PDA

View Full Version : Yay Kaedyn!

binka_nugget
05-16-2004, 10:13 PM
We went to an open house for our trainers' new store today and had a blast! Sorry, I forgot the camera so no pictures but Kaedyn was such a good boy, I'm so proud of him. :D

For those who don't know, Kaedyn was extremely dominant back in September (when we first got him). We were close to bringing him back to the pound because we couldn't work out the problems and both dogs were miserable. But we decided to try out some basic obedience classes with a trainer who runs a gsd rescue that we almost adopted from. He went from being extremely dominant and nipping at the slightest threat of his pecking order to being the best in the obedience class.

Another one of his problems was lunging at people. It all started a couple months ago. I'm not sure what triggered him to start doing that but he has improved on that as well. He still does growl (mostly at men) but with a slight correction, he stops and it's been getting a lot better.

And yet another one of his problems was barking at everything (well technically, nothing). He'd bark when he saw a cat, a person passing by but also barked for no obvious reason. He has also stopped doing this after I setted up a little trap. The trap was basically a flat piece of cardboard on the window ledge with a can filled with rocks on top. After jumping onto the trap a couple times, he stopped and therefore, the barking stopped.

So anyways, at the open house today, he didn't lunge at a single person or make the slightest growl. There were at least 10 other dogs there running around off leash and about 20-30 people. So as you can imagine, it was packed. He was SUCH a good boy! He didn't make a single noise when he saw the other dogs jumping up for balloons, chasing each other or even at the kids running around! I thought I'd take advantage of the distractions and practice obedience there. He listened to every command and ignored everything else. :D Words can not describe how proud of him I am right now.

ehehe..pointless thread but I thought I'd share. :D

jenfer
05-16-2004, 10:55 PM
Kaedyn, you are such a good boy. :D Good job.

Ash, I am happy for ya. :)

Moose
05-16-2004, 11:05 PM
Aww, good boy Kaedyn! :)

Karen
05-16-2004, 11:05 PM
Biscuits all around!

Nomilynn
05-16-2004, 11:14 PM
Great news! :)

slick
05-16-2004, 11:20 PM
I was growled at and nipped at, the first time I met Kaedyn. This is such great news Ashley!!!:) :) :) Congratulations for "sticking with it" and you can surely take some of the credit. Please give the pups kissies from me.

binka_nugget
05-16-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by slick
I was growled at and nipped at, the first time I met Kaedyn. This is such great news Ashley!!!:) :) :) Congratulations for "sticking with it" and you can surely take some of the credit. Please give the pups kissies from me.

Will do Vickie!

I remember that.. he was such a little bugger. :p

BCBlondie
05-17-2004, 02:25 AM
:D :D :D I'm sooo proud of your boy!!:D You've done such a great job with him! You'll make an excellent dog trainer!! (will I be able to get free lessons? ;) :p ) hehehe