PDA

View Full Version : Animal Planet Expo Hits Florida!!

delidog
05-16-2004, 10:19 PM
I took Joey to Lake Worth (W.P.B.)
Today to attend Animal Planet Expo....we saw Every size and shape of Dog known to Dog kind...He really enjoyed himself....he is out cold on the couch as we speak...
They had exhibits,Frisbee Exhibitions,Pet Star was there holding auditions!!!
Emergency Vets had a booth,but no vets were there...Just a Lady handing out fliers...
Animal Precinct had a booth to get your dogs' I.D....not sure what that was...line was too long....
and Paws for a Cause was there...a Local Rescue Group...
They broke my heart...they had 3 Shep/Mixed Puppies there...all up for adoption....ALL 3 were Missing 1 or 2 legs....all hind legs....It was SOOOOOO SAD!!!!!
But they were Happy Little pups....and so Beautiful....
God,How I wanted to take them all and get them ALL little Carts...they had Nothing but Stubs where their legs should be...Oh how does This Happen??
I don't know if they were born that way or if it was abuse....I think I know...But didn't dare ask...The Pups got Tons of money in the donation box...I hope it helps them!!!
anyway...
It was a Nice Expo...other than that

I took a couple of pics...when Joey wasn't busy making friends!!!

delidog
05-16-2004, 10:22 PM
Heres' another

delidog
05-16-2004, 10:23 PM
more

dukedogsmom
05-16-2004, 10:24 PM
I sure wish I would have known about this. Would have loved to have gone!

Kfamr
05-16-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
I sure wish I would have known about this. Would have loved to have gone!

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing the pics though.

delidog
05-16-2004, 10:29 PM
one more

delidog
05-16-2004, 10:31 PM
Aww!!!
I thought everybody knew...Its' been advertised on T.V. for weeks...
Anyway,Look who Joey made Friends with ;) :)
I have to send to Fox-Gal!!!;) :) :D

delidog
05-16-2004, 10:33 PM
I have a Better one

delidog
05-16-2004, 10:34 PM
One More of this Beauty!!

Kfamr
05-16-2004, 10:41 PM
I don't watch TV often! :p

Fox-Gal
05-16-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by delidog
Aww!!!
I thought everybody knew...Its' been advertised on T.V. for weeks...
Anyway,Look who Joey made Friends with ;) :)
I have to send to Fox-Gal!!!;) :) :D

Awww, Brock's cousin. LOL :D What a cutie, I'd take him home in a sec. Put a little weight on him and spoil him rotton.

When I started reading this thread, I already had it in my mind to ask you if you saw/found any dane's there. I should have known you would. :D

I wish I had known this was going on, this would have been the perfect weekend for me to go. Next time tell somebody!!! Please, with suger on top. :D I never saw it once on the TV. Maybe I need to watch TV more. ;)

I'm gald you had a good time.

Moose
05-16-2004, 11:02 PM
Dang...I wish you had told us too! lol. I would have actually been able to go this time...with Josh and the dogs in tow. :p Psh...shame on you! ;):p:D

Kfamr
05-17-2004, 03:26 AM
We could have had a "mini/bigger than usual" PT meeting! :p :p
Wonder if they'll be around next year?

I never hear about these dog events until the last minute, and then it's too late for me to go. I really need to watch more TV!:p

delidog
05-17-2004, 05:25 AM
I am SOOO Sorry Guys!!!I should have thought of that!!!:o
Especially seeing how everyone was available,and it was being held both Sat.&Sun....
I guess when looking at where you all live,I thought it a bit far...
:o
Fox-Gal would be the closest,and thats' a Good 150 miles for her!!
:eek:
I will keep you in better Updates I promise!!!!
We have alot of Dog Events down here...I am about 1 hour from The South Florida Fairgrounds.....
They are Always having Dog Shows,Agility Exhibitions,Fly Ball Tournaments.....I will have to be the So.Fl.RePawter I guess!!!;)
Again,I offer my Most Humble Apologies....

Every Dog I saw there,I thought of You Guys!!!
There was a Beautiful Black Standard Poodle...Pam
There was a Min Pin on Almost everybodys' shoulder!!!! Fox-Gal
Valerie....Every Relative Duke has ever known was there!!!
And Well Kayann....there were enough Pitties..of All shapes and Sizes...and beautiful coloring...there was one who was a Pit/Bassett Mix....Now That Was Funny!!!
Moose....there were some Beautiful Labbies there....and Dobies too!!!There was a Massive Choc.Lab....he was 2x Joeys' size...
And of course there were 2 Great Danes....The Beautiful Black one I showed you....Fox-Gal,He was only 8 mo.Old!!!;) :)
And a Beutiful Brindle!!!
I spent All Day Drooling!!!!
There were 2 Chows there,1 was Huneys'Color....1 was Brwn./Blk.
and Greyhounds Galora!!!!
Oh I could go on & On!!!
But Anyway...I promise to keep you guys updated of the Goings on Down Here from Now On!!!!!;) :) :D

dukedogsmom
05-17-2004, 06:20 AM
I watch quite a bit of tv and never saw the commercial at all. They probably don't come here every year but don't know. Glad you had a good time.

Moose
05-17-2004, 06:21 PM
Alright, well I guess we'll have to let this one slide this time...we can forgive you just this once. ;):p:D

Moose....there were some Beautiful Labbies there....and Dobies too!!!There was a Massive Choc.Lab....he was 2x Joeys' size...

Ah, I really wish I had been there to see them! I would have loved to give that Chocolate Lab a huge hug! :D:D

Well, at least you had fun. ;):p:)

Fox-Gal
05-17-2004, 06:48 PM
MinPins Great Danes, next you'll tell me there was Boxers too!!!! I would have been in dog heaven.

It's really not that far for me, only about 1 1/2. I've done that drive just to go to the Fresh Produce store. (clothing store, not veggs. )

Next time thats a great idea to have a PT meet at a pet expo. We can all drool toghter and some one will be there to talk some sence into me when I want to take a Dane home. ;) ;)

Of course if you want to take one home, I'll be right there talking you into it. :p :p :D

delidog
05-17-2004, 07:51 PM
Oh My Dog!!!!
I almost forgot,I saw at Least 1 doz. Boxers...All Colors!!!!
White Brindle....Heres' a Pic of The Beautiful Black Dane,Nudginga Brindle Boxer out of the Dog Pond!!!!:D :p :)

delidog
05-17-2004, 07:53 PM
O.K. So the Boxer Looked like He Had Never Missed a Meal!!;) :D

delidog
05-17-2004, 07:55 PM
That Man Got in The Way;) :D

Fox-Gal
05-17-2004, 10:14 PM
Oh My Dog!!!!
I almost forgot,I saw at Least 1 doz. Boxers...All Colors!!!!
White Brindle....Heres' a Pic of The Beautiful Black Dane,Nudginga Brindle Boxer out of the Dog Pond!!!!:D :p :)

Uh Huh!!! Boxers too. What are you trying to kill me??!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

I sat home all weekend, sense the husband was out of town, bored out of my mind and your off having fun with Danes, MinPins and Boxers etc. I'll remember that. :p ;) Just picking

If they ever come back again, I'm there, if someone I know informs me. ((hint hint));)

Thanks for the pictures they are great. I want that Dane!!! :D

delidog
05-17-2004, 10:27 PM
Fox-Gal,
Yes it was Doggie Delightful!!!!
I forgot...I stopped counting the j.Russels,collies,shelties,and Every Combo of Muttdom imaginable...
I wish I got a pic of the Pit/Bassett mix...I was embarassed to ask...Cause the Owner Looked Just Like Him!!!!!
It was Hysterical!!!!!

Yes,I know now that I did Wrong....I PROMISE to post whenever I hear of a Doggie event of ANY sort here!!!!

There wass even a Doberman that was I guess they call Lemon...or White....He was an odd color and had blue eyes...I thought he was Catahoula...Till I looked at his frame and snout...very interesting...
Did I mention how many Aussie sheperds,Cattle Dogs,Catahoulas',Rottweillers....Oh Stop me Please....

It was Doggie Delightful!!!!!!

Next Time I will Personally Drag YOU Along!!!;) :) :D
So I have someone to talkSense into Me when I go to Adopt that Dane....;) Yeah Right!!!!;) :) :D
Danes of a Feather!!

Fox-Gal
05-17-2004, 11:52 PM
Fox-Gal,

Next Time I will Personally Drag YOU Along!!!;) :) :D
So I have someone to talkSense into Me when I go to Adopt that Dane....;) Yeah Right!!!!;) :) :D
Danes of a Feather!!

I'll hold you to that. But do you really think I'm the person you want to talk sense into you when it comes to getting a Dane?? Yeah sure, I'll talk you out of it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) :D lol

Kfamr
05-18-2004, 12:03 AM
I'm not sure many PT'ers would try and talk someone out of adopting a dog... I think it'd be the other way around. :p

delidog
05-18-2004, 04:49 AM
But I could be convinced on "How to Properly Adopt a Dane";) :)

delidog
05-18-2004, 07:59 PM
I sure hope that Captain sees that Beautiful Dane!!

honor_fl
05-18-2004, 08:26 PM
gosh, I never heard anything about this, and I live 10 minutes away :(( We would have loved to go

delidog
05-18-2004, 08:52 PM
You're Kidding,Honor,Fl....
it was Held in John Prince Park in Lake Worth....
You must be in W.P.B. or Boynton
It was posted on 95,6Th ave.,Forest Hill,by the zoo...and other strategic spots....and like I said,Their T.V. Commercialshave been on for almost a month....
I can't believe I didn't post This!!!:o
I Really Am Sorry!!!
Could have been a great Pet Talk Gathering....there are great Pavillions,Picnic Tables,etc. there...
Stupid Me!!!!!:o ::eek:

honor_fl
05-19-2004, 12:25 PM
I'm in west palm, and live across the street from the zoo. Maybe I'm just oblivious :o

Anyway, hopefully we can all meet one day, that would be fun :)

delidog
05-19-2004, 09:36 PM
Gotcha'
That would be Great...They have a Lot of Nice Events at Dreher Park...Maybe if you see something interesting,You could let us know???
Thats' a Cute little zoo...Love the Capybira...Did you live there when one escaped and ran rampid through West Palm for like two Weeks??? They found her playing in the fountain at the airport!!!!
It was Front Page News!!!!
(And Richard talks abouth The Land of the Easily Amused!!!!)

It would be Great if we could ALL get together sometime!!