PDA

View Full Version : what a morning I had!

SandraDee
05-18-2004, 11:14 AM
Just thought I would share the kind of morning I had. I have done dog grooming from my home for the past 4 years. This particular dog I did this morning is a regular customer. While I was changing blades, he jumped off the table. I didn't see him land, but heard the thud as he hit the floor. I picked him up and put him on the table. He started to act very wierd! I thought, oh no! He has hurt himself! He stiffened up and raised his front legs towards his head. I thought I was going to have to run him to the vet. I held him close to my chest for a few minutes and he seemed to calm down a little. I put him back on the table and he seemed to come around. I let him walk around on the floor, so I could evaluate him a little better and he seemed to be doing better. Scared me, I tell ya!!!!!! I finished grooming him, meanwhile thinking about his name.....Rambo. I thought he was probably born around the time the movie came out, but couldn't remember exactly when that was. When the owner came to pick him up, I asked her how old he was. 21......yes, not a typing error....21 years old....people years, not dog years. I told her what happened and she said, "oh, he has seizures sometimes!" I was relieved it wasn't because of anything I did, but I wish I had of known ahead of time!"
What a morning!

MariaM
05-18-2004, 11:52 AM
21 :eek: :eek: :eek: Thats an OLD dog! =D Post some pictures next time he comes!

tatsxxx11
05-18-2004, 12:00 PM
Oh. what a frightening experience! I was glad to hear the little guy was ok. Wow, 21 years!!! What breed is he?

SandraDee
05-18-2004, 02:40 PM
He is a poodle/terrier mix. Apparently she has a friend/relative that has a similar mix that is 25 years old! can you believe it? Wow. He acts like an old dog, but I never would have guessed he was THAT old! I thought maybe 10 or 11.

Logan
05-18-2004, 02:48 PM
OMG!!!!! :eek: I'm sure you were freaking out when this happened, regardless of the age. I'm so glad everything was ok.