PDA

View Full Version : :eek: Oh No!!!! :eek:

Cookiebaker
05-19-2004, 06:51 PM
I wasn't sure where to put this, so I'm putting it in general.

I can't believe what happened here tonight. I was upstairs, and Mark, the dogs, and Marigold were downstairs. All of a sudden, I heard this *horrible* noise. :eek: It was a dog yelp, whimper, and then scream. It happened twice while I was running downstairs, and as I came to the kitchen it happened a third time.

Marigold, mellow Marigold was ATTACKING Emerson. She was on his back with all claws sunk into him. :eek: :( Mark was running after Emerson trying to get her off but he (Emerson) was just freaked out.

I just don't understand this!! Emerson is scared silly of Marigold and runs from her. He doesn't chase, play or bother her at all. And Marigold is used to being chased and bothered by Malone.

Emerson is so shook up now and cringing in the corner of the kitchen.

Marigold does have an ear infection right now, and on medication. Do you think that might have sparked this??

I'm just struggling to understand this, and I'm so afraid of future problems. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

I'm so sad and scared! :o

tatsxxx11
05-19-2004, 06:57 PM
Oh no:( How frightening for you and Mark and poor Emerson:( From my personal experience, having had kitties and doggies co-habitating for years, in a battle, the kitty usually wins. Have Marigold and Emerson ever shown any aggression before toward the other? Emerson may have innocently approached Marigold and she responded defensively. Definitely the ear infection/not feeling well, may have affected her response. It sounds as though she may be trying to re-enforce her role in the house heirarchy to the "newcomer." I'd keep them separated for a bit, if that's possible, then monitor their interactions, to see how they respond to each other. I've usually found that a dog will at all costs avoid a kitty he fears and usually, the kitty will choose to ignore him/her. Poor Emerson. I hope he's over his trauma soon.

captain
05-19-2004, 08:00 PM
Oh Dear! :(

I am sure it was because Marigold is not feeling herself .......

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} to Emerson (and YOU!)

Tina
05-19-2004, 08:08 PM
Oh,no:( Poor Emerson! It could have been because she was not feeling well.

My in-laws cat Friday she is plain mean to dogs. She has attacked dogs probably 10 times her size! I know of one time some person was at the in-laws house with there dog and she attacked him. The dog was so scared that it tucked its tail between its legs and hid behind its owner.

LOL Friday is different then any cat I have ever meet. I'm suprised that she gets along with their dog Boo.:eek: I think she stays as far as way from him though.

bluekat
05-19-2004, 08:20 PM
Ohhh I'm so sorry:( Poor Emerson...I hope Marigold doesn't do it again, I agree, maybe she just wasn't feeling too well.:(

NoahsMommy
05-19-2004, 09:29 PM
Oh my gosh! I bet that totally freaked you out, poor thing! :(

Give Emerson kisses for me, hopefully he'll feel better about the incident tomorrow.

Maybe Marigold was just having one of those days? It probably wont happen again, I bet Emerson will steer clear of her now.

Take care. :)

shais_mom
05-20-2004, 12:09 AM
Poor Emmers!!!
I think that poor Marigold not feeling well probably did it!
Poor Marigold also!
How did her ver appt go?
Kisses the the furry crew

luckies4me
05-20-2004, 12:33 AM
I thought Emerson was the beagle you found a long time ago? When did you get another dog? hehe I guess I should read Dog General more often. Poor boy, I bet he was scared. Kitties can sure do a number on a doggie if they want to.

ChrisH
05-20-2004, 06:02 AM
Oh, Anna, that must have been so scary! Poor Emmers.
I too am thinking, maybe even hoping, that it is the ear infection that has made Marigold act that way, and all will be well when that clears up. Hope so. Please keep us updated.

Chris

Fallon
05-20-2004, 08:01 PM
I've very sorry for all of you.. and I hope Emerson is alright. Marigold is probably just a little grumpy from her ear infection and the medicine.. maybe Emerson just got a little too close. You probably don't have to worry about it becoming a routine thing in the future. Everything will probably go back to normal, but Marigold may stay a bit grumpy until her ear is all better, which I hope is soon.