PDA

View Full Version : One flew over the cat's nest....

slick
05-16-2004, 06:46 PM
This is so awesome. Last night I was trying to brush Speckles on the deck and obviously some cat hair was left behind. This morning I noticed these little birds landing on the deck and picking up the leftover hair. I guess they are using it to make a nest.

So before the "Max thing" I combed Max and put a handful of hair out there and all afternoon I've been watching birdies come and go picking up all the hair.

Go figure, a bird's nest made of cat hair. :confused:

trayi52
05-16-2004, 07:10 PM
They are going to have one comfy nest, when they get done with that one. Just think how comfy and warm those little baby birds are going to be!

Oh, how proud Speckles is going to be! Speckles is going to be a godparent to some little baby birds!

Willie:D

binka_nugget
05-16-2004, 08:26 PM
I wonder if they'll use dog hair.. I've got plenty to spare. :p

Fallon
05-16-2004, 08:48 PM
Hehe how nice that the birds are putting the hair to good use. Maybe they'll have a nice, soft, comfy nest from it too. Interesting.

Kfamr
05-17-2004, 03:29 AM
I've heard of animals doing that before, and even people leaving their dog brushings outside for the birds.

It must be so cute to watch the birdies pick up the fur and such. :D

Randi
05-17-2004, 06:49 AM
Isn't that wonderful, a bird nest made from cat hair. There'll be some little birdies with a very soft bed. :)