PDA

View Full Version : Kitty litter scramble

crazykat
12-19-2000, 07:21 PM
My cat is crazy. Get this. Just recently when he gets done doing his thing in the kitty litter box ... he jumps out and tears off across the floor .... scrambling for traction on the hardwood floor then speeds clear off to the other end of the house ... kitty litter and hair flying everywhere!!! I dont know why he does it but is sure funny ..... Anyone else with a crazy kitty litter scrambler?

Pam
12-19-2000, 09:23 PM
No nothing like that, but does anyone have a kitty that doesn't cover their "contributions" to the litter box? My daughter's cat doesn't believing in covering after he goes. On the other hand, my cat, Andy, covers furiously. He digs like a dog in the box and half of the litter winds up on the floor.

Laura
12-20-2000, 07:41 AM
All of my cats have done something similar to the running around you described. Bushes (my current co-owner) does a dance and then runs. She comes out of the box, shakes herself and does a Fred Astaire two-step. If I hear her scratching around in the box, I'll wait to see her do it. She dances then she tears off around the house like she's been liberated. She's very entertaining.

lhg0962
12-20-2000, 11:50 AM
Pam, to answer your question. YES!!!
Mimi doesn't use her litter box often as she is an indoor/outdoor cat and prefers to do her business outdoors. But, when it is too cold or we leave her indoors while we are out of town, she is forced to use the litter box. I swear she scratches everywhere but where she needs to. She has torn wallpaper, pulled toilet paper off the roll and all over the house, but refuses to cover her mess (either kind) http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/eek.gif. She scratches the tile floor in the bathroom, walls, and all around her business, but NEVER covers it up! It does make it easier to scoop out!

Merry Christmas from Mimi and Logan.

dogncatluvr
12-20-2000, 12:41 PM
Pam,

I've got 4 rescue cats and one of them does not cover up her "contributions" (nicely put)! I adopted her as a very skinny 4 month old kitten at Christmas, 13 years ago. They found her alone, and believe she was not properly raised by her mother, who would have shown her proper bathroom etiquette. She has never covered up, even with my 3 other cats showing her that they do it all the time. Note of interest: my other cats do not cover up her "contributions", only their own. I just clean up right away when I smell that smell!

4 feline house
12-22-2000, 03:42 PM
I had a kitty, Cosmo, who did like Mimi. I called him the "potty police" because he would go in and scratch and dig, scratch and dig. He did this even if he hadn't just used the box. He would cover up his and all the other cat's deposits. Then he would go in later and do it again. I had a very small bathroom and it was impossible to have the litter box far enough away from the toilet paper to prevent him from scratching the whole roll into it. We had to be careful not to leave any towels or clothes on the floor or even hanging within his reach or he would scratch them right into the box!

Tinkerbelle
01-16-2001, 11:34 AM
Tinkerbelle has never done anything like that, but refuses to do anything if people are in the room with her. She was litterbox trained by her mommy cat before we got her.

felixowner
01-17-2001, 04:44 PM
Felix is a big digger. Litter flies everywhere as he covers up his poop. Then he has to dig it up again to make sure it's still there, before he finally feels comfortable to cover it up a final time and leave the box. By the way, no inappropriate peeing for two months and counting.....