PDA

View Full Version : Pics of Mr. Magoo killing his toy chicken!

catcrazylady
05-16-2004, 09:00 PM
For all the complaints I have posted about the little guy I thought it was high time I showed his good side. Magoo and his daddy are on the floor playing with his toy chicken. The goal here is to release some of that aggression and energy onto the toy. He has so much fun with this and he may be blind but let me tell you he never misses when he goes for the chicken!!

Without further ado, here is Mr. Magoo! (Hey! I made a rhyme!)
Ok, here he is.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid116/p4d175d585aa1cded0737801449c8173f/f8a5dcee.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid116/pe271d525984d60740c1b8e84277e409a/f8a5dcdb.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid116/p3150e603946142e65cdfc6faf0e0f9f8/f8a5dc17.jpg

Where's that chicken?!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid116/p946ac26c2728ba4ab8694262a9195bb2/f8a5dcc0.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid116/p5fa28473ce6c58d9d13f800afa878588/f8a5dc8f.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid116/p515f92db50257135be0700d0743a2697/f8a5dc7c.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid116/p49ad79ac03b7495c3de34adf4f46ef94/f8a5dc40.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid116/p5f96faf456969334eda532263a492bd8/f8a5dbe8.jpg

After all the chicken attacks he rests
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid116/p0bf24854cc4328fef6697062db9291b2/f8a5dbfa.jpg

And gets some attention from his daddy
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid116/pfb6ec8a4dc660d6deda9f354a5c426b5/f8a5dc55.jpg

I really wanted everyone to see that we do give Magoo some positive attention. I know you all knew that but I feel like I complain about him so much and I just wanted you all to see how much fun he can be.

Oh, I had a serious talk with the hubby tonight about what we are going to do with Magoo. I'm proud to say that hubby put his foot down and said that NO WAY IS MAGOO GOING BACK TO THE SHELTER!!! I love it when they get macho in the right direction! He really has become attached to the little guy and suddenly having a big cage right in the middle of the tv room doesn't seem as bad as it used too! Hubby even said...Maybe months from now things will be better!! I couldn't believe it! He really has been hearing all the things I have said!!!
So it looks like Magoo is staying and I will be praying that hubby is right and months from now this will all have been a bad nightmare!

slick
05-16-2004, 09:22 PM
Wow, that's great news CCL!!!! Welcome again to your furrrever home Mr. Magoo. Now if only we could settle you down a bit and understand that humans just want to love you and take care of you.

You look so sweet and loving in those pictures. Who would know what lurks behind that mind of yours.

catnapper
05-16-2004, 09:28 PM
Great news! He looks so sweet and loving. Lets keep our paws crossed that he relaxes in time and learns to be nice to you and his kitty brothers and sisters.

Fox-Gal
05-16-2004, 10:21 PM
Magoo is a real cutie.

Thats wonderfull news that Magoo gets to stay. I always love it when I heard about a husband with a soft heart.

kimlovescats
05-16-2004, 10:24 PM
Boy, do I feel all warm and fuzzy inside!!!! What wonderful news!!! Your hubby sounds very much like mine, Lisa. Just when I think he has gotten "too much" of a good thing .... he surprises me and keeps on "keepin' on"!!!!!

The pictures of Magoo are priceless... he really does enjoy playing with Daddy! :D I think maybe a big cage in the middle of the room, might just be a grand idea!;)

Barbara
05-17-2004, 03:45 AM
Mr Magoo LOOOVES to kill that chicken! He's an energetic boy and I am sure it helps to play a lot (just like with a skinkid whom you put in a football team to help him act with his force;) )

It's so great that both of you aren't giving up:)

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-17-2004, 05:46 AM
WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS!!!

I am so excited for you guys and Mr. Magoo!!

He looks like he is having so much FUN playing with his chicken!!.. I am sure after some time he will know he is completely safe at your house and things are going to work out just fine!!:D

PayItForward
05-17-2004, 06:03 AM
I am surprised that Mr Magoo is staying but happily surprised.

