PDA

View Full Version : Litter box training

Corinna
05-30-2001, 04:52 PM
Hi there all ! I am usually on the dog talk but my daughter left me with a bit of a problem. I'm watching her cat . He's been an inside cat due to several reasons mostly hes not use to Montana weather. He's a year old H I have actually had him most of his life, (as soon as she can find a place to live ,she takes him back yeah!) Don't get me wrong but we have a cat and lots of other pets he just won't leave our poor old 11 year old cat alone.
The problem is now that it's summer and nice he goes out side but, he holds his duty until hes back in the house and uses his litter box. I would love to get rid of the box.we've never had to have one for the old boy (excpt when we go away and leave him locked in the house forr a couple of days.he's always wanted to go out to do his thing. How do I teach this fur ball to go outside is ok? Corinna

Bliss
06-20-2001, 03:23 AM
My cat does this occasionally, I always have a tray inside - just in case (I'm out quite a bit). You could try moving the litter tray outside completely, or gradually move it outside. Failing that, just get rid of the tray and keep an eye on the kitty. If he looks as if he's going to do anything, put him out. He should soon catch on!
Good luck
http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

Originally posted by Corinna:
Hi there all ! I am usually on the dog talk but my daughter left me with a bit of a problem. I'm watching her cat . He's been an inside cat due to several reasons mostly hes not use to Montana weather. He's a year old H I have actually had him most of his life, (as soon as she can find a place to live ,she takes him back yeah!) Don't get me wrong but we have a cat and lots of other pets he just won't leave our poor old 11 year old cat alone.
The problem is now that it's summer and nice he goes out side but, he holds his duty until hes back in the house and uses his litter box. I would love to get rid of the box.we've never had to have one for the old boy (excpt when we go away and leave him locked in the house forr a couple of days.he's always wanted to go out to do his thing. How do I teach this fur ball to go outside is ok? Corinna