PDA

View Full Version : I encountered the saddest sight today

QueenScoopalot
05-19-2004, 05:49 PM
I've been stalking a mom cat for the last few days now, and narrowed down the area where I think her kittens are. Really gross, swampy area with a dumpster and junk thrown everywhere. I have been feeding her for a few days in the grass behind the dumpster, and she's there in an instant so I'm close to finding her kittens. I got there today and saw what I thought were dead kittens lying around the rubble surrounding the dumpster, but under closer examination it was four tiny raccoon babies. So sad to see them lying there dead, one in a puddle of water. :( :( :( I checked the area in case some live ones were nearby, but saw neither the kittens nor any more raccoons. I picked them up and put the four together in a box so I wouldn't have to see them being covered in flies doing what flies do. They must have been left behind by the mother last night, after I had left there. They were much too tiny to even be out of the nest yet, as I don't even think their eyes were opened up yet. So sad.:( :( :(

guster girl
05-19-2004, 05:57 PM
That is sad. I hope the mother is at least alright. :( Poor little souls.

rg_girlca
05-19-2004, 08:00 PM
Oh QS, I'm sorry you had to experience such a sad sight.
Bless you for putting the little babies in a box.
Good luck with the mama cat and finding her babies.

trayi52
05-19-2004, 08:26 PM
Jan, I know that was a heartbreaking thing to see. Poor little babies, I wonder what happen to them.

I hope you find the mother cat you are looking for.

Willie

leslie flenner
05-19-2004, 08:41 PM
I'm not sure what dumpsters your talking about- was it where we trapped linus? Why would 4 babie racoons all die together like that? Rabies? Is the mom you're stalking the grey and white or the Tuxedo?

QueenScoopalot
05-19-2004, 09:20 PM
Yes Leslie...Linus area, and all four raccoon babies were around the same area to the left, one poor baby in the water from the huge puddle there. And yes, grey and white mom cat. I heard her kittens crying this afternoon, and a distinct mama chirp yesterday.

kimlovescats
05-19-2004, 10:47 PM
:( Thank you for caring for their remains.

catlover4ever
05-20-2004, 07:29 AM
That is so very sad. Like Kim said "Thank you for caring" . I would have done the same thing. I just feel so bad when I see things like that.

I wish you luck in finding and rescuing the momma kitty.

catmandu
05-20-2004, 09:16 AM
Thank You , for doing the Christian thing , and one day , at the Rainbow Bridge , you will see The Racoons , andthey will thank you!