All the best with him, love the chicken killer pictures. He looks very happy :)

Randi
05-17-2004, 06:44 AM
This is the best news I've heard in a long time!! :D I'm so glad that you have decided to keep Magoo. It sounds like he's really got attached to your husband. :) Seeing him play is so wonderful! This is exactly what he needs. I'm sure that in a few months, he'll feel safe with you and the kitties too - and hopefully, he'll want to lay in your lab. :)

I love the pictures! He looks like a happy kitty now! :D

catcrazylady
05-17-2004, 07:16 AM
I was as surprised by hubby's response as anyone else. I knew there may be some hope but that it was going to take as much as a year and I didn't think hubby would hold out. I'm still not convinced that Magoo will ever really socialize with the other kitties but with time and pt prayers a miracle just may happen. The conditons at the shelter for Magoo were more than hubby could bear and he knows as well as I do that he will be hard to adopt out and he would just fade away at the shelter.
I have been discouraged and aggravated with the way things have been going but I guess deep down I didn't feel like hubby was going to tolerate this whole mess for as long as it may take. I do push him to the limits at times with all the cat issues! Even though I don't do well with taking no for an answer I do occasionally listen to his input since he does live there to!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif I'm so headstrong and passionate about animals that I do things with or without his backing a lot of times.
He truly is an old softy and maybe it is good that Magoo bit me and hubby had to become the main caregiver. They certainly bonded!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif Like I said before, I don't think that this is a great life for magoo but it beats the shelter and maybe someday his future will be better and he can free roam. Even if he has to be caged during the day for the rest of his life but can be free in the evenings I will be very happy.
Keep praying everyone! At least I don't feel a time pressure anymore! We still have some tough days ahead but maybe, just maybe......

Steffi N
05-17-2004, 07:43 AM
I am glad Mr Magoo will be staying.
He looks like he is having a great time with his chicken

Kirsten
05-17-2004, 07:44 AM
Ahhh, he's having a blast with that chicken!!!

That's wonderful news about Mr. Magoo and your hubby! It's easy to see from the last pic that Magoo really enjoys to have your hubby as a caregiver.

Kirsten

catlover4ever
05-17-2004, 08:00 AM
CCL, that is wonderful news. I loved seeing the pictures of Mr. Magoo playing with his chicken. He sure does have fun with it.

Vio&Juni
05-17-2004, 08:00 AM
I really love this picture!

Where's that chicken?!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid116/p946ac26c2728ba4ab8694262a9195bb2/f8a5dcc0.jpg

WE ALL KNEW that Mr. Magoo gets positive attention.

I am glad your hubby is doing the best to keep him. Finally, after having his aggression directed to a toy, maybe in a few months he will learn tio live in a house with many kitties.

sasvermont
05-17-2004, 08:05 AM
CCL, I am glad that things have settled down a bit for Mr. Magoo and you! I hope he continues to be on his best behavior and things work out totally! Your husband sounds like one of the best! Thank him for us. Thank you too. I bet Mr. Magoo will give up his mean guy routine, once he has a positive routine in his life. You are all headed in the right direction.

QueenScoopalot
05-17-2004, 08:06 AM
What a gem of a husband you have Lisa! Lucky Magoo too. :D That's a great idea letting him get out his pent up energy by chicken killing! Hope that things settle down in your little corner of the world, and that eventually everyone can live in harmony.;) I've been wondering if maybe Magoo was once owned by an abusive woman, and is associating women with past torment? I rescued a dog years back that was left chained to a radiator in an apartment. No food or water, and a heavy dresser shoved against the only un-locked door. The dog was emaciated and the sorry excuses for humans moved on with their crack addicted life-styles never looking back. :mad: "Radar" as I named him for his huge oversized ears was highly aggressive toward womne, and especially brown haired ones as "Dot" had. He was adopted by a man who cherishes the dog, and it was a few years before Radar would let women approach him.:eek: My little old "Tasmanian terrier" Maggie was much the same. She would go no where near any man for a long time, hubby included! It took a long time for her to learn to trust men. Animals remember their bad experiences! That could be why Magoo is in love with hubby, and not you (yet).:confused: Time heals wounds though! :) ;) :)

catcrazylady
05-17-2004, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by sasvermont
CCL, I am glad that things have settled down a bit for Mr. Magoo and you! I hope he continues to be on his best behavior and things work out totally! Your husband sounds like one of the best! Thank him for us. Thank you too. I bet Mr. Magoo will give up his mean guy routine, once he has a positive routine in his life. You are all headed in the right direction.

You are to be thanked for the hope that I have. You really pushed for the meds and made some wonderful points to help keep me on the right track. It is so easy to get lost in the guilt and fear that you are going to do something wrong. You really brought me around and got me focused. I do believe the meds will help to calm him and the vet has left me in charge with the amount that he gets. I finally feel like I'm back in charge and this little blind furry cutie pie is going to learn this! He is certainly not handicapped but very handicapable!!!
Everyone has been so supportive but you really hit some points with some of your past experiences that helped me alot. Thank you so much and Magoo owes you a giant THANK YOU Sasvermont!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Laura's Babies
05-17-2004, 08:29 AM
Aweeee CCL, these pics brought tears to my eyes! Plain and simple, he is just a normal kitty and those pictures show that, and he is such a beautiful boy! It just breaks your heart to think, he started out as a sweet adorable kitten and life did that to him Now you are trying to undo some of that and give him the life he should have had from day 1.

I really think he will settle down as he learns to trust and as he settles down, so will your household. That just takes time. He is one kitty that has really grabbed my heart, BIG TIME! (As he is in my heart, he will always be in my prayers)

Felicia's Mom
05-17-2004, 08:29 AM
I am glad he gets to stay with you. I also hope all the cats get along together. :)

CatMama78
05-17-2004, 08:47 AM
that's good news!! Maybe time is all it will take. If you think about how long it takes a "non-handicapped" (I use the term loosely cause we all have our handicaps, so to speak) kitty to adjust to a home full of other cats...and then throw in a special situation Kitty such as Magoo, it make sense that it might take a month, 2 or even three to get to a point where everyone is comfortable with each other. Poor Magoo is just a little lost, but very grateful. I truly hope the situation works itself out, I'll keep you and Mr. Magoo and all your cats in my prayers. You're doing a good thing and I much admire your commitment and kindness to Magoo.

catmandu
05-17-2004, 08:51 AM
The found Cats are so Gald that you are giving Scrappy Paddigtom Magoo , the time , that he needs to adjust , and we th9ink , that he might suprise you , and be about thr=e nicest Cat going! Prayers are coming and we hope that he adjusts , SOON!

catcrazylady
05-17-2004, 09:10 AM
Thank you all for so much support!! I swear I couldn't have made it this far without all of you!!!!!!!!
QSAL-I have been wondering about the abuse thing too. I have decided that he either lived with a nasty woman or I remind him of the shelter. He got to know me there and I wonder if that is a bad thing to him. He wasn't nuetered so I have no idea what type of home life, if any this little fellow has had. It's obvious that he has been around people because he loves to be petted and scratched. He responds well to all human contact until he has had enough or if he is in a foul mood. He even wanted pets and scratches from my niece and nephew this weekend. They are 3 and 6 so they are not like the quietest things! Of course I only allowed minimal touching through the cage with no fingers near the face! They are fascinated by him and he seemed just as interested in them. Of ocurse lurking in that head of his could have been the thought about how good young flesh would taste!!! You just never know with him!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-17-2004, 10:13 AM
I am so glad your hubby has agreed to give Mr Magoo some time! The pics of him playing are adorable!

(((HUGS))) to all of you!

ramanth
05-17-2004, 10:21 AM
Great news indeed! Magoo is so cute. :)

RICHARD
05-17-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
I'm proud to say that hubby put his foot down and said that NO WAY IS MAGOO GOING BACK TO THE SHELTER!!! I love it when they get macho in the right direction!

Because the thread is about Mr Magoo I am not going to
make my usual comments about male bashing.........;)

Patience-it's not just a virtue.

It's a second chance!

NoahsMommy
05-17-2004, 11:30 AM
Yay! That's great news! :)

He sure is an adorable thing, isn't he???? I love all these pictures.

sirrahbed
05-17-2004, 02:12 PM
So glad things are looking better with ole Scrappy Magoo! Which med did they end up giving him??
That is the neatest thing about your hubby too:D Funny how things work out.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-17-2004, 03:19 PM
Oh Lisa, I'm so happy to hear the good news! I was worried after the last peeing incident that your hubby had had enough, but I see that inside he's just a big softie too. :)

I think you will feel better about all of this now too because I think that you doubting hubby's commitment was putting a lot of stress on you. Not only were you wondering if you were doing the right thing for Maggo, yourself and your kitties, but you were always wondering when the day would come when hubby would say enough is enough and he has to go. Now you know that you can put that worry, at least, to rest.

Magoo is just such a cutie and he is so adorable killing his chicken - great idea by the way.

{{{hugs}}} to you and hubby for putting up with so much and trying so hard for this poor dear/monster of a kitty. ;) :D

leslie flenner
05-17-2004, 08:46 PM
Wow! Magoo in a home at last! Did you tell him the news? how goes the pee problem with someone else? What med is magoo on? I'm very curious to know if he's on an antidepressant as that is what is typically prescribed for aggression (buspar is popular)- if it's an antidepressant- i believe it takes 2 weeks to reach a theraputic level. I don't believe valium is used at all anymore. And definately hope that rescue remedy helps the entire household including magoo! (jan says it helped a previously nasty siamese female that she is fostering, has been fostering for some time now). I've never used it and wonder if there are studies.. (off track here). I am so glad that your husband likes magoo so much- kudos to him and good luck to you both- like you said, it's going to be some time before magoo accepts other cats but hopefully, in time, he will! In the meantime, give him a colony of chickens to do battle with! rub them on your cats so he can smell them and beat them up and be done with it once and for all!