PDA

View Full Version : my new kitty loves me???

Peaches
11-02-2001, 10:57 AM
He has moved from under the sofa to in back of the sofa

from there to the dining room chairs under the table cloth

from there to the window behind the bed

from there to the bed

last night he was on the bed. I approached and petted him. He loves being petted. Pretty soon I was wondering if he's sane. He enjoyed the petting SOOOO much that he moved constantly, turned sommersaults, put his front down and his butt up (in my face). AND when I quit petting, he bit my hand!!!

He still isn't friendly most of the time .. or afraid, I guess. He seems to get along pretty well with the other cat. I just hope he isn't going to chomp on me whenever he wants to be petted.

purrley
11-02-2001, 11:58 AM
Sounds like your new baby is really coming around and as far as biting goes - sometimes cats just love to give love-bites even though they may be a little intense sometimes. My daughter's Siamese cat acts the same way - he'll be purring and rubbing against her and then all of the sudden out of the blue he bites her and pretty hard too. I don't know what to do to discourage this - just be aware and try to keep from being bit. I find this is really common in single cat households - my cats display similar behaviour but they usually give each other love bites and leave me alone :D

yorkster
11-02-2001, 05:31 PM
How old is your kitty? My 10 month old gives me little 'play bites'. I have found that instead of trying to pull your hand away (which seems to encourage biting), just RELAX your hand, and they lose interest. Then you can slowly pull your hand away. There is a reason for why cats do this, something that's intstinctive when they play/fight with each other. The cat that 'gives-up' or is defeated, relaxes to signal to the top cat to "let me go, you win!"
I can't explain it very well, I am sure that some of the other cat people here would do better (like 4 feline house or spencer).