PDA

View Full Version : I saw a horrible thing yesterday...

Dogz
05-16-2004, 07:27 PM
My cousin was over, and he was watching America's Funniest Home Videos. Usually, I do not watch this show because of the animal cruelty and such.

Well, one of them was just horrible. It was a video of a boy with his rat, outside. He was holding the rat, and the dad was talking in the background. The boy says, "Here, let me put him on top of the cage." The dad replies, "Yeah, sure, he can play a little bit up there."

The next thing you know, this hawk (?) comes and swoops down and picks up the rat.

What is funny about that?! :mad:

It was horrifying, and I will make sure I NEVER watch that show ever again. :mad:

CamCamPup33
05-16-2004, 07:39 PM
:( Omg.. How sad..

Poor rat.. :(

carole
05-16-2004, 07:39 PM
I have to agree with you on this one, I don't find half of the stuff on there particularly funny, it's either young kids getting hurt, or animals, really stupid stuff, I thought maybe it was just the difference in our humour, but no I see a lot of people find this NOT AMUSING.

slleipnir
05-16-2004, 07:44 PM
I don't watch that show for that reason. They have all kinds of things that are 'funny' but all it is, is someone or something getting hurt..don't see how that's funny :o

victoria
05-16-2004, 07:52 PM
thats just horrable that is not funny:mad: how can people laugh at that:confused: people like my cousin laugh at that too it maks me angry :mad: how would they like some thing like that to happen to them :eek: they make me sick i never watch that show because of it:rolleyes: im sorry im just getting really really mad:(

Karen
05-16-2004, 07:53 PM
Everyone should write to the show and complain. If you remember any of the commericals that were played during the show, write to them, too. Hit them where it hurt$ - the wallet.

I have never found the show amusing - it's too often people, babies or animals getting hurt. This is funny how???

CamCamPup33
05-16-2004, 07:57 PM
Err - it wouldn't let me edit my post so..

If you don't mind me sharing a story emma..

Friday, while i was sitting in reading me and the group that i sit in were talking about chips.. (Dont ask) and i was saying how if you put a doritio bag in the microwave it kind of 'shrinks up' and then one of the group members come out saying "Ever put a hampster in a microwave? They blow up! It's sickk"

?! I was soo speachless..

Ignorance.. Err..

Dogz
05-16-2004, 07:58 PM
Good idea, Karen. Someone should write up a petition, and send them all to the show.

Also, there was a video where two kittens were coming down the stairs, and one of the kittens fell. The kittening was ROLLING, head over heels, down the stairs. :( It was so sad.

(May I add there was a video that was basically the same thing, only with children. :()

Dogz
05-16-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33
Err - it wouldn't let me edit my post so..

If you don't mind me sharing a story emma..

Friday, while i was sitting in reading me and the group that i sit in were talking about chips.. (Dont ask) and i was saying how if you put a doritio bag in the microwave it kind of 'shrinks up' and then one of the group members come out saying "Ever put a hampster in a microwave? They blow up! It's sickk"

?! I was soo speachless..

Ignorance.. Err..

WHAT?! :(

How can someone even think of something like that? Arg. :mad:

CountryWolf07
05-16-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
I don't watch that show for that reason. They have all kinds of things that are 'funny' but all it is, is someone or something getting hurt..don't see how that's funny :o

Ditto.. I can't stand watching it.

Amber
05-16-2004, 08:23 PM
That is just terrible!

I hate that show.....I don't see how it's funny when some animal gets hurt!

Ever seen the one were the tiel got like half of its feathers pulled out by the baby, and everyone laughing? Poor birdie....

Fallon
05-16-2004, 08:44 PM
Gee that is horrible. That sounds more like something you would see on a freak show. Don't tell me you heard people laughing in the background too? That's so frustrating how they could show that on something that's supposed to be funny.

NoahsMommy
05-17-2004, 01:31 AM
I've only seen the show a couple of times, its pretty corny.

What I don't get is why that rat/hawk thing is even considered "funny"??? Its more of a horrifying expereince for the kid...

:(