PDA

View Full Version : Check out my newest feral porch kitty

catcrazylady
05-18-2004, 05:33 PM
I was shocked to meet this little girl! I can't hardly tell her from Stubby! If I could get my hands on her and get her cleaned up I bet it would be hard to tell them apart!! Hubby would never be able to figure it out!!

Porch kitty
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid117/p4b7b883888da65c0828ecbae6d0cdf80/f89f9f45.jpg

Stubby (it's not a good pic of Stubby but you get the idea)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid117/pe50ea4609b2306546d5c56ff9f6625ad/f89f9f32.jpg

I really thought Stubby's momma was dead because I haven't seen her since last year but now I'm not so sure! I have to get this little lady trapped and fixed! I don't want any more porch babies!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/eek.gif

jazzcat
05-18-2004, 05:43 PM
Wow, they do look a like. With a regular healthy diet to shine up her coat I bet you couldn't tell the difference. So do you think she is a sibling from another litter or her mom? Can you guess her age at all?

catcrazylady
05-18-2004, 05:52 PM
I think she is fairly young but has had it kind of hard outside. Stubby's mom looked like Maggie Sue. I guess they could just have the same father or maybe not related at all but they sure have the same build and everything. I'm sure she will be pregnant soon if she isn't already.Good Grief, here we go again!!
I don't think she will be too hard to tame though because she doesn't run to far from me. She meows and wants that food NOW! I have been feeding her (and others) in the morning and in the evening so she is getting a good diet now. They get canned as well as dry. Hopefully she will start to fill out soon. She has been hanging around for about a week now.
I have got to get her to the shelter and get her spayed. I have a feeling that won't be an easy task. But then again, nothing ever is with kitties!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

QueenScoopalot
05-18-2004, 05:52 PM
YIKES! They do look like twins! I hope if the porch kitty is a female that she doesn't have a litter outside somewhere. Most cats have had a first litter around here, and the kittens are coming in by the bushels.:rolleyes:

catnapper
05-18-2004, 05:55 PM
Yikes! Stubby's long lost twin sister! Is it possible that they could be from the same litter? Shes a pretty little girl... let us know how trapping her goes!

Laura's Babies
05-18-2004, 05:57 PM
OH my gosh! She is BEAUTIFUL!! I would have to keep her, she is to pretty and to much a twin to let her go to far. (check your PM's CCL)

RedHedd
05-18-2004, 06:36 PM
Oh! She's SO cute! Reminds me of my RB Goldie. such a pretty little golden girl! Must smooch! :)

sirrahbed
05-18-2004, 06:45 PM
oh WOW - you aren't fooling here are ya? They sure do look identical. Is she also petite and with the stubby legs also??:eek: How DO all these cats find you??
hmmm....maybe I need to start leaving food out:D I haven't seen any strays though.

bluekat
05-18-2004, 07:26 PM
Wow they look identical!:eek: She's GORGEOUS, such pretty eyes:) Her and Stubby really look like twins.
Good Luck with her! And please keep us updated!

leslie flenner
05-18-2004, 09:32 PM
Yes! Put out some cat nip and see if she has nursed on nipples when she rolls over! You don't want to trap her if she's taking care of a brood. Then, if she is, you'll have to go find them! And then we'll have more kitten pics to look at! oh boy!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-18-2004, 09:57 PM
Stubby's long lost sister! Just think you could get her cleaned up and add her to the household, and as long as she and Stubby weren't in the same room at the same time as your hubby, he'd never know the difference! He might just wonder why Stubby doesn't always come when he calls her name. :D

As lovely as it would be to see more kitten pics, I really hope she's not pregnant already. Good luck with trapping her and getting her to the shelter to be spayed. And wow, even your porch kitties get canned food? T & P didn't get canned food until just about a year ago when I started giving it to them as a treat. And now it's a treat only. Me thinks somebody has some very spoiled porch kitties. ;) But I know they deserve it more then any others. :D

kimlovescats
05-18-2004, 10:11 PM
Lisa, she is gorgeous ... and wow, I bet she is related to our Stubby! Good look trapping this beauty!;)

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-19-2004, 05:14 AM
She is gorgeous! Good luck with trapping her! (I was having the same thoughts as T & P's Mom - if you can make sure they are in different rooms of the house hubby would not enev know you have another cat!!!;)

catcrazylady
05-19-2004, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
She is gorgeous! Good luck with trapping her! (I was having the same thoughts as T & P's Mom - if you can make sure they are in different rooms of the house hubby would not enev know you have another cat!!!;)

You guys are SO BAD!! The funny thing is you all are right! Hubby would remain in a state of confusion with that one. I can see him just scratching his head all the time thinking "Hmmm, didn't I just see Stubby in the other room?" It would be fun to try and pull that off BUT I don't want another cat! I CAN'T BELIEVE I SAID THAT!!! An alien just took over my body!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/eek.gif
Seriously though Magoo is all I can handle and I'm not sure I can even handle him! The last thing I need is another kitty to try to introduce to Magoo! She sure would be cute to have along with Stubby but my guess is that Stubby would beat her up anyway!! Little tiny, petite SNOT might think the new girl on the block is interested in HER Leroy!
The shelter is jammed full so I'm debating on how to handle this. I would like to take her and leave her for some socializing and a new home but on the other hand I know she will probably get sick and may be stuck there for months. I really don't want to TNR in the neighborhood because she has a good risk of getting hit by a car and winter will come and I have no place outside for her. I don't know what I'm going to do!

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-19-2004, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
She sure would be cute to have along with Stubby but my guess is that Stubby would beat her up anyway!! Little tiny, petite SNOT might think the new girl on the block is interested in HER Leroy!

LOL - tell me about it!!! Ally is a THIRD of Connor's size and weight, and she regularly beats him up".

On a more serious note, it DOES sound like you have a real predicament on your hands rewhat to do with her. No-one could ever expect you to take on any more challenges, with what you are going through with Mr Magoo! Do any of the other shelter volunteers have space for a foster at the moment.

I am in a similar state regarding a puppy which I had in my garden last weekend. He is at the shelter now, whilst we try to work out the logistics of having our yard fenced off etc. It actually looks like it may not be feasible, as my landlord is being sticky about erecting the fencing. (I have to keep some part of the garden "dog free" so that Kissy, Ginger and Dilly are not misplaced from their home by a new arrival). I am actually hoping that someone will adopt him, but to be fair there are MUCH "PRETTIER" pups at the shelter right now.

catlover4ever
05-19-2004, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy

- if you can make sure they are in different rooms of the house hubby would not enev know you have another cat!!!;)

I think that would work in my house right now because we have several black kitties hanging around our house right now and last night hubby and I were working on the camper and he started yelling at the cat that was going across the street. He's yelling Mystic get back here, you know your not supposed to go across the street!!!! I told him...you've lost it because she is sitting right behind you!!!!!

CCL - She is a real looker and I mean I had to do several double takes with each picture...I thought maybe I was seeing things. I wish you the best in trapping her and possibly re-homing her. We all know how full your hands are with Magoo.

catmandu
05-19-2004, 09:07 AM
She is BEAUTIFUL , and hopefully she can be tamed , fixed and Rehomed ,as that is no life, for a Cat , to be Homeless!Bless You , For CARING!

rg_girlca
05-19-2004, 06:41 PM
Wow, uncanny how Stubby and this little girl look alike.
I wish you luck CCL, in whatever your decision is to do with this cutie pie.