PDA

View Full Version : Got our fence!!!!!*Also have a question*

DogLover9501
05-19-2004, 03:53 PM
:D :D :D

I asked about fencing a little while ago on here, and said we were going to build one, but my dad measured our back yard and priced the green chain-link fencing, and my grandparents(who live with us--upstairs) made my parents let them pay for it :eek:!!

So we got it yesterday, and my dad had it up today, Jasper was only out for a little bit because it rained, but he had soooo much fun!!!

Anyway, I have a question, Jasper is VERY rough with the smaller dogs, he tries to play with them, but he jumps on them and hurts them, especially now with a fence, they basically have no way to get away from him, as before he was tied on.

How do we get him to stop hurting them?? I've been taking his collar and saying "NO" since we got him, and it obviously hasn't done anything, he does this whenever theyre loose, and even sometimes in the house.

Mostly to Wiggles, because Piddle stands up for himself(Jasper is sometimes scared of Piddle :o)

Any suggestions??

Thanks!!

Also I will have LOTS AND LOTS of PICTURES as soon as I get my camera(Monday or Tuesday)!!!!

:D

Corinna
05-19-2004, 04:26 PM
Jasper is still a puppy so he will have to be taught how to be gentle . If hes rough stop him and give him a time out , where he can see the others playing. He'll get it in time. Glad you got them a fence.

DogLover9501
05-19-2004, 06:04 PM
I hope he learns to be gentle, and gets more gentle with age, he walks all over everyone :o

BitsyNaceyDog
05-20-2004, 08:12 AM
I've never used it and don't know anything about it, but what about clicker training him. It might be worth looking in to. I don't know how much they cost, but you just saved a lot of money on your fence.

DogLover9501
05-20-2004, 08:14 AM
I have a clicker and stuff, because Jasper used to go to clicker training classes.

But how exactly would I do that?? If he's being rough with the dogs and stuff, I need to click someone he's doing right, but Im not sure how I'd clicker train him in that situation.

wolf_Q
05-20-2004, 11:50 AM
Nebo sometimes plays really nice with the smaller dogs and sometimes he doesn't. He usually tries to play really rough outside and he plays fine inside...so my solution was to never let the small dogs out with Nebo unless I'm outside to referee. You may have to just let Jasper outside separately.

DogLover9501
05-20-2004, 01:13 PM
Thanks Amy--that's what we've been doing, glad we're not the only ones going through this ;)