PDA

View Full Version : My brother in laws dog had a stroke.

cubby31682
05-17-2004, 06:13 AM
Yesterday they were camping and they were down by the lake and Kodiak all of the sudden looked scared and couldn't walk correctly. My brother in law walked her back to the camper and after about half way back she started walking normal. He gave her an asprin. She will be going into the vet today I believe. She is back to her old self, and was playing last night when we went to see her to say our good byes. She is I believe 12 years old if not older. I will attach a photo of her and the family's RB dog Sampson, who we lost to cancer a few years back. Kodiak, is the black one with white legs, the bigger of the two. She was still a puppy in this photo even though it doesn't look like it. I am waiting to get a copy of the newer photos of her from my mother in law.

She has givin us all alot of smiles, laughs, and most of all alot of love. She is everyone of our ideal dream dog. With the love she gives to all of us. All of us know that this is the begining of the end, and she will be very sadly missed. We know she has lived longer than ever expected.

Canis Amicus
05-17-2004, 06:56 AM
It is very sad to think that a beloved companion animal after all that years, has to part from us. Indeed the good memories of the good times will live forever.

Rosana
and
Rex

Dot
05-17-2004, 08:33 AM
You might try 'Googling' for "old dog vestibular syndrome". Here are a couple of websites that discuss this scarey but temporary affliction:
http://www.golden-retriever.com/canine_vestibular_disease.htm
http://www.hartz.com/experts/vet/Vistibular.asp

:-Dot

tatsxxx11
05-17-2004, 08:36 AM
I'm so sorry:( Kodiak is such a beautiful pup and has been such a devoted friend and companion these many years. You said she was back her old self last night then mentioned going to the vet's today. Is this to have her checked or something else???:confused:

cubby31682
05-17-2004, 08:47 AM
It is to have a VERY good check up. I will check out the links that Dot has posted. Thank you very much for the links and the kind words. Wow I just read those links, it sounds just like what she went through yesterday. I will try to get ahold of them and let them know about these links.

tatsxxx11
05-17-2004, 11:31 AM
We're sending lots of love, hugs and positive thoughts your way, dear Kodiak! Hoping to hear some encouraging news from the vet!:)

ramanth
05-17-2004, 01:49 PM
So sorry for you and your BIL loss. :(