens
South African Limited Edition Proof Gold Coins
Shot / Tot Glasses from everywhere we visit or go on vacation

My hubby collects watches and scale-model Harley Davidsons

I WANT to start collecting Clarice Cliff porcelain, but havent found any nice pieces I can afford at the moment!!

Also in my kitchen I have loads of tins (they sometimes have items packed in tins instead of the regular boxes, and I always buy those)

and TONS of cat stuff - some I bought for myself, but other peopLE also buy me cat stuff for pressies!

cloverfdx
05-21-2004, 07:34 AM
Anything Border Collie. :eek: :D *Not at all suprising*

And i know weird, Rhinoceros'. I just love them and have over 100 stuffed toys, cards, jewlery etc.

honor_fl
05-21-2004, 08:00 AM
I collect Japanese kokeshi dolls. Someone brought me one from Japan ummm 35 years ago (ok ok I'm OLD) and I just loved it, and started searching for them. Until the internet came along they were very hard to find, but now they're on ebay all the time, and some other sites sell them too.

I like them because the good ones are always hand made and hand decorated, and each one is unique. They were originally made by farmers during the winter months for their children to play with, but now there are artists who just make kokeshi's.

I keep them in my office at work...I think I have somewhere around 100 of them.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid117/p1676a7025bd4a04457a9e227adfe0684/f898250a.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid117/pf526dbad2a17d274f1a9d739f75bf164/f898250d.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid117/p53f04bc5c5590e851cf667646b156658/f8982510.jpg

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-21-2004, 09:09 AM
Gee, those Kokeshi dolls are interesting - I think I feel a trawl around eBay coming on!!!!

honor_fl
05-21-2004, 01:01 PM
Oh no!! someone else to bid against!!!

:D :D

(I spend much too much money on these things)

BitsyNaceyDog
05-21-2004, 04:23 PM
I collect ladybug things. I love ladybugs. I even have a tattoo of a ladybug. I also kind of collect fairies. I only have a few but I want to collect more.

lizbud
05-21-2004, 06:22 PM
Oh, I really love the look of those Japanese kokeshi dolls.:)

I have a rather boring hobby of collecting coins. I've been
doing it since I was a child & have built up a neat collection
of old 'Indiana head' nickels & 'Mercury' dimes, etc.:D

QueenScoopalot
05-21-2004, 09:52 PM
I collect way too many neat things! Old steiff animals (I'll take some pics of my favorites) marbles, Victorian era trade cards, cat figurines (I have to thin them out very soon) :rolleyes: Too much stuff, but I love the antiques! :D

Twisterdog
05-21-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
I collect way too many neat things! Old steiff animals (I'll take some pics of my favorites) marbles, Victorian era trade cards, cat figurines (I have to thin them out very soon) :rolleyes: Too much stuff, but I love the antiques! :D

Ooooh, another Steiff and marble collector! Yeah! :D PM me and we'll compare collections!

dappledoxie
05-21-2004, 10:42 PM
I collect any kind of Dachshund stuff, dog/cat books, and The X Files stuff too. I used to collect frogs so I have quite a few frogs, lol!

Rio and Me
05-22-2004, 05:19 AM
I sort of collect Ty beanie babies but i sorted stoped when the animals came along and i enjoy spending money on them instead.
I love Antiques (i only have one) its a large dressing table with large mirror (will get a pic when i've got the mess of of it,lol) but when my boss's were moving (and we were good friends) they said what ever we dont want you can have, so i went to they house a pionted out what i wanted (all that i pionted out they were keeping) and were vauable antiques, i had no idea but they said you have a good Eye for them after that i was all the programs and think i want that,lol (never afford them though)
Ky

delidog
05-22-2004, 06:15 AM
I collect:
Swerofski Crystal
Waterforord Crystal
I used to collect albums...got to about 5000...had to stop...plus had to convert them to CD format....we're up to about 1000
so I guess its' easy to say I am a Music fiend...and always have been...

Breyer Horses
China & Crystal Horse figures...

Anything with Spots!!!! ;) :)

jonza
05-22-2004, 10:16 AM
Nowadays I only collect books (if Randi doesn't "clear them out"!), preferably atlases or encyclopędias.

When I was a kid, I collected cheese labels, but my mum forced me to throw them out since they were stinking up the whole house! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

RubyMutt
05-22-2004, 08:46 PM
I collect wolf items :)

I also have a rather large CD collection, but I don't really consider myself a cd collector. I'm starting a DVD collection as well (I used to primarily rent movies)

I also love and somewhat collect candles, incense and burners, lotus items, anything relating to my favorite band (Everclear), and tattoos :)

I would post some photos, but I have computer issues right now and I can't upload any photos until I get it all squared away :p

davidpizzica
05-22-2004, 10:44 PM
Rubymutt,what kind of dvds do you have? I have alot of them at home, like the Wizard of Oz, Fantasia, those type of movies.

Kfamr
05-22-2004, 10:54 PM
I don't collect much of anything...

Dog figurines, Candles.. Incense. That's about it.

My mom has a HUGE collection of Turtles. I could take pictures of them if you all are interested. :p

She also collects rocks.:o :p

sirrahbed
05-23-2004, 08:02 AM
Kfamr - I think YOU collect siggys and I LOVE this newest! Seems you make your own right? I also keep hounding kimlovescats for MY "collection" of siggys so I can have one for each season of the year to rotate!:D But yours - clever!! - the two *eyes* at the bottom! - very exciting and "eye-catching" - opps made a pun - not intended either!!:rolleyes:

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-23-2004, 08:09 AM
Debbie, Kay (kramr) just made my new sig and avatar - didn't she do a great job???

sirrahbed
05-23-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
Debbie, Kay (kramr) just made my new sig and avatar - didn't she do a great job???
ABSOLUTELY!! Kay has her trademark 3-D style and it is very pretty!!! Good work Kay!:D
wish I had some of this creative talent! :D

Lillycat
06-09-2004, 06:51 AM
cat stuff, old 78's, some glass, some old china

lynnestankard
06-09-2004, 07:38 AM
EEYORE!! I just love this guy and have a house full of his stuff - Don's beginning to wonder where it's going to end!! I used to keep them only in the bedroom but now he's crept into the lounge and the dining room!!

I collect anything and everything with cats on - oh how unusual!!! :D :D :D

Clarice Cliff china -I don't have many pieces but I'm so proud of the ones I do have.
I do have lots of 'modern' Cliff stuff - it's really good just not worth very much!!

Lynne

isis
06-09-2004, 10:01 AM
I collect Breyer horses.

countrycowgirl
06-09-2004, 10:08 AM
I COLLECT PILLOWS WITH HORSES ON THEM THEY AL GO IN MY WINDOW SIT AND I MAKE THEM SOMETIMES BUT WHEN EVER I GO ON TRIPS I GET A NEW ONE OR WHEN I FIND ONE THAT I HAVE TO HAVE :D

tikeyas_mom
06-09-2004, 11:16 AM
I collect rocks... pretty rocks.. :) I also collect husky stuffies ;).

EssTer
06-09-2004, 03:03 PM
I collect all horse stuff, but since I love siberian huskies I collect some stuff about uskies and wolves